What Did You Get on The S.A.T.'s?

Reaction score
Alright, out with it.

This is a non-scientific poll. There will be a margin of error of "- 150" on everyone's answer because of the obvious desire to possibly fudge your answer.

But I trust everyone to answer honestly.

The S.A.T. doesn't measure intelligence and in no way reflects badly on someone who got a low score. Well, that's what they say.

So,...out with it!!

I'll start. And I believe that the score grid changed at some point, so put the score AND the year you took it so we can get an accurate idea of how smart you are. Just kidding.

BillyThrilly: 1986 - 1130

Anyone who doesn't answer, we'll assume they got below an 850.

If you didn't take it feel free to say so.

Good luck, everyone.

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
You passed your SAT's in 1130?! That's impossible! You can't be that old ;P

Erm... and the point of this thread is what? >__< Honestly, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want to post their grades online :p *shudder*

I haven't taken S.A.T's, I'm French. I did the bacalaureat L.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
2-2-2-2-and a 10 from the silly judge

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want to post their grades online :p *shudder*

Oh, I don't want to. But we've had I.Q. test threads. So...the time has come.

And this thread exists because of the Seinfeld I just watched....

George: I'm sure I have a low IQ. I've been lying about my SAT scores for 15 years.

Jerry: What did you get?

George: What did I get or what do I say I got?

Jerry: What do you say?

George: I say fourteen o nine (1409).

Jerry: 1409, that's a good score.

George: You're telling me.

Jerry: What did you really get?

George: You are my friend.

Jerry: Of course.

George: I tell you everything, right?

Jerry: I hope so.

George: Well, this I take to the grave.

:ROFL:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vein, SAT is the Standardized Aptitude Test. It's a standardized test for college-bound students. You need it, among other things, if you want to enroll in an undergrad program in an American college or university.

I don't have my scores with me, and I outright lost my GRE scores. LOL. I don't even remember where my diplomas are! But I remember passing the SAT (duh). I remember doing rather poorly in the English section (about 600) but got almost a perfect score in the Math section, so that would put me in the 1300+ range. But don't believe me, since I don't have it in front of me. That was a LONG time ago.

Reaction score
This thread will be closing in five minutes.

If you don't answer by then we will all assume you got below an 850.

Thank you.
:D

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I didn't do SATs. Not because I live in the UK - I actually applied to do them anyway for, like, fun. But the SAT people at... you know, SAT Headquarters or whatever said there'd be no point because it'd be like one of you lot doing a junior jumble.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Score: 1410
Year: 1980

Did better on the GREs.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, out with it.

This is a non-scientific poll. There will be a margin of error of "- 150" on everyone's answer because of the obvious desire to possibly fudge your answer.

But I trust everyone to answer honestly.

The S.A.T. doesn't measure intelligence and in no way reflects badly on someone who got a low score. Well, that's what they say.

The guys who got low scores married the hottest cheeleaders and are now supporting their children by doing front-end aligmnent at the local auto shop. I was the guy in the library reading, with my SAT score going up like a pinball machine operated by a talented player, but doing nothing to improve my lack of social skills.

So,...out with it!!

I'll start. And I believe that the score grid changed at some point, so put the score AND the year you took it so we can get an accurate idea of how smart you are. Just kidding.

BillyThrilly: 1986 - 1130

Anyone who doesn't answer, we'll assume they got below an 850.

Okay, okay, I'm answering...

If you didn't take it feel free to say so.

Good luck, everyone.

Good luck on something that's already been done? Well anyway...

1220 in 1976.

540 verbal and 680 math, (I read up on the SAT recently, they've changed it a lot - there's now an essay section!) which shows my inclination for math, but also that I knew enough about English to write grammatically correct sentences. I already knew I was well ahead of my peers in those respects.

I recently looked up Mensa's requirements, and for the 1976 SAT you need a score of 1250 to qualify. That means if I want to join I'll have to take and pass an actual test. I have a mixed impression of that organization, but I may go for it someday anyway. ISTR they don't allow the SAT after some year in the '80's because it got so watered down.

Years ago I subscribed to the word-of-the-day from m-w.com, but got bored with that. My vocabulary is already decent, and is likely not "the part of my personality" that I most need to work on.

But then, perhaps last Summer, I subscribed to the SAT-question-of-the-day at collegeboard.com. I get something like 8 or 9 right out of every 10, and when I get one wrong I feel so ashamed...a lot of it is 'compensation' or whatever the psychological word might be. My parents were always patronizing to me and putting me down, and I've always tried to be "good enough" or "smart enough" or something to get their respect. It never happened.

Obligatory song "Boy Wonder:"
http://carlau.com/lyrics/boy.html

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i don't remember my score, but i do remember filling in the bubbles such that my test sheet said "black sabbath kicks ass".

with a pentagram below it.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I didn't get around to taking my SATs because I was a huge slacker back then (and still am) but I got a 33(I got 35s in my English and Grammar sections, and Christmas Tree'd the end of the Science section because I got bored) on my ACTs.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Wow - I feel young, and I know I'm no kid compared to most around here. Mine was still pre-calculator and pre-essay.

1993: 1380

I don't remember the breakdown (710/670?), but I know I did consistently better in English than Math. Not the right balance for a prospective engineering student - guess that's why I'm here...

Not that SAT meant anything at that time (or ever). Classmates who never broke 1100 but were ranked higher went to Ivy League schools.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

I never took the SATs; I'm a high school drop out, technically, but I probably would have done exceedingly poorly.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Hey...I want to get into Mensa >.< !
They stick you for membership dues... $49.00 a year, or something like that. Whenever I redo my resume, I rejoin so I can put it on, but I honestly doubt anyone pays attention to it. I should probably pay up for this year as I need a better job, because I think there's at least a 1% chance some future employer will be impressed.
Oh, yeah, and I sat through six hours of IQ tests one Saturday when I was 15. I had nothing better to do.

Last edited: