Status
Not open for further replies.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks!

Here's where you should report any glitches you find.

Once you'll notice right away when making a new post is that the images for strikethrough [SUP]superscript[/SUP] [SUB]subscript[/SUB] are missing. I'll get on that asap.

So, poke around and let us know what you find. :)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi CC.

The avatars that belong to the site don't seem to be working. I went over to edit my avatar because it appeared as a white box with a red X in it, and it looks as though all the generic avatars that come with the site are the same way.

However, custom avatars seem to be working just fine. I might go ahead and upload one later today.

Sincerely,

Ian D. Mecantie

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi again,

Another glitch I've noticed, just now, happened as I gave a poster a rep point. After I entered the rep point, I tried scrolling back up to the top of the page, and the scrolling was very slow. It went up in little increments and then would stop for an equal amount of time.

Of course, glitches like this, I guess, are normal for new systems, so I'm not too worried about it. I wish you the best in figuring out how to make the system even better.

Thanks for posting this thread, CC.

Deleted member 42

Chunky you need to check the paths for images. Notice the avatars that come with vBulletin use the wrong path; also some of the new features visible in the Reply dialog for posts are missing graphics.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Every time I go to this thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53430

I get a "Security Error: Domain Name Mismatch" that I'm trying to connect to "earthymommies.com" and that the certificate doesn't match because the certificate name is "www.earthymommies.com."

I don't know if this is related to the upgrade, but it didn't happen earlier today in the same thread.

And why would it be trying to connect me to another site anyway?

Deleted member 42

That's a sig issue K1P1; we can fix it thanks for mentioning it.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to go out for a bit, but keep posting the stuff you find. I'll check back later.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
That's a sig issue K1P1; we can fix it thanks for mentioning it.

It happens in Firefox 2, but when I tried it in IE 7 I didn't get the warning. But, I don't use IE so I haven't customized the settings and it may be set not to warn me.

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
The text box for the rep points does not scroll. It eventually JUMPS but there doesn't seem to be a predictable response.

ETA: It wont scroll back and forth after text is entered.

Last edited:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure if this would be considered a problem, but the New Posts screen now shows three announcements at the top. Before, it never showed announcements separately. Side effect of the upgrade?

Deleted member 42

Not sure if this would be considered a problem, but the New Posts screen now shows three announcements at the top. Before, it never showed announcements separately. Side effect of the upgrade?

That there's a feature :D

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature? :D

It seems to be showing unread Announcement threads separately from the rest of threads with new posts. When I read one of the announcements and clicked New Posts, it only showed two announcements rather than three. The thread I read no longer showed.

TheIT

Registered
Reaction score
What's "multi-quote"? New button on the bottom right corner of posts.

Also, there seems to be a new feature when quoting someone else's post. For example, in Medievalist's reply to me there's a ">" box next to my name which takes you back to the original post. Neat!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
What's "multi-quote"? New button on the bottom right corner of posts.

Also, there seems to be a new feature when quoting someone else's post. For example, in Medievalist's reply to me there's a ">" box next to my name which takes you back to the original post. Neat!

That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature? :D

It seems to be showing unread Announcement threads separately from the rest of threads with new posts. When I read one of the announcements and clicked New Posts, it only showed two announcements rather than three. The thread I read no longer showed.

That there's a feature :D

Multi quote in action. Click all the posts you want to quote using that new icon and they all appear in your response box.

Deleted member 42

Multiquote lets you quote multiple posts in a Reply.

You can click the little Multiquote icon next to the Quote button in a post, and that post is "flagged." Click another one to flag it; when you finally click QUote, all the flagged posts will be quoted in your Reply.

You will, of course, judiciously edit the quotes so you only quote what you're actually replying to.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm back.

Item: someone (ah, medievalist) mentioned avatars, I'll have a look now. I think I just need to copy over any avatars that were added by us to the standard set that comes with vBulletin. I copied over the custom avs users added themselves already.

ETA - done.

Item: superscript/sub/strike buttons in post editing windows now ok.

Last edited:

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
Item: superscript/sub/strike buttons in post editing windows now ok.
I didn't even know we had strike, superscript, and subscript in this bulletin board system. I couldn't find 'em when I wanted 'em. Glad to hear they do indeed exist!

(Also, for those who want to create the little "go to orig. post" arrow by hand, apparently the syntax is...

]QUOTE=MEMBER;POSTNUMBER[

For instance, the quote block at the top of this post is created with this tag:

]QUOTE=ChunkyC;1085267[

In real life, of course, you'd reverse those square brackets so the openbrack and closebrack go in the right places. Of course, with the new multiquote button, the need to handcraft quote blocks is reduced. Yay!)

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
The avatars seem to be working now, CC. Just thought I'd let you know.

:)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can't change my avatar. I tried two or three of the avatars I've used before. I get an error message each time that the image could not be saved.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

Chumplet that's a cookie issue in your local browser. Can you find the AW cookie, delete it, quit the browser, relaunch and log in again?

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but I have to keep logging in every five minutes or so. I was typing a post in another thread and it logged me out in the meantime. Logged back in, made my posrt, then got logged out again while surfing around the board.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Skelly, that's a cookie issue in your browser. Try logging out, dumping your cache and clearing cookies, then logging back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.