Steve Martin on the 72 virgins promised to martyrs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the crosspost! I enjoyed.

Surely there are 72 different kinds of virgins? Too many of Steve Martins tend to be the same flavor. And by flavor, I mean men.

Last edited:

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Actually, one of the disputes is about the word translated virgins which given the Arabic, may actually be rasins, considered a delicacy in the desert, as something commonly served, along with dates at an oasis.

I had the sick idea of those self proclaimed jihadist martyrs getting to the promised land and sitting down to a bowl of rasins --hehehehehehehe.

then my brain when in the opposite direction, 72 virgins waiting...think there is a reason they might be virgins....heheheheheheheheh (evil laugh).

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Actually, one of the disputes is about the word translated virgins which given the Arabic, may actually be rasins, considered a delicacy in the desert, as something commonly served, along with dates at an oasis.

I had the sick idea of those self proclaimed jihadist martyrs getting to the promised land and sitting down to a bowl of rasins --hehehehehehehe.

then my brain when in the opposite direction, 72 virgins waiting...think there is a reason they might be virgins....heheheheheheheheh (evil laugh).
You get martyred and the reward is 72 raisins? That's it? That isn't even an appetizer. The Big Guy better at least spring for a 30 pack of Coors Light for being splayed while alive. I'm sure it's a misinterpretation, and all those unlucky martyrs at least got the virgins (though, personally, I'd rather not have virgins).

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

quote]

72 rasins aint gonna last long into the rest of eternity. Then again, neither will 72 virgins.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
My question is, what do you have to do to BE one of the 72 virgins? I mean, if you're stuck in heaven, sharing a crazy dude with 71 other chicks...does that mean you REALLY pissed Allah off, or that you were really good?

JDCrayne

Indonesian Yak Keeper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pacificsites.com
My question is, what do you have to do to BE one of the 72 virgins? I mean, if you're stuck in heaven, sharing a crazy dude with 71 other chicks...does that mean you REALLY pissed Allah off, or that you were really good?

Since they're all virgins, it's obvious that there's one thing at which they weren't good at all!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:D I guess my link was bad, but the orginal was good. That is SO my life lately. :D

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
For the record, my source for the controversy over the translation of virgins vs. rasins is the New York Times --which discussed the fact that the vision of Heaven is that of an oasis, and that providing guests with fruits as a form of refreshment would have been both traditional and appropriate and a welcomed delight and reprieve from the harsh climate, and much more in keeping with the other tenets advocated in the Koran.

David Conner

Wake up, my dear. We're home!
Registered
Reaction score
Re: 72 virgins

Maybe Allah really delivers the goods...all 72 virgins are drop-dead-gorgeous nymphomaniacs. But poor Ali Babba put a little too much kaboom in his fanny pack and not even Allah could put humpty completely back together again. Were we talking about heaven...or hell?

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Good thought, David. Welcome aboard. Good to have you here.

Contrary to what people may tell you, I neither drink blood, forment rebellion or spray my friends with polyurethane.

You're safe here. We only tell jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.