How do I see if a rep point is positive or negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
When I click on my User CP, it automatically shows me a page of my reps, but it doesn't say whether each RP is positive or negative. Am I missing something here? :)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I just gave you a negative, does it show? Give me one too and I"ll see if it shows on mine. I imagine that if you can't see them, you have none. ?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Freckles, I'm going to have to give you a good rep to counteract that...uhmm..Jennifer...I'm thinking Freckles has rcvd. her 1st bad rep...mmm. you may want to ask Mac to fix that for her, sweetie

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
see the little empty square to the left of the thread the rep comment came from? right click it. there is a drop down menu, choose properties. A pop up box will appear. part of the properties in that long string of stuff is either "pos" or "neg". that's how you tell.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
LOL - I'm toooootally lost. Trying to figure out how to do this, too...

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
giftedrhonda, do you still want to figure it out? It's so strangely awkward, it might take a PM back and forth before I can teach you how.

Just let me know if you want me to try to explain it.

Deleted member 42

You can also turn off Images in your browser and then you'll see a text label.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I assume mine are positive, unless the comment is something like, "You stupid SOB!"

;-)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: Freckles, I'm going to have to give you a good rep to counteract that...uhmm..Jennifer...I'm thinking Freckles has rcvd. her 1st bad rep...mmm. you may want to ask Mac to fix that for her, sweetie

LOL I was only trying to help!

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
see the little empty square to the left of the thread the rep comment came from? right click it. there is a drop down menu, choose properties. A pop up box will appear. part of the properties in that long string of stuff is either "pos" or "neg". that's how you tell.

reputation_pos.gif

ahah! Thanks for clearing that up.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, cool - okay, it just clicked in my brain. Figured it out.

So if I found one that didn't say _pos.gif beside it, do I assume it's negative, then?

Thanks!!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
You can also click on the scales icon in your post to see a message about the kind of reputation that post has received. Most of mine say "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive" I'm not sure what it would say if the reputation was negative.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
You can also click on the scales icon in your post to see a message about the kind of reputation that post has received. Most of mine say "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive" I'm not sure what it would say if the reputation was negative.

Oooooooooooh this is an easier way! Thanks.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
Is "somewhat positive" a good thing? lol - that seems somewhat wishy-washy. hahaha

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Is "somewhat positive" a good thing? lol - that seems somewhat wishy-washy. hahaha
Well, I checked one where I received 4 rep points, & it still was "somewhat positive." Wonder how many you need before it's more than somewhat.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That is just shameless :poke: . (I should have thought of that)
We could just give her a bunch of negative ones and then she can tell us what it says . . .

;-)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We could just give her a bunch of negative ones and then she can tell us what it says . . .

;-)

I like the way you think.

Neg or pos, anyway you'd like, folks - I'm volunteering to be the guinea pig, even for neg reps. I can always have an admin delete them later. :)

btw - I got 3 reps on that post, my total point count is higher so I think they were positive but the comment is still "Somewhat Positive" so I don't know what the threshold is to get a better status than that, yet.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I gave you another one.

I'm betting it still says "somewhat positive".

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have 5 now and based on my points it appears they're still positive. Be sure to tell me if you give me a negative one - just say so in the comment, my math is lousy and my memory is worse. Oh, still says "somewhat positive".

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Probing, impertinent questions about rep points.

I can't tell how many rep points I've got for each 'vote'. Most were one, but sometimes there's only one new rep comment, but my total points goes up by more than one. If I get points from several people, how do I know how many points I got from who?

Do you have to have lots of points or be a moderator to give out more than one point at a time? I just 'tested' the system (positive to Dawno, as if she needs it!<just teasing>) to be sure, I can only give out a positive or a negative rep for a post, but again, I'm SURE I've received more than one point from one person and for one post.

I understand from one of the sticky intro posts that the little rep icons were made invisible because people were gaming the system to get rep points, rather than using them "as intended."

There seems to be a bit of mystery and lore, and even some "hidden information" regarding rep points that we Ordinary Users aren't privy to...

Status
Not open for further replies.