Fonts Types for an NF book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pen

Veni, Vidi, Vici!
Registered
Reaction score
Font Types for an NF book

What are the advisable/acceptable fonts for a spiritual book? Any ideas? And for that matter, for any type of genre/book.

I know that ultimately it's my choice but I thought that maybe there's more of an appropriate font for different types/genres, you know.

Thanks for help!

Last edited:

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Le Pen.

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking.

If you mean what font you should use when submitting a manuscript, I believe the standard is the same for every genre: Courier New or Times New Roman is what I've seen recommended most often.

There's a thread around here somewhere about manuscript formatting. I'll see if I can find it and put a link here. Here it is: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26126

And here is the part I think you are looking for:
Use in industry: Courier 12/Courier New is the industry standard for book manuscript preparation. Authors of both fiction and non-fiction are strongly encouraged to use Courier 12/Courier New when submitting manuscripts to agents or publishers.

Hope that helps.

ltd.

Last edited:

Le Pen

Veni, Vidi, Vici!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, ltd,

Thanks for the prompt re.

I meant for publishing, for the final book.

I mean to self-pub it, you see, and I want to set the font.

Deleted member 42

Use a book face; Times New Roman, or Bookman or Palatino, are OK. I'd probably go with 11/16.

Le Pen

Veni, Vidi, Vici!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Medievalist!

What do you mean by 11/16? It's the size of the regular text and the bigger titles, like?

Status
Not open for further replies.