PDA

View Full Version : How do I see if a rep point is positive or negative?

Freckles
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
When I click on my User CP, it automatically shows me a page of my reps, but it doesn't say whether each RP is positive or negative. Am I missing something here? :)

jennifer75
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I just gave you a negative, does it show? Give me one too and I"ll see if it shows on mine. I imagine that if you can't see them, you have none. ?

Little Red Barn
02-06-2007, 11:35 PM
:roll: Freckles, I'm going to have to give you a good rep to counteract that...uhmm..Jennifer...I'm thinking Freckles has rcvd. her 1st bad rep...mmm. you may want to ask Mac to fix that for her, sweetie

Stew21
02-06-2007, 11:45 PM
see the little empty square to the left of the thread the rep comment came from? right click it. there is a drop down menu, choose properties. A pop up box will appear. part of the properties in that long string of stuff is either "pos" or "neg". that's how you tell.

giftedrhonda
02-07-2007, 12:48 AM
LOL - I'm toooootally lost. Trying to figure out how to do this, too...

alleycat
02-07-2007, 01:11 AM
giftedrhonda, do you still want to figure it out? It's so strangely awkward, it might take a PM back and forth before I can teach you how.

Just let me know if you want me to try to explain it.

Chumplet
02-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Gosh, don't you just look at your total points? If they go up, it's good. If they go down, you don't wanna know.

Of course, mine only go up.

Medievalist
02-07-2007, 01:14 AM
You can also turn off Images in your browser and then you'll see a text label.

alleycat
02-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I assume mine are positive, unless the comment is something like, "You stupid SOB!"

;-)

jennifer75
02-07-2007, 01:25 AM
:roll: Freckles, I'm going to have to give you a good rep to counteract that...uhmm..Jennifer...I'm thinking Freckles has rcvd. her 1st bad rep...mmm. you may want to ask Mac to fix that for her, sweetie

LOL I was only trying to help!

jennifer75
02-07-2007, 01:27 AM
see the little empty square to the left of the thread the rep comment came from? right click it. there is a drop down menu, choose properties. A pop up box will appear. part of the properties in that long string of stuff is either "pos" or "neg". that's how you tell.

reputation_pos.gif

ahah! Thanks for clearing that up.

giftedrhonda
02-07-2007, 03:41 AM
Oh, cool - okay, it just clicked in my brain. Figured it out.

So if I found one that didn't say _pos.gif beside it, do I assume it's negative, then?

Thanks!!

Dawno
02-07-2007, 03:51 AM
You can also click on the scales icon in your post to see a message about the kind of reputation that post has received. Most of mine say "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive" I'm not sure what it would say if the reputation was negative.

jennifer75
02-07-2007, 03:54 AM
You can also click on the scales icon in your post to see a message about the kind of reputation that post has received. Most of mine say "Your reputation on this post is Somewhat Positive" I'm not sure what it would say if the reputation was negative.

Oooooooooooh this is an easier way! Thanks.

giftedrhonda
02-07-2007, 04:00 AM
Is "somewhat positive" a good thing? lol - that seems somewhat wishy-washy. hahaha

Sage
02-07-2007, 04:14 AM
Is "somewhat positive" a good thing? lol - that seems somewhat wishy-washy. hahaha
Well, I checked one where I received 4 rep points, & it still was "somewhat positive." Wonder how many you need before it's more than somewhat.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 04:16 AM
Well, I checked one where I received 4 rep points, & it still was "somewhat positive." Wonder how many you need before it's more than somewhat.

We can test how many it takes it if you'd all like to give my post a rep :D

jvc
02-07-2007, 04:37 AM

That is just shameless :poke: . (I should have thought of that)

alleycat
02-07-2007, 04:43 AM
That is just shameless :poke: . (I should have thought of that)
We could just give her a bunch of negative ones and then she can tell us what it says . . .

;-)

jvc
02-07-2007, 04:46 AM
We could just give her a bunch of negative ones and then she can tell us what it says . . .

;-)

I like the way you think.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 04:54 AM

;-)

I like the way you think.

Neg or pos, anyway you'd like, folks - I'm volunteering to be the guinea pig, even for neg reps. I can always have an admin delete them later. :)

btw - I got 3 reps on that post, my total point count is higher so I think they were positive but the comment is still "Somewhat Positive" so I don't know what the threshold is to get a better status than that, yet.

alleycat
02-07-2007, 04:59 AM
I gave you another one.

I'm betting it still says "somewhat positive".

jvc
02-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Neg or pos, anyway you'd like, folks - I'm volunteering to be the guinea pig, even for neg reps. I can always have an admin delete them later. :)

Too late, I already gave you a positive one.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 05:08 AM
I have 5 now and based on my points it appears they're still positive. Be sure to tell me if you give me a negative one - just say so in the comment, my math is lousy and my memory is worse. Oh, still says "somewhat positive".

benbradley
02-07-2007, 05:28 AM
I can't tell how many rep points I've got for each 'vote'. Most were one, but sometimes there's only one new rep comment, but my total points goes up by more than one. If I get points from several people, how do I know how many points I got from who?

Do you have to have lots of points or be a moderator to give out more than one point at a time? I just 'tested' the system (positive to Dawno, as if she needs it!<just teasing>) to be sure, I can only give out a positive or a negative rep for a post, but again, I'm SURE I've received more than one point from one person and for one post.

I understand from one of the sticky intro posts that the little rep icons were made invisible because people were gaming the system to get rep points, rather than using them "as intended."

There seems to be a bit of mystery and lore, and even some "hidden information" regarding rep points that we Ordinary Users aren't privy to...

jvc
02-07-2007, 05:30 AM
Mods can give out more than one point. If I were a mod (silent plug) I would give everyone more than one point.

alleycat
02-07-2007, 05:30 AM
The short answer is yes, some people can give out more than one rep point at a time.

Silver King
02-07-2007, 05:42 AM
Mods can give out more than one point. If I were a mod (silent plug) I would give everyone more than one point.
I think most mods can give only one rep point at a time per post. The ones who are endowed with super-duper powers, like Jenna and Chunky and Fahim and Mac, dole out ten points in one shot.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 05:48 AM

You should scroll up to that post if you want to participate in the test. I'm getting reps on other posts and the point is to see how many it takes to change the status from "Somewhat Positive" to something else.

Of course I could just ask ChunkyC.

But then I wouldn't be getting any rep pts...;)

Sage
02-07-2007, 05:50 AM
how many are you up to?

Dawno
02-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Oh, to answer about giving points -

The total point count for member is 1 pt and you can only rep a post once.
Supermods give 3pts per rep
Admins give 10
I forget if non-Super Moderators give 3 points or 1. It's discussed somewhere on the FAQ forum I think.

I don't have an option to give fewer than 3 - so I couldn't choose to give someone only 1 or 2.

That help?

jvc
02-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Oh, to answer about giving points -

The total point count for member is 1 pt and you can only rep a post once.
Supermods give 3pts per rep
Admins give 10
I forget if non-Super Moderators give 3 points or 1. It's discussed somewhere on the FAQ forum I think.

I don't have an option to give fewer than 3 - so I couldn't choose to give someone only 1 or 2.

That help?

Could you give me a rep, just to see of course, for my research.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Sage - still just 5 on the original post

jvc, check your rep on the previous post.

jvc
02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
jvc, check your rep on the previous post.

Thanks Dawno, although I should tell you, and it may be me, but my points tally only went up by 1 (not 3). Not that I'm complaining, I like all the reps I get.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Could be that in the upgrade my ability to give out 3 pts got re-set. I'll ask ChunkyC about it. Thanks!

jvc
02-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Could be that in the upgrade my ability to give out 3 pts got re-set. I'll ask ChunkyC about it. Thanks!

Always glad to help :D . I'm here all day and most of the night if you should need me. Although I may go get some sleep now, just figured out what time it is.

Dawno
02-07-2007, 06:15 AM
'gnight then, jvc!

aruna
02-07-2007, 12:31 PM

I tried it. It only works if you click right inthe middle of the square, at the same level as the wording on the right, If you click anywhere else on the sqauer all you get in the pop-up is "miscellaneous properties".

icerose
02-08-2007, 12:52 AM
It's too bad there isn't just a dot, blue or green for good, red for bad. Easy to see at a glance.

Freckles
02-08-2007, 02:06 AM
UGH! I don't have any square or dot next to the reps.

alleycat
02-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Freckles, highlight a few of your rep points (just do the whole thing, like you were going to cut and paste them). Over to your left, you will now see a darkened little square in the empty margin. After you see where they are, right click on the "mystery box", then click "properties". You can then see whether it's a positive or negative comment.

Freckles
02-09-2007, 05:32 AM
I see it now...thanks alley! RP coming your way :D