Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous Traveler

His servent for life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
prairiewords.wordpress.com
Every so often when God thinks I have ignored him for too long he does this to me. Did I do this on my own? I really don't think so. Consider it a gift to share if you wish. An unconditional gift like many that I receive and fail to recognize.

Link

Postscript. After writing this I headed for bed. As I lay ready to pull up the blankets I felt compelled to kneel at my bed in prayer. I have not done this since childhood. The last time I prayed was over twenty five years ago. I had no words in my mind. The one thing I desire most in my life, the forgiveness and love of a special woman I abandoned so long ago never entered my mind. The best I could do was acknowledge Him. He has always been there, tonight He was here.

Last edited:

IrishScribbler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
coffee-stainedwriter.blogspot.com
Amen.

I've had a similar experience with prayer. Though I pray more often, there have been times when I was in prayer and all I could do was kneel and close my eyes and thank the Lord for being there over and over.

Thankfully, the Lord knows our hearts, and knows what we want to pray; we don't have to say anything to Him, and he knows.

I'll keep you in my prayers. Peace be with you!

Anonymous Traveler

His servent for life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
prairiewords.wordpress.com
Thankfully, the Lord knows our hearts, and knows what we want to pray; we don't have to say anything to Him, and he knows.

I'll keep you in my prayers. Peace be with you!

And I find He knows when I don't. I think that is why He put me in front of the keyboard to write the Memo. Yesterday I said an unkind word about something no longer in the fridge. When I pushed the door shut, a little hard. a pot lid left on the top tumbled onto the stove, scaring the ... out of me. Sometimes He is quiet, sometimes not.

Thank you for your thoughts and Peace be with you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.