Hug from a fan!

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in the library, checking email and such, when a nice elderly woman comes up to me. She told me how much she loves my weekly column and then...HUGGED me!! ;)

How sweet is that? It's my first "fan" hug, so I thought it was quite exciting. I've been getting down on myself this week -- feeling like I'd lost my writing spark -- so this hug made me feel soooo much better. It came at just the right time!

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Nice! :) I love fan stuff. At least, I think I would love fan stuff. :D

Actually, about 10 years ago I did a cartoon panel for a small Georgia newsletter, and then one day I got a letter from a total stranger telling me how much she liked my work. I still have it on my wall, even though I haven't done any cartooning in 9 years. My first and only piece of fan mail. :)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, how cool ! :) I hope she didn't steal your wallet.

*must resist groping/groupies pun*

*must . . . resist*

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
Man, I never get hugs from fans. All is I get is, "You said in book X that solar system Y is Z light years from Earth when really it's Z+1 light years."

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
That's great. I love it when someone calls me at the paper and tells me what a good job I've done. I've even gotten hugs from people I just barely interviewed. It will make your day brighter, and before you know it, you'll be getting them all the time. Way to go.