F, blind and curse

kborsden

Has a few recurring issues
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I've been told lately that I'm rather foul-mouthed, especially when watching sport. Aparently, this shows a 'lack of intelligence and vocabulary'. Always being someone willing to improve said character flaws, I was wondering if anyone could give me creative invented swears and insults, beit full words or terms, to replace the usual.

kie

Vanatru

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I know that when I'm watching soccer I get rather blue, especially when it's United or Chelsea.....both bands of rotters.

When my kids are around I usually revert to:

Blast,
Jumping Cats
or
Buggers.

Those blasted strikers on Arsenal are a bunch of buggers, the way they charge the keeper and all.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Can't help, sorry. I could make a drunk sailor blush.

(but not around kids, or in polite company)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
friggin' (for the obvious word it replaces).

But, I think it would be better just to pretend someone is there you wouldn't curse in front of . . . your minister, your mother, your three-year old (whichever works for you). I'm betting there are times you watch your language.

Just a thought.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
I've been told lately that I'm rather foul-mouthed, especially when watching sport. Aparently, this shows a 'lack of intelligence and vocabulary'. Always being someone willing to improve said character flaws, I was wondering if anyone could give me creative invented swears and insults, beit full words or terms, to replace the usual.

Think people give you hell? Try being a woman with a foul mouth. (I also belch like a frt boy; not exactly ladylike) I mean, c'mon...I married a sailor because we speak the same languge. LOL If F-bombs were A-bombs, I'd have destroyed the world by fourth grade.:roll:

I disagree that it shows lack of intelligence and vocabulary. When I've been accused of lacking the two because I curse, I generally tell the person that making and voicing judgements shows snobbery and a lack of tact. :Soapbox:That shuts 'em up.

Can't think of any oddball curses off the top of my head...but I admire your drive to improve upon this "flaw"...

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
Frack.

As in I hate those frackin' Cylons.

I had a co-worker who always said "frappin'". It made me want to gouge her eyeballs out with a broken frappaccino bottle. LOL

To this day, if I really want to annoy my other co-worker, I'll use that word. Works every time...hehehe

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Look at Calvin and Hobbes. They always have interesting insults.

You mouth-breathing bag of boogers!

Mangy flea-bait!

Chowder head!

I could go on all day...

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Sex Pistols' version is the only one I've heard. Hilarious and filthy. It's on the Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle soundtrack.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
It isn't lack of intelligence, it's habit. That's all. Children aid in curbing bad language . In fact, I can't say "stupid" or "shut up" (among others) without incurring The Wrath.
Plus, I don't want him to get in trouble... Pre-K is hard enough as it is, and he repeats everything.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I salute profanity.

In fact, I have made myself quite famous at college, because of my dirty mouth.

A few weeks ago I was talking filthy on my cell phone (on a break, outside) and some of my classmates overheard me. I'm part of the "in scene" now.

I'm a popular grandma figure.

(I'm 43 and some of my classmates are 18.)

And nobody can believe I wear C CARTER Reeboks.

And "BCBG" on my bum.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Well I am a proud utililizer of some prime profanity and I'm a woman. Doesn't make me any less demure either. I belch and curse and scream at the telly during footy matches and American sports.
I'm quite partial to Feck when I'm trying to be polite in mixed company.
My daughter is 18 months and says sh#t and F... and it's a bit mortifying. At least she uses them in the proper context! Only when she's truly worked up...I've been trying to clean it up around here. She also puts a nice ethnic spin on it sometimes - sh*te. Brings a tear to my eye!!! I'm sure the nuns will want a word with me when she goes to school.
I'm horrible, by American standards, because I'm quite comfortable with the dreaded "C" word.
I yell FECKERBOGS at drivers now instead of some of the choice phrases I have in my arsenal. That's about it for my suggestions.

You could swear in Italian. Il Bastardo always makes me smile!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'd be a quiet little mouse indeed if you took all my sweary words away.

-Derek

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
There's nothing wrong with Profanity, if it's used in context. I don't feel the need to curb my cussin' unless there are sprogs around. And since I'm generally either at work, at home or in the pub my life is, thankfully, sprog free.

Although, if you insist:
"Mutha hubbard"
Use "Freak" instead of... well, you knwo what.

Or watch firefly.

Reaction score
A perfect answer for those who accuse you of having a limited vocabulary (and that has been said to me on more than one occasion): "Surely the more swear words you know, the more varied your vocabulary?"

My friend said, "Only you would have a comeback like that, Nichola."

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you could always settle for the equally manly curse, 'fiddlesticks'.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are times when a good swear word is not only justified, but good for the soul. Say 'em loud and say 'em proud. A little restraint is necessary in some instances, and they shouldn't become part of one's regular conversation. But, if I bust a knuckle while scrunched under a sink replacing the faucet, I'm not going to let a "shoot" or "friggin'" seep out. I'm ringing the full-out curse bell. Athletic competition, whether one is directly involved, or watching in the stands or on TV, is such a knuckle-busting experience (in a figurative sense). Those who feel a true fan shouldn't cuss should go in the other room and watch Mary Poppins, or shove iPod earphones in their ears.

thethinker42

Abnormal Romance Author
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gallagherwitt.com
You could swear in Italian. Il Bastardo always makes me smile!

That makes me long for the days when I could cuss a blue streak in Spanish OR Russian. Now I still remember a few select words in Spanish, but alas, my Russian has gone the way of the dodo...I really need to brush up on it.

Then again, you could just say "I like your shoes" or "may I pet your dog?" in Russian and someone will think you just cursed them and all of their small household appliances. It's one of the things I love about that language. LOL That and Arabic -- I MUST learn Arabic. Then I will have achieved Nirvana in my ability to cuss someone out.

(As it is, when I curse in English, I've been known to make a room full of sailors go "damn, woman..." Hehehehe)