Status
Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. You have to have 50 posts before you can use a custom avatar however.

ThatGuy

Registered
Reaction score
I guess only 20 more posts until I can advertise my book with an avatar!

ThatGuy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I can't wait for 08!

(Hey, now only 18 more posts!)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Awww, you'll get there, ThatGuy.

If the system doesn't immediately recognize that you've gotten to 50 posts, by the way, logging out then logging back in will often do the trick. :)

Grey Malkin

Moody Member
Registered
Reaction score
I've uploaded a new avatar, but it doesn't show on my control panel and only appears when I post a new message. If I refresh the page - pop! it's gone.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Grey. My compliments to the photographer of your avatar image. Nice lighting! Pretty freakin' sinister for a man who describes his--no, never mind. I'm not going there. (It was a risque joke regarding your custom user title.)

It's normal for no URL to show for your avatar picture if it's hosted at AW's server. Do you not see the image itself when you open the Edit Avatar fuction of the Control Panel? (I see mine.)

Honestly, I'm real low-tech, so if you can make me understand exactly what you see under what circumstances, you'll also be explaining it thoroughly to the people who can help correct what needs fixing.

Maryn, entirely tongue in cheek about the off-color humor

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
Pout. Not fair. Before that thing happened that wiped out everyone's record of posts a few years ago I had tons. Oh well. At least I'm posting again. hehe

Deleted member 42

I've uploaded a new avatar, but it doesn't show on my control panel and only appears when I post a new message. If I refresh the page - pop! it's gone.

Would you look at a post of yours and tell me if that's the avatar you want/expect to see?

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And the next thing you know you have 5000 posts and someone has dragooned you to working in the rigging.

Yeah. After a while you realize that you (a general you) talk/post too much, or talk more vs. writing more.

And if you stick around long enough, you get to watch us all be declared a Cabal.

Grey Malkin

Moody Member
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Grey. My compliments to the photographer of your avatar image. Nice lighting! Pretty freakin' sinister for a man who describes his--no, never mind. I'm not going there. (It was a risque joke regarding your custom user title.)

Cheers - it's a self portrait, the played with in Photoshop to clean it up. As for the description - I keep meaning to change it to "Big Wobbly Dangly Member" but not sure if that translates across the pond - it's a bit "Blackadder" innit?

Grey Malkin

Moody Member
Registered
Reaction score
Would you look at a post of yours and tell me if that's the avatar you want/expect to see?

Generally I see nothing, not even on my avatar editing page. But it appears when I mail a reply, and it is the one I want - used to be Meg and Mog, but I thought that made me look like a girl, then was beer, but I've just quit the booze, so now it's that happy looking pic of me from my website.

Grey/Colin M

Grey Malkin

Moody Member
Registered
Reaction score
ps - the size is bigger than 125x125 but smaller than 64k (about 35k)

Grey Malkin

Moody Member
Registered
Reaction score
woohooo :Hug2:

nothing shows up here though - but I can see everyone else's.

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
When I go to the avatar part of my profile it still doesn't give me the option to add my own. I logged in, logged out...am I missing something?

Deleted member 42

When I go to the avatar part of my profile it still doesn't give me the option to add my own. I logged in, logged out...am I missing something?

You've only just got to 52 posts; there's a script that has to be run, that updates vBulletin and it just hasn't done that yet. Might you be able to wait until tomorrow?

Ali B

Just Hanging Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alinabradford.com
You've only just got to 52 posts; there's a script that has to be run, that updates vBulletin and it just hasn't done that yet. Might you be able to wait until tomorrow?

No, damnit! I wanna cool picture! I wanna I wanna I wanna! :cry: :e2faint: :

Status
Not open for further replies.