Not good....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
I feel rejected about my second book already. I only sent out two queries, both rejected, but the sizzle I felt for #2 has become a fizzle.

All along I thought--wow, this second book is better than the first-- now I am having serious doubts.

How do you get rid of the nasty critic in your head that puts everything down?

I'm tired...:sleepy:

roach

annoyed and annoying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.idiorhythmic.net
Sorry for the rejections.

As for the inner critic, the only way I've found to silence it is to ignore it. It's like a troll, if you don't give it attention it eventually fades away. Barring that I've had success also with envisioning taking the evil creature out behind the woodshed and beating it senseless with a baseball bat. :D

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
Branwyn said:
How do you get rid of the nasty critic in your head that puts everything down?

You need to replace that nasty critic and replace him / her with one who gives you some positive feedback. Try writing when you are at your most alert and there aren't a lot of distractions around. (Or try a piece of chocolate before you write.)

I'm a firm believer that if you like what your write others will too.

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
I give her a time out. "You thought it was good before," I say, "and I haven't changed a word."

We truly are our own worst critics, especially when we're tired. Keep submitting. :)

EngineerTiger

Writing HF Again, Thank God
Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
Don't slay the critic, put it to work. After you let the book sit a time so you and the "critic" can approach it when your brain is rested. Then the nasty critic can help you edit, tighten, re-enthuse that tired feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.