Somes news...

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
girlsadvice.7.forumer.com
Yes, I am aware I've been gone off and on for a long time now. But I've been in and out of here a lot the past few days, and figured I might as well share some news with people:

I broke up with my first and only bf on Friday, right before Spanish class. It was hard, but we knew it was for the best.

On Sunday night, I jokingly told my big brother figure/best friend of 5 years that I would marry him if he were interested. His reply? "Why not?" So--still assuming we were joking-- I suggested we change our Facebook status. We did.

Apparently he wasn't joking. :D I'm moving north this summer, and we'll set a date after we sort out school situations.

Yay.

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
You've only dated one person and you are engaged two days after breaking up with that person?

And you are only 17?

Perhaps you might want to reconsider this and slow down a little.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I am aware I've been gone off and on for a long time now. But I've been in and out of here a lot the past few days, and figured I might as well share some news with people:

I broke up with my first and only bf on Friday, right before Spanish class. It was hard, but we knew it was for the best.

On Sunday night, I jokingly told my big brother figure/best friend of 5 years that I would marry him if he were interested. His reply? "Why not?" So--still assuming we were joking-- I suggested we change our Facebook status. We did.

Apparently he wasn't joking. :D I'm moving north this summer, and we'll set a date after we sort out school situations.

Yay.

um...

what??

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Actually, I'm turning 18 in a few days. And I'm already a nurse's aide and over halfway done on my trek to Registered Nurse. And he's a couple of years older than me. And as I said, we've been friends for years. :)

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Don't get too offended, but do I even know you? ;) I'm waiting to talk to writerterrri and Spooky and the rest of the people I actually remember.

Which reminds me, I should mention that this is the guy who took good care of me after I had a nervous breakdown and lost my memories. :) And thanks to him, I'm starting to recover some of the good ones.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
Don't get too offended, but do I even know you? ;) I'm waiting to talk to writerterrri and Spooky and the rest of the people I actually remember.

threads to individual members are no longer allowed. ;)

( seriously, that was kinda rude right there.)

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I remember you. And it's not to individual users; just don't be snotty to me if you don't even know me. :)

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
who's been snotty to you?

not knowing the full scale and scope of god's special creature that you are, simply based on a 100 word post is not a sin.

when you put your private life out there for the world to see, they're under no obligation to support you if they think you're being foolish.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I also broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years last November. I'm dating again, with another guy that's been just as awesome, and in some ways even more awesome. Good luck with this guy!

Shwebb

She's the creepy-looking dude
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, Rachael, I guess I don't really know you, either.

Eighteen is pretty young to get married, too. Not saying it doesn't work out, I've seen a good bit of young people have marriages that do wonderfully. And I (and the rest of us here, I'm sure) wish you all the best.

But don't expect blind congratulations--it's because we do care that some people are expressing their reservations. Instead of being defensive, be glad that we care enough to be honest with you.

Marriage is supposed to be a rest-of-your-life commitment. Can you honestly say you're ready for that?

Although it sounds like this guy has already weathered with you through some pretty stressful times, and that is most wonderful.

And I'm glad for you that regardless of whether you do marry him, he must be a helluva friend. Friends like that are priceless. And I can unequivocally say that I'm very happy for your that you have him in your life.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I'm starting to remember why I left this place...

You have the right to criticize all you want to; I have the right not to listen to you, especially if you know nothing about the situation or me, period. :) And I think it's awfully presumptuous to post something like that if you don't even know the person.

But then again, I am from the south, so maybe I ought to get used to the way northerners act, eh?

ETA: Thanks to the last two posters. I appreciate it. :) I've been through more than I generally share with people in a casual message board setting, and he's been there with me through 5 years of hell. My former bf was delighted over the engagement, if that says anything.

Last edited:

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to remember why I left this place...

You have the right to criticize all you want to; I have the right not to listen to you, especially if you know nothing about the situation or me, period. :) And I think it's awfully presumptuous to post something like that if you don't even know the person.

But then again, I am from the south, so maybe I ought to get used to the way northerners act, eh?

why are you being so obnoxious?

dont put up personal information if you do not want other people to comment on it.

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
damn you abe!!

had to take back the south.

:(

gave us bush.

and now this.

:(

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're out of line with that comment about northerners, Rachael. That's not going to fly here.

Never mind age. "Why not?" is not a compelling reason to get married. A compelling reason to get married would be, say, "I can't imagine not spending the rest of my life with you".

Good luck to you, but don't hold it against people when they respond to something you post in a public thread, especially when you started the thread yourself.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
And I think it's awfully presumptuous to post something like that if you don't even know the person.

Then maybe you should have PM'd Terri and Jon instead of starting a thread, especially if you knew 'why you left in the first place'.

Uh....yeah. Right. Some of the people posting responses are from the south.

Rachael

**Engaged**
Registered
Reaction score
Website
But don't expect blind congratulations--it's because we do care that some people are expressing their reservations. Instead of being defensive, be glad that we care enough to be honest with you.

Marriage is supposed to be a rest-of-your-life commitment. Can you honestly say you're ready for that?

I actually really appreciate concern-- but from people who have a vague idea of who I am (as opposed to joining a month after I took a break due to a nervous breakdown) and people who obviously DO care. :) I think anyone comparing your post to some of the others in this thread will be able to see the difference between the tones of the post, anyways, so I'll leave it at that.

And yes, I'm ready to be a wife and run a household. :) I've been running one, working, and taking care of children 24/7 for much longer than I've known this guy.

You're right, poet. I probably was out of line with the northerner thing. Maybe it's just a bitter, cynical thing. ;)

Last edited: