Ghost buster needed. Inquire within. *insert spooky music*

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Remember the one who was unlocking my door last year?

He's ba-ack.

Three times my front door has been unlocked in two weeks while I'm gone to pick up my kindergartner. I lock it and I check it. It's one of those key locks you have to do from the outside with a key. There is no universal key for maintenance men. If there's work to be done in here they have to get a key from the manager but only if there's a work order. The manager only carries one key and it's protected.

Last year when this happened the locks were changed out.

Bwahahahaha!

Either that or someone's coming in my house, but nothing's missing. Nothing was missing last year either, but a pack of gum, which we found in a box that was closed and it was found in there after it was gone through.

What are your thoughts?

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
Terri, HOW many times have I told you- I'm perfect for the job. WHY won't you take a look at the business card(s) I've given you and call me up! I even explained the time-tested banishment ritual used by the Zygoma-Nanahoodo-Limborb church- 1. Sit on victim's couch focusing on entering a deep state of mediation while eyes linger on television screen, 2- Gnaw on goodies for my body has now become a sacrifice to the angry spirits, and the angry spirits LOVE chocolate. 3. Owner of the metaphysically victimized house must give footrubs to the medium, for constantly running from the devilish beings in the spiritual planes can be exhausting.

By day 3, the spirits will be completely removed from the house, never to return, for the small fee of $7,000 (it really is small- after all, the safety of your FAMILY comes before money, and I respect that). It's an offer you CAN'T refuse!

So c'mon Terri. Just, come on.

And erm...no refunds....

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Ghosts are what I do (see website). I say do one of two things: set up a cheap video to check for maintence man or managers invading your space, and set a blank audio tape up to record while you're gone. If it's actually haunted and not live people causing problems, you may be able to record something called EVP. See here.

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
Terri, HOW many times have I told you- I'm perfect for the job. WHY won't you take a look at the business card(s) I've given you and call me up! I even explained the time-tested banishment ritual used by the Zygoma-Nanahoodo-Limborb church- 1. Sit on victim's couch focusing on entering a deep state of mediation while eyes linger on television screen, 2- Gnaw on goodies for my body has now become a sacrifice to the angry spirits, and the angry spirits LOVE chocolate. 3. Owner of the metaphysically victimized house must give footrubs to the medium, for constantly running from the devilish beings in the spiritual planes can be exhausting.

By day 3, the spirits will be completely removed from the house, never to return, for the small fee of $7,000 (it really is small- after all, the safety of your FAMILY comes before money, and I respect that). It's an offer you CAN'T refuse!

So c'mon Terri. Just, come on.

And erm...no refunds....

In that case I already have four ghost busters. And they were free. You're welcome to two of mine. :D That'll make us even.

Thanks Tsuki!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BlueTexas said:
Ghosts are what I do (see website). I say do one of two things: set up a cheap video to check for maintence man or managers invading your space, and set a blank audio tape up to record while you're gone. If it's actually haunted and not live people causing problems, you may be able to record something called EVP. See here.

I will set up the video in my house and I think I have a small recorder. That'll be cool if I catch whatever it is. Unless it's the maintenance man. Eek!

Thanks for the links and the tips and the links.

Oh, my gosh! You know what I just thought of? This toy I just bought for my cousin was going off all by it's self the other night! I picked it up to see what was causing it to go off. I moved and it stopped.

Last edited:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Ghost buster needed. Inquire within. *insert spooky music*

And just what kind of music does Spooky like? :Shrug:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
oooohhh, I remember you posting about this.
good luck with the mystery!

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
You might also keep a journal of what happens when - it can help to rule in/out normal causes of weird stuff later. If you need help with anything, pm me :)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
BlueTexas said:
You might also keep a journal of what happens when - it can help to rule in/out normal causes of weird stuff later. If you need help with anything, pm me :)

I'm not leaving today, but I will. Thanks.

PS. My husband's paranoid. He put chairs under the door knobs.

skelly

Kickin it old school, posers beware
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
You need to sweep the place and make sure some pervert isn't video taping or web camming YOU. Ghosts are fun, but let's be serious. Doors don't unlock themselves, and you said that nothing is missing. If another key to your place exists, then two could exist, if someone was to swipe it long enough to make a copy. You have notified the police, right?

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
skelly said:
You need to sweep the place and make sure some pervert isn't video taping or web camming YOU. Ghosts are fun, but let's be serious. Doors don't unlock themselves, and you said that nothing is missing. If another key to your place exists, then two could exist, if someone was to swipe it long enough to make a copy. You have notified the police, right?

I did last year. This is a repeat of last year with new locks and keys. The keys are not available to anyone but the manager and she's a woman. So the only people that could be messing with me is...her? She's too snooty for that.

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
writerterri said:
I did last year. This is a repeat of last year with new locks and keys. The keys are not available to anyone but the manager and she's a woman. So the only people that could be messing with me is...her? She's too snooty for that.

Unless she has a low-life boyfriend who copies her keys. Or she's deep in debt and looking for good places to rob. Or doesn't watch her keys and an employee copied them. Or she's just got voyeuristic tendencies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Do what I did to catch an employee rummaging around in my files...tape a strand of hair across the door to make sure no one has entered.
(along with setting up a camera hooked to a motion detector.)

Del

Sky isn't falling, ground is rising
Registered
Reaction score
In a hole in the dark in a cold cold place
I don't subscribe to the traditional ghost. They are just echos. The physical world is affected by the physical. In that regard and barring outsider intrusion, you might want to consider conflict within. You, the kids...sort of a Firestarter thing. The supernatural is really just natural. Weird can always be explained even if we refuse to accept the explanation. Telekinesis isn't that far fetched, just hard to prove so it is mostly dismissed as fiction fodder. I've had a whole room dancing about once and there was no one there but me. After my dad was killed the weird changed from scary to helpful. I figure it was just me being angry at him.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Delarege said:
Haggis! Hi Ya. Did you mail those DVDs of Terri in the shower yet?

Shhhhhhhh! Icksnay on the alktay.

And by the way, I haven't received your five dollars yet.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Terri, have you been giving out keys? LOL...

Seriously though, that is dangerous, someone can come in and be waiting to kill you and your child.

I'd get a security system or bring a priest home to bless the home. (Preist, preacher, either one will do)

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SouthernWriter1978 said:
Terri, have you been giving out keys? LOL...

Seriously though, that is dangerous, someone can come in and be waiting to kill you and your child.

I'd get a security system or bring a priest home to bless the home. (Preist, preacher, either one will do)

No one but my husband and I have keys. We're going to see if it happens again and notify the manager.

I'm going to bless the house tomorrow when the kids are in school. That way they wont have confirmation that their mom is indeed a looney.