Security Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifelongdagger

Registered
Reaction score
Does a security monitor make a sound when it switches cameras?

A click perhaps, or maybe a 'ssshh'. Any ideas, even merely for dramatic effect . . .

Many thanks,

Lifelong

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ones I've seen do not. And these days, there is often a monitor for each camera in any kind of high security area.

However, some security cameras also have audio. If this was a multiplex system, I suppose the audio could change as the camera changed.

I'm no expert however.

rtilryarms, one of the moderators here, has been involved in high-tech security work as I recalled. You might want to send him a PM if no one else can answer your question.

Last edited:

Lifelongdagger

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Alleycat and Kristie. Your comments have led me to think that perhaps a flicker of the screen when the location changes may be more realistic than something more audible.

Once again, thank you, and best of luck with your own writings . . .

Kind regards,

Lifelong

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Lifelongdagger said:
Thank you for taking the time to reply, Alleycat and Kristie. Your comments have led me to think that perhaps a flicker of the screen when the location changes may be more realistic than something more audible.

Once again, thank you, and best of luck with your own writings . . .

Kind regards,

Lifelong

Having had to monitor monitors for eight hears I can tell you the ONLY sound accompanied with them switching was from the keys I had to press to manually switch monitors!

(Okay, on some of our monitors *NOW* there's a sound, but that's associated with someone calling into the control room but doesn't come from the monitor itself!))

As for a flicker, what do you mean? Other than the image changing, I'm not sure that there has ever been a 'flicker' from changing the feed on a monitor.

Rabe...

Lifelongdagger

Registered
Reaction score
Rabe, I was sort of thinking that a not so smooth change of image could be noticeable, and Sheryl, yes, I think that, perhaps, artistic licence may be my only way forward on this one . . .

Kind regards,

Lifelong

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Lifelongdagger said:
Rabe, I was sort of thinking that a not so smooth change of image could be noticeable, and Sheryl, yes, I think that, perhaps, artistic licence may be my only way forward on this one . . .

Lifelong

Then yeah, that definitely works. It's like switching channels of a television. Which, probably because, that's pretty much what happens. Only it's the 'feed' from one monitor to another.

You could also think of it like a cut from one camera angle to another within a show or movie - obviously noticeable.

Rabe...

Status
Not open for further replies.