PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Bears or Colts?

Who do you want to win? Who do you think will win? Score predictions? Thoughts?

Poll up shortly....

:)

dahmnait
02-01-2007, 08:44 AM
You know that you are so going to get sued for using the name SuperBowl instead of "the big game", right? ;)

tlblack
02-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Since my best friend lives in Indianapolis I hope the Colts win. It will either be a close game or one will rule the whole thing when the other team forgets what game they came to play.

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 08:53 AM
You know that you are so going to get sued for using the name SuperBowl instead of "the big game", right? ;)

That's the great thing about not having money....

But seriously, if putting 'SuperBowl' in the title is somehow wrong and a mod wants to change it to 'The Big Game' instead, have at it.

<shrugs>

(Of course, if you're joking, it went right over my head. Lack of sleep does that to me).

Oh wells.

William Haskins
02-01-2007, 08:58 AM
bears 24-21.

dahmnait
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
That's the great thing about not having money....

But seriously, if putting 'SuperBowl' in the title is somehow wrong and a mod wants to change it to 'The Big Game' instead, have at it.

<shrugs>

(Of course, if you're joking, it went right over my head. Lack of sleep does that to me).

Oh wells.I think I was just joking. I am pretty sure that the NFL hasn't gotten to suing individuals for using the name.....yet.

dahmnait
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM
If you can't decide, you can take this quiz (http://playoffs.nfl.com/bandwagon/index.asp?entry=sbcompromogif) to help you decide which bandwagon to jump on.

According to the quiz, I picked the right team. The Bears are going to take it. I was a little concerned. If it told me the Colts, I would have been so confused.

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Bear 31-Colts 28

Rex with one passing TD, Jones with one rushing TD, Hestert with either kick-off/punt return TD, Defense forces fumble/intercept for TD, and Gould FG to win.

Payton 4 TD passes.

Just guessing....

BenPanced
02-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Since I'm originally from Indiana, I hope the Toronto Maple Leafs get it.

What?

kristie911
02-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Da Bears!

dclary
02-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Immortal and Haskins are insane.

Colts win 33-20. Or 49-10. One or the other.

poetinahat
02-01-2007, 11:00 AM
This is almost a Subway Series-type game. They should split the difference, and play it in South Bend or Gary!

kristie911
02-01-2007, 03:23 PM
This is almost a Subway Series-type game. They should split the difference, and play it in South Bend or Gary!

Right...'cuz who wouldn't want to go to Gary? :eek:

poetinahat
02-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey, it's the Home of the Jackson Family! (And everybody knows that song from Music Man, right?)

My wacky prediction: No touchdowns. Final score: 9-6.

Bmwhtly
02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
What is this superbowl you speak of?
A giant bowl filled with Colt-carrying bears? what makes that so super?

dahmnait
02-01-2007, 03:44 PM
You sir, are either baiting, or you are quite insane. The Bear's entire defense would have to be out for that kind of score. With Peyton Manning needing this win to legitimize his career, the first score has potential, but I still say the Bears take the game.

Either way though, this should be a great game.

robeiae
02-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Immortal and Haskins are insane.Possibly. But at least they picked the right team to win.

You want insane? Look here (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/30/AR2007013001039.html).

The NFL claims the trees planted in Miami, and at the last two Super Bowls, make the games "carbon neutral" because the trees will eventually absorb carbon dioxide (CO2), the main greenhouse gas, emitted at the events.

aadams73
02-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey, where's the "I ain't gonna watch no stinkin' Stupid Bowl" option? Plus, no eggplant or Orlando Bloom. Dude, way defective poll.

:roll:

dclary
02-01-2007, 04:37 PM
You sir, are either baiting, or you are quite insane. The Bear's entire defense would have to be out for that kind of score. With Peyton Manning needing this win to legitimize his career, the first score has potential, but I still say the Bears take the game.

Either way though, this should be a great game.

You grossly underestimate how good the Colts offense is. And you desperately want to believe that defense alone wins Superbowls (which is the only way Chicago wins this).

It.
Never.
Does.

Except maybe twice.

Shadow_Ferret
02-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I believe it's the #3 offense against the #5 defense. If Peyton can get the monkey off his back...

But I hope the commercials win. I really couldn't care less about the game. *yawn*

dahmnait
02-01-2007, 05:00 PM
You grossly underestimate how good the Colts offense is. And you desperately want to believe that defense alone wins Superbowls (which is the only way Chicago wins this).

It.
Never.
Does.

Except maybe twice.No desperation here, just looking at reality. :tongue

Yes, defense is the only way the Bears win this. I don't underestimate the Colts offense at all. If you were going to go head to head with just the QBs then Peyton Manning blows Rex Grossman out of the water, but I think you are vastly underestimating the Bears defense (and PM's ability to choke). A good defense will shut Peyton Manning down, and the Colts just can't win it without PM.

Oh, and I wasn't disputing that the Colts might take the game, I was disputing your point spread of 49-10. There is just no way that the Colts offense can shut out the Bears defense enough to allow this kind of spread.

Of course I don't have a personal stake in this game. I just want to see both teams play hard.

MidnightMuse
02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
You're talking about Puppy Bowl III, right? I only watch for the halftime kittens.

dclary
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Let's wager, Dahmnait... You're an attractive young lady, and I'm a grotesque hideous troll. If the Colts blow away the Bears, I win and you send me a nice boudoir pic of yourself. If the Bears win, I... don't send you a boudoir shot of me (and preserve your innocent eyes from needing cloroxing).

Any other outcome (Colts win by close margin) is a tie, no pics swapped.

:D

maestrowork
02-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Colts, 21-17

davids
02-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Bears 27-colts 24

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey, where's the "I ain't gonna watch no stinkin' Stupid Bowl" option? Plus, no eggplant or Orlando Bloom. Dude, way defective poll.

First, if you ain't gonna watch the stinkin' Super Bowl, then why bother postin' in a thread 'bout the Super Bowl....like, majorly duh, dude.

Second, if you wanna go play with an eggplant or Orlando Bloom, (or make up a poll about which you'd rather play wit' - have at it, dude), but since neither have nuttin' to do wit' the stinkin' Super Bowl, I didn't see the need to include them, dude.

Have a nice day, dude.

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 09:32 PM

It.
Never.
Does.

Except maybe twice.

No, if you read my earlier post, I predicted that Payton would throw 4 TD passes. I also predicted that Rex would only throw one. Of course, I also predicted that Jones would run one in, special teams would provide one, and the Bears Defense would also provide one. And just for fun, I added in a Gould FG. Do I want the Bears to win? Yes. Do I think the Colts will win? Yes, especially if 'bad' Rex shows up. Either way, it should be a good game (unless 'bad' Rex shows up - in that case....I think the Colts will win it 28-17 (Bears special team TD & FG, Bears D one TD)

Take care all - :)

Jean Marie
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Colts 27 Bears 16

Good Rex won't show.

WerenCole
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts I hate the Colts

Go Patriots!

Doh!

Bears 101- Colts- 0

I am actually doing an analysis of the game (required of course, I would not write it if I didn't have too) that says something along the lines of Bears 24 Colts 17 (because Chi will run run run run run and Peyton, that little snot rag, won't be on the field.) I have no further desire to talk about a game that does not feature Tom Brady and Co.

jennifer75
02-01-2007, 11:17 PM
BEARS 7 - 0

(I know absolutely nothing about scoring)

dclary
02-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Bears 101- Colts- 0

Talk about voting with your heart. :roll:

That's true fandom, Weren. (Even if it IS anti-colt fandom)

WerenCole
02-01-2007, 11:23 PM
It is like my other pass time: Yankee Hater.

writerterri
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Ummm...

Jaycinth
02-01-2007, 11:29 PM
It is like my other pass time: Yankee Hater.

Oh. Right-o then. A Yankee hating Main-iac.
Play 'Free Bird' for me Weren.(**wink-wink, kiss-kiss**)

Oops. Off subject.

I remember, I think it was back in 1984, when a cowardly football team, under cover of darkness and snow storm, snuck like curs out of Baltimore and high-tailed it out to Indiana.

BEARS RULE!!!!!!!!
Except, of course, when they are playing the Redskins, in which circumstance they are a bunch of cross dressing hamsters. With LISPS!!!!

Jean Marie
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
BEARS are a bunch of cross dressing hamsters. With LISPS!!!!

Wow, I couldn't agree w/ this statement, more :D

writerterri
02-01-2007, 11:45 PM
Bears?

I go with bears.

Jean Marie
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Go Colts!

My-Immortal
02-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Colts 7 Bears 16

Good Rex show.

See - creative editing works this way too.... :)

Jean Marie
02-02-2007, 12:00 AM
See - creative editing works this way too.... :)
You fink :tongue

dahmnait
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Let's wager, Dahmnait... You're an attractive young lady, and I'm a grotesque hideous troll. If the Colts blow away the Bears, I win and you send me a nice boudoir pic of yourself. If the Bears win, I... don't send you a boudoir shot of me (and preserve your innocent eyes from needing cloroxing).

Any other outcome (Colts win by close margin) is a tie, no pics swapped.

:DI had a beautifully written response to this. Then I realized that it could be taken wrong. So I deleted it all and started over. Another well written response that upon review I realized could be taken wrong......You guys are all sick and perverted, reading into my words that way. Every last one of you.

Tell you what Dave, out of respect for the fine woman that deemed you marriage material, I won't tell you that you aren't a grotesque hideous troll. I will, however, take you up on that bet. After all, I won't lose. At the very worst it will be a tie. :tongue

dclary
02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
I had a beautifully written response to this. Then I realized that it could be taken wrong. So I deleted it all and started over. Another well written response that upon review I realized could be taken wrong......You guys are all sick and perverted, reading into my words that way. Every last one of you.

Tell you what Dave, out of respect for the fine woman that deemed you marriage material, I won't tell you that you aren't a grotesque hideous troll. I will, however, take you up on that bet. After all, I won't lose. At the very worst it will be a tie. :tongue

happyhappy:LilLove: joyjoy

(now to work on my excuse with lclary. "No, I have NO IDEA why that HOT CHICK from AW sent me underwear pics! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!")

robeiae
02-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey Dave, can I buy you a coffee or something, good buddy?

Keep me in the loop, please.

kristie911
02-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Bears 16 Colts 10

dahmnait
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
When I ran this by my bf this evening, he wasn't very happy. His exact comment was, "Great, now I have to root for the Bears."

He was a little happier when I pointed out that he could still root for the Colts, but just root for them to win by a smaller margin.

HOT CHICK from AWNo real reason for quoting this. I just wanted to see it again. :D

louisgodwin
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
1st Half: Bears take an early lead and maintain it, with the Colts never falling more than 10-13 points behind.

2nd Half: Colts come from behind and win by 7 points or less.

(Though you probably shouldn't listen to me. My picks have pretty much sucked this year.)

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Just had to bump this one....I mean, the game is less than 24 hours away.

Even though I am rooting for the Bears, it's really hard to predict this game - because I think it really hinges on if Good Rex or Bad Rex shows up...and I think we'll know one way or the other by the end of the 1st Q.

I just hope the commercials don't suck this year. Last year there were only a handful of good ones.

Go Bears!

paprikapink
02-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Colts 28 Bears 14
:e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2cheer: :e2Order: :e2headban

[disclaimer: i've been overpowered by a bored 9-y-o girl and she's dictating my posts tonight.]

benbradley
02-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Who wins? The advertisers, the TV network, the stadium, the surrounding hotels,...

Oh, and a few guys get commemorative rings, and a big paycheck for saying where they're going for vacation.

Sorry, I'm not into most sports in general, and not football (American or European) at all.

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I wonder who will have the closest prediction (no bets, at least on my part), just curious.

Jean Marie
02-04-2007, 08:02 AM
Colts 28 Bears 14

[disclaimer: i've been overpowered by a bored 9-y-o girl and she's dictating my posts tonight.]
This had to be repeated.

Why?

Oh the score, is why :hooray:

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 08:08 AM
This had to be repeated.

Why?

Oh the score, is why :hooray:

I agree with the Colts score - I think Payton will throw for 4 TDs....

I'm just hoping the Bears score more! :)

Wait and see....

<come on good Rex...show up in Miami tomorrow(today - depending on your time zone)!>
lol

Sage
02-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Who do you think will win? The advertisers.

But the quiz told me to vote for the Colts

Jean Marie
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I agree with the Colts score - I think Payton will throw for 4 TDs....

I'm just hoping the Bears score more! :)

Wait and see....

<come on good Rex...show up in Miami tomorrow(today - depending on your time zone)!>
lol
Bad Rex is tossing and turning, as we speak :)

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Bad Rex is tossing and turning, as we speak :)

As long as Bad Rex is tossing now...and Good Rex is tossing in the game, the Bears will do fine... :)

Jean Marie
02-04-2007, 10:54 PM
As long as Bad Rex is tossing now...and Good Rex is tossing in the game, the Bears will do fine... :)
Bad Rex is contemplating...what to do...Peyton really is better :D

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Bad Rex is contemplating...what to do...Peyton really is better :D

I know Peyton is the better quarterback-I've never said otherwise. In my predictions, I've said I think Peyton will throw for 4 TDs. Good Rex can be a very good quarterback too. In order for the Bears to win though, ALL aspects of their team will need to be playing GOOD - offense, defense, special teams....Good Rex alone (if he shows up) will not be enough. I won't be surprised if the Colts win, BUT, if the Bears defense can find a way to shut down Peyton and all aspects of their team is playing GOOD, I don't see why the Bears can't win. Regardless of the outcome, I just hope it is a good game...(some have become real snooze-fests).

In addition, just curious, what have you made for snacks? I've already made creamy Guacamole, a hot pineapple/cheddar cheese side dish, and I'll be making an Italian Sausage-melted Velvetta-Salsa dip closer to the game. Some left over chicken-cornbread stuffing casserole reheated for dinner with a cold beer and I'm set. What's your favorite Super Bowl food?

Jean Marie
02-04-2007, 11:19 PM
Oooh, can we share snacks :D

I'm anticipating a great game, actually. I hope good Rex shows up so it won't be lopsided. There's nothing better than a close Super Bowl, w/ lots of great plays. Adds to the tension and excitement.

Guacamole, I believe is its own food group. That's what I was raised believing. Plain Tortillas are required for dipping. Lime must be added to the Guac. All time favorite :D

My-Immortal
02-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Oooh, can we share snacks :D

I'm anticipating a great game, actually. I hope good Rex shows up so it won't be lopsided. There's nothing better than a close Super Bowl, w/ lots of great plays. Adds to the tension and excitement.

Guacamole, I believe is its own food group. That's what I was raised believing. Plain Tortillas are required for dipping. Lime must be added to the Guac. All time favorite :D

I add a little mayonnaise to the Guacamole to make it a little less 'biting' (?)...(and that way my wife will eat it too). I've only recently started eating it so I haven't tried it with lime yet. Perhaps next time. :)

I was thinking of making chili, but I made a white bean chili the other day because it was so cold out and after a couple of days of eating it I wasn't in the mood for more (okay, at least not for a couple more days - I love white bean chili).

billythrilly7th
02-05-2007, 01:46 AM
The only thing something named "Rex" should be competing for or has a chance to win is....

http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/7/f/l/1/best_in_show.jpg

'Nuff said.

Go Colts.

Really 'Nuff said now.

Luke flees the scene
02-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I'm rooting for the colts. :flag:

Mud Dauber
02-05-2007, 02:31 AM
I know Peyton is the better quarterback-I've never said otherwise. In my predictions, I've said I think Peyton will throw for 4 TDs. Good Rex can be a very good quarterback too. In order for the Bears to win though, ALL aspects of their team will need to be playing GOOD - offense, defense, special teams....Good Rex alone (if he shows up) will not be enough. I won't be surprised if the Colts win, BUT, if the Bears defense can find a way to shut down Peyton and all aspects of their team is playing GOOD, I don't see why the Bears can't win. Regardless of the outcome, I just hope it is a good game...(some have become real snooze-fests).

In addition, just curious, what have you made for snacks? I've already made creamy Guacamole, a hot pineapple/cheddar cheese side dish, and I'll be making an Italian Sausage-melted Velvetta-Salsa dip closer to the game. Some left over chicken-cornbread stuffing casserole reheated for dinner with a cold beer and I'm set. What's your favorite Super Bowl food?

I'm with ya all the way! Da Bears, baybay!

Oh, and as for food... Unfortunately I awoke this morning with flu-like symptoms and have forewarned my guests (only two family members:tongue ) that all I can muster up is the strength to order pizza--take it or leave it. They're taking it of course, because the Bears are in the Superbowl and we here in Chi-Town are psyched! As for me, I have a nice can of Progressive chicken soup reserved for halftime. Oh happy joy!:rolleyes:

Go Chicago!

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 02:36 AM
I'm with ya all the way! Da Bears, baybay!

Oh, and as for food... Unfortunately I awoke this morning with flu-like symptoms and have forewarned my guests (only two family members:tongue ) that all I can muster up is the strength to order pizza--take it or leave it. They're taking it of course, because the Bears are in the Superbowl and we here in Chi-Town are psyched! As for me, I have a nice can of Progressive chicken soup reserved for halftime. Oh happy joy!:rolleyes:

Go Chicago!

Hey, I hope you feel better soon - and I'm guessing a Bear's win would really go a long way toward making you feel better.

Go Chicago! :)

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Gotta get the snacks together...don't want to miss the game or the commercials. LOL

Go Bears....but in the spirit of fairness - I hope it is a good game and everyone plays up to their abilities....which might make a Bear's win probable....

;)

dahmnait
02-05-2007, 05:14 AM
:cry: I have a sick son and had to stay home today...with my broken T.V. It just isn't the same. :cry:

dancingandflying
02-05-2007, 05:38 AM
i think the colts will win, but i want the bears to. :sigh: :rant:
alice. :D

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 06:58 AM
No, if you read my earlier post, I predicted that Payton would throw 4 TD passes. I also predicted that Rex would only throw one. Of course, I also predicted that Jones would run one in, special teams would provide one, and the Bears Defense would also provide one. And just for fun, I added in a Gould FG. Do I want the Bears to win? Yes. Do I think the Colts will win? Yes, especially if 'bad' Rex shows up. Either way, it should be a good game (unless 'bad' Rex shows up - in that case....I think the Colts will win it 28-17 (Bears special team TD & FG, Bears D one TD)

Take care all - :)

Congrats to the Colts. As of 1 minute to go, it looks like they are going to win. Bad Rex showed up...but more surprisingly a relatively bad Bear's defense showed up too. Payton did okay...but I really thought he'd pass for more TDs. I did get quite a few Bear scores correct though.....and the final score only off by one. Again, congrats to the Colts.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Colts 27 Bears 16

Good Rex won't show.

Very close Jean - only a total of 3 points off. Good job.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Colts 28 Bears 14

Good job - only a total of 4 points off.

billythrilly7th
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM
The rain made the game so much better. It was a war instead of a bunch of wimps playing on a manicured field.

They should stop with this nice weather location routine.

Play in the rain.

Play on the frozen tundra of Lambeau field.

War. It's the SuperBowl, not the AverageBowl.

Congrats, Colts.

maestrowork
02-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Woohoo.

tourdeforce
02-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Hasn't been a decent Super Bowl since III in 1969.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Honestly, for as poorly as the Bears played, they managed to somehow keep in the game for most of the 60 minutes...Hestert started it out great....and honestly, when the Bears won the beginning toss, I celebrated, because I felt that was the last time they were going to win anything today. LOL

Oh wells....it was still a good season, and hopefully next year the Bears will find a way to go all the way. Congrats to the Colts and their fans. Well played.

robeiae
02-05-2007, 07:16 AM
By my tally, the University of Miami won easily. Good job, guys.

Carrie in PA
02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Excellent game. Definitely an edge-of-the-seater!

Lame-assed commercials. Not a memorable one in the bunch. :(

Halftime show... meh. I've seen worse.

robeiae
02-05-2007, 07:19 AM
The animals in the pet store operating the "mouse" was good. And I liked the one for the computer-locater thingy. Course, I always thought Ultraman had great special effects...

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Excellent game. Definitely an edge-of-the-seater!

Halftime show... meh. I've seen worse.

But at least Prince didn't have a wardrobe malfunction... ;)

I thought a couple of the commercials were kinda funny - but nothing really 'amazing'.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:22 AM
The animals in the pet store operating the "mouse" was good. And I liked the one for the computer-locater thingy. Course, I always thought Ultraman had great special effects...

I liked that one too - and the Budweiser one with the white dog was kinda cute. GoDaddy had some visually appealing commercials.... ;)

robeiae
02-05-2007, 07:23 AM
What the hell is GoDaddy? I refuse to type in the address and find out.

Luke flees the scene
02-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Sweetness, the colts won! :hooray:

Carrie in PA
02-05-2007, 07:24 AM
But at least Prince didn't have a wardrobe malfunction... ;)

I thought a couple of the commercials were kinda funny - but nothing really 'amazing'.

:roll: True!

A few of them were cute... I liked the crabs bowing to the cooler, and the map-turned-monster, but nothing great. No Pepsi commercials. Nothing by Ameriquest (I loved their spaghetti sauce/cat "don't judge too quickly" commercial last year). I don't see any of tonight's making it on to any "Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials" specials.

Carrie in PA
02-05-2007, 07:25 AM
What the hell is GoDaddy? I refuse to type in the address and find out.

You register domain names through them. I think that's it.

Carrie in PA
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
The animals in the pet store operating the "mouse" was good.

Oh yeah! That one was cute. :D

dancingandflying
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
who was right? me, by the way. i was right.
alice. :D

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:27 AM
Oh yeah! That one was cute. :D

I know what the problem is...we forgot to plug it in.... :)

kristie911
02-05-2007, 07:33 AM
There were a couple of commercials that made me laugh out loud but I can't even remember them now...so they were definitely forgettable.

Overall the whole thing was completely blah...

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:35 AM
There were a couple of commercials that made me laugh out loud but I can't even remember them now...so they were definitely forgettable.

Overall the whole thing was completely blah...

The Toyota Tundra commercials were kinda interesting....but yeah, overall, there were no "WOW!" commercials this year (again!)

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Okay...now it's time to say....Go Cubs! :)

Hey, on paper they look like a great team...(again - LOL)

Jean Marie
02-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Colts 27 Bears 16

Good Rex won't show.
Dang, I was close!

Almost exact.

Final was Colts 28 Bears 17 :hooray: :partyguy:

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Dang, I was close!

Almost exact.

Final was Colts 28 Bears 17 :hooray: :partyguy:

Final was Colts 29 Bears 17....you missed it by a total of 3 points. Good job

Jean Marie
02-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Final was Colts 29 Bears 17....you missed it by a total of 3 points. Good job
Thank you :D

I didn't think too much of the commercials. Nothing really knocked my socks off. And Prince...well...who was playing for him, in between guitar changes?

louisgodwin
02-05-2007, 08:05 AM
I will, however, take you up on that bet. After all, I won't lose. At the very worst it will be a tie. :tongue

I'm so sorry, Tammy. I bet Dave's hovering over the inbox of his email as we speak.

Jean Marie
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
I won my bet :D

Mud Dauber
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Hey, I hope you feel better soon - and I'm guessing a Bear's win would really go a long way toward making you feel better.

Thank you. Yes, it would have helped tremendously.

I love Chicagoans. We are such a loyal bunch!

For a while, it was one of the more exciting SuperBowls, doncha think? That beginning touchdown was awesome. Too bad the Bears fizzled out near the end. But either way, Colt's coach and Lovie are both class acts. I wish them well. And now, you're right... it's on to the next heartbreaking team.;)

Had Nyquil about an hour ago, so I'm good for nothing from here on out.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm so sorry, Tammy. I bet Dave's hovering over the inbox of his email as we speak.

I thought Dave only 'won' if the Colts won by a blow-out. That was hardly a 'blow-out' win....

...but hey, the bet is between them not me. LOL. (I just didn't think the game was a 'blow-out')

<shrugs>

louisgodwin
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
1st Half: Bears take an early lead and maintain it, with the Colts never falling more than 10-13 points behind.

2nd Half: Colts come from behind and win by 7 points or less.

Hmmm, I didn't do too badly this time. My prediction for the first half was almost dead on.

Mud Dauber
02-05-2007, 08:10 AM
That was hardly a 'blow-out' win....

I agree.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 08:11 AM
Thank you. Yes, it would have helped tremendously.

I love Chicagoans. We are such a loyal bunch!

For a while, it was one of the more exciting SuperBowls, doncha think? That beginning touchdown was awesome. Too bad the Bears fizzled out near the end. But either way, Colt's coach and Lovie are both class acts. I wish them well. And now, you're right... it's on to the next heartbreaking team.;)

Had Nyquil about an hour ago, so I'm good for nothing from here on out.

I totally agree - both coaches are impressive. I wouldn't be surprised to find the Bears and Colts back in the playoffs again next year.

Go Cubs! :) (Maybe 2007 is supposed to be the Cubs year....the Bears can win the Super Bowl in 2008).

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Hmmm, I didn't do too badly this time. My prediction for the first half was almost dead on.

That was a good prediction too. I loved the kickoff return to start the game. THAT was pretty amazing. :)

Mud Dauber
02-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Go Cubs! :) (Maybe 2007 is supposed to be the Cubs year....the Bears can win the Super Bowl in 2008).

:Hug2: That's the spirit!

kristie911
02-05-2007, 08:14 AM

They always do, sweetheart, they always do.

But when September rolls around, we'll be crying for sure. :)

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
They always do, sweetheart, they always do.

But when September rolls around, we'll be crying for sure. :)

I like to think that if their major stars can actually get healthy and stay healthy this year anything is possible.... They have a new coach, quite a few new players, and FINALLY they aren't counting on Prior and Woods to actually play and each win 20. Putting Woods in the bullpen with his great glass arm actually makes sense (they should have done that a few years ago) and if Prior can't start consistently (and stay healthy) they should put him in the bullpen too. Make Prior a middle reliever and Wood a step up man/closer.

TrainofThought
02-05-2007, 08:34 AM
One pissed off Bears fan here, but at least a good bottle of wine numbed the pain.

dclary
02-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Immortal and Haskins are insane.

29-17 final score, I was off by 3.5 points on my prediction, but called the spread nearly perfectly. I had a 13 point spread, they won by 12.

dclary
02-05-2007, 07:22 PM

It.
Never.
Does.

Except maybe twice.

/yawn. It's not easy being right.

dclary
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
You're talking about Puppy Bowl III, right? I only watch for the halftime kittens.

Puppy Bowl ROCKED!

LOL. We *loved* the Kitten Halftime Show!!!

dclary
02-05-2007, 07:26 PM
I will, however, take you up on that bet.

This is the happiest moment of my life.

Up until the point Ms. Nait asks me what email addy to send the photo to.

However, being the southern gentlemen that I am, I offer her a tobacco leaf of friendship and offer to let her out paying the bet. It was a fine wager, and a fine game.

Shadow_Ferret
02-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Interesting that the voting came out to almost the final score, 25-15.

dclary
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought Dave only 'won' if the Colts won by a blow-out. That was hardly a 'blow-out' win....

...but hey, the bet is between them not me. LOL. (I just didn't think the game was a 'blow-out')

<shrugs>

12 points isn't a blowout? Especially when the colts refused to run the score up in the 4th (giving up a field goal chance at the end of the game)?

All stats except the score itself show the game a blowout.

dclary
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
You register domain names through them. I think that's it.

I do my domain registration through godaddy. I learned about them through their wildly entertaining (and sexy) ad on the superbowl 3 years ago.

So, the ads work.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
12 points isn't a blowout? Especially when the colts refused to run the score up in the 4th (giving up a field goal chance at the end of the game)?

All stats except the score itself show the game a blowout.

When a TD/extra point equals 7 points, no 12 points isn't a blow out. The Colts didn't even win by 2 full scores. You wouldn't call a 5-3 win in a baseball game a 'blow-out' (and at least the winner of that game would be up by a FULL 2 scores), would you? You wouldn't call a 100-95 in basketball (with 2 full 3-point shots allowing the loser to actually win in this example) a 'blow-out' would you?

When the Bears won the Super Bowl XX by the margin of 47-10....that was a blow-out.

Shadow_Ferret
02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Who was favored to win and by how much? I don't recall seeing that before the game.

My-Immortal
02-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Who was favored to win and by how much? I don't recall seeing that before the game.

Indy was favored to win by at least 7.

Shadow_Ferret
02-05-2007, 10:24 PM
In that case, winning by 12 wasn't a blowout, it simply was expected.

dclary
02-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Dude... I was *this* close to sexy AW pics!!!

Shadow_Ferret
02-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Doh!

Sorry, d.

My-Immortal
02-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Dude... I was *this* close to sexy AW pics!!!

And the Bears were *this* close to winning the Super Bowl....

....now you know how they feel.

dclary
02-06-2007, 03:28 AM
They were up by 8 and still knew they weren't going to win. I at least had a shot.