poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Hospice helped dying man lose his virginity
A young disabled man who receives care for his life-limiting illness at a hospice run by a nun spoke yesterday of his decision to use a prostitute to experience sex before he dies.

Sister Frances Dominica gave her support to 22-year-old Nick Wallis, who was born with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Sufferers usually die by their thirties.

Mr Wallis told staff at the Douglas House hospice in Oxford that he wanted to experience sexual intercourse. He explained that he had hoped to form an intimate and loving relationship with a woman, but his disability had acted as a barrier.

It was arranged for the prostitute to visit his home in Northampton. "My parents went out," he said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/01/27/nvirgin27.xml

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
These are real people with a true sense of decency and compassion.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
yes, there are many heroes here. not the least of whom is the prostitute who advertises in publications for the disabled.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
The prostitute actually considers herself disabled as well, having a stutter and no gag reflex, which she claims have actually helped her during her vocational training.

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Prostitutes are rarely what one expects. Wasn't there a conscientious civilian woman who could've helped him out. Perhaps a skillful college girl who needed more community service hours?

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
tourdeforce uses the "im about to die" line everytime.

so far, the hookers havent fallen for it.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I could see where the lack of a gag reflex could be very useful in certain situations.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
A guy I knew in college used that line. That was, hmm, about 1975. Last I heard, he hadn't died yet.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
So far, the most effective line that I use with repeated success is "Yes, yes, I am that William Haskins and I absolutely must immortalize the beauty of your eyes in poem."

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
This has been arranged for someone close to me, also.
It restores faith all round for me.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Good for the nuns. And I think the gag thing was a joke.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
Tough crowd here tonight. Almost as tough as the veal. Thanks and good night. Remember to tip your waitresses!

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Well that gag reflex thing was not very nice. Is she saying she was appalled by his condition -- he makes her gag? What the heck does a gag reflex have to do with losing his virginity?

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

i.....can't.....

omigoodness.

:roll:

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A guy I knew in college used that line. That was, hmm, about 1975. Last I heard, he hadn't died yet.
Couldn't we all use a little more petit mort in our lives?

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Prostitutes are rarely what one expects. Wasn't there a conscientious civilian woman who could've helped him out. Perhaps a skillful college girl who needed more community service hours?

"It was not emotionally fulfilling, but the lady was very pleasant and very understanding. I do not know whether I would do it again. I would much rather find a girlfriend, but I have to be realistic."

The above quote is the most telling. I find the story sad. Isn't there any girl who could find it in herself to make friends with, and, yes, perhaps LOVE this man? I believe his deeper need was for emotional fulfillment.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I swear that this was exactly the premise of a script someone on our screenwriting board had entered into the contest Joe Calabrese ran last year. Someone's going to have to dig up that thread...