PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd say-

Gabriel
01-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Thank you! To each and every person on this forum for making me feel welcome and not like some idiot whose wasting his time trying to write! For so long I've been surrounded by people determined that I follow a path I don't want. I'm intelligent (More than I come across) but I prefer to be creative. It's free and it's wonderful. So thank you to every last one of you for letting me know it's ok to write and be creative!
:snoopy:

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 02:44 AM
Thank you! To each and every person on this forum for making me feel welcome and not like some idiot whose wasting his time trying to write! For so long I've been surrounded by people determined that I follow a path I don't want. I'm intelligent (More than I come across) but I prefer to be creative. It's free and it's wonderful. So thank you to every last one of you for letting me know it's ok to write and be creative!

That's good. Which Mod gave you permission to talk? Are you done peeling potatoes yet?

aadams73
01-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Glad to have you here, Gabriel :)

san_remo_ave
01-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Hi Gabriel,

So glad you're settling in the forum! It is nice to find like minded folk, isn't it?

We can't all claim sanity, but a passion for the written word, well....

Christine N.
01-23-2007, 04:39 AM
Woo hoo, someone else to take out the trash!

Arisa81
01-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Gabriel, it's very nice to have you here :)
It is definitely comforting to have people to talk to who understand.

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 05:45 AM
And you have a good sense of humor. I really appreciate that. :)

K1P1
01-23-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm intelligent (More than I come across) but I prefer to be creative.

Since when are "intelligent" and "creative" mutually exclusive?

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 07:01 AM

I'd argue with you that they aren't mutually exclusive...but I can't find my glasses. So I'm not a good example. :)

Sean D. Schaffer
01-23-2007, 08:34 AM

I hear you Gabriel. I've gone through a lot of the same stuff from my family. They respect the fact I'm a writer, but they really don't think I have what it takes. Most of the people in my family who have supported me in my writing endeavors are gone now. I hope your dreams come true, and that you don't let anyone hold you back.

:)

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Group huuuuuug!

http://zombiejoes.homestead.com/files/group_hug.jpg

(I'm in the middle. you guys find your own group hugs.)

Pamster
01-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Gabriel,

So glad you're settling in the forum! It is nice to find like minded folk, isn't it?

We can't all claim sanity, but a passion for the written word, well....

I agree with you sanremoave. Passion for the written word is something not all people feel apparently, but for us having had it most of our lives (I am speaking of us in the general term) we know no other way to be. It's just in our blood, creativity, intelligence and imagination aren't mutually exclusive by any means. At least in my limited personal experience from running into people in the world. :D

Glad you found us Gabriel, it's a great community, I am with you in the admiration for everyone here. It's so nice to be able to talk about the craft of writing and any other thing related to writing that one can ever think of, it's all covered here somewhere. I love the search feature too, if you've not used it for finding info on agencies or publishers give it a try, it's fabulous. :)

Carrie in PA
01-23-2007, 06:38 PM
We can't all claim sanity,

And most of us don't bother trying anymore...

Welcome. :D

And I think you'd be hard pressed to find another group of intelligent AND creative folks anywhere!

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
I claim sanity........on my taxes every year! HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(I should claim my sense of humor, too! As an asset!)

Carrie in PA
01-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I claim sanity........on my taxes every year! HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(I should claim my sense of humor, too! As an asset!)

Yeah... if you want an audit...

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
They can't audit my sense of humor. It's just too big for one IRS to handle. :D

janetbellinger
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I am sure Gabe must be joking, as Pee Dee indicated. I'd say something horribly boring about creativity being considered one form of intelligence but I am trying to forget educational theory. If you want to find something that drains your creativity, try educational theory.

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 06:49 PM
I am sure Gabe must be joking, as Pee Dee indicated. I'd say something horribly boring about creativity being considered one form of intelligence but I am trying to forget educational theory. If you want to find something that drains your creativity, try educational theory.

OR, if you can't find any educational theory, ask me and I'll kick you in the head for free. It's about the same effect. :)

(I assume Gabe's joking, yes. I hope so, anyway. Cause I'm not only super creative and chosen by God, but I'm really smart too.)

K1P1
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM

Yes, well, I was joking too.

ETA: And I thought that educational theory was all made-up, which would mean that it's created, which would mean....my head hurts.

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Now I'm confused. We need fewer jokes on these forums...

TrainofThought
01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
:snoopy:Gee, I never got this kind of welcome. I haven’t figured out how to block the PMs telling me to go away. Some even offered me money to quit writing… or was that meant for something else. :)

Jenan Mac
01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Mmmmm...precisely which God chose you, PeeDee?

PeeDee
01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Mmmmm...precisely which God chose you, PeeDee?

Probably one of the less sane ones. Loki, perhaps, though he's busy being chained to a rock and I couldn't undersand him around the snake venom.

It may have been Thor, but he's not super bright.

So I think my best bet is Bielbog. Bielbog chose me. Or was it his brother?

Why, did you have one in mind?

Pamster
01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
I didn't think Gabe was joking, but then I am new too so it's probably something that went over my head...LOL! I take things so damn seriously sometimes, it's a wonder I get through each day at all with how much I tend to over analyze things. ;)

janetbellinger
01-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Believe me, mine hurts too.

Gabriel
01-24-2007, 12:10 AM
That's good. Which Mod gave you permission to talk? Are you done peeling potatoes yet?
Sorry sir. . .LOOK OVER THERE!
:gone: and awaaaay I go.

Stew21
01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
for making me feel welcome :snoopy:

damn. We did that? Guys, we need to huddle, we're doing something wrong if the noobs are feeling welcome...

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 12:50 AM
It's because we stopped the beatings. I TOLD you....

Stew21
01-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Tell Spooky to fire up the hot poker, get the whip and meet me at the door of the newbie forum. We'll be waitin for 'em. "No more noobies with dancing snoopies!" That's the new motto.

lfraser
01-24-2007, 01:52 AM
See, I think it's a good thing to greet newbies with a nice friendly little hazing. Gives us a taste of what it's going to be like out there in the mean old world.

Wish somebody had given me a smackupside the head a couple of years ago when I said I thought I might try my hand at writing fiction.

Gabriel
01-24-2007, 03:01 AM
See, I think it's a good thing to greet newbies with a nice friendly little hazing. Gives us a taste of what it's going to be like out there in the mean old world.

Wish somebody had given me a smackupside the head a couple of years ago when I said I thought I might try my hand at writing fiction.

I could smack you upside the head now if you want provided you don't have me arrested and we can all laugh about it later. Or if I can laugh about it later. It's all good.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 03:50 AM
I can whack you both upside the head, and then the mods give me five dollars and give my family some bread.

C'mere.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-24-2007, 04:29 AM
I can whack you both upside the head, and then the mods give me five dollars and give my family some bread.

C'mere.

Perhaps one of the mods should smack you upside the head with a loaf of bread. Would that work?

:D

Carrie in PA
01-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Perhaps one of the mods should smack you upside the head with a loaf of bread. Would that work?

I have a loaf of bread with a brick in it, would that be helpful?? :D

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:34 AM
Does it REALLY seem inclined to work? Honestly? What's it going to do, make me forgetful and I won't know where my tea is, or summin?

Sean D. Schaffer
01-24-2007, 04:36 AM
Does it REALLY seem inclined to work? Honestly? What's it going to do, make me forgetful and I won't know where my tea is, or summin?

Besides, if the loaf of bread has a brick in it, it might not be all that edible.
:rolleyes:

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:38 AM
Besides, if the loaf of bread has a brick in it, it might not be all that edible.
:rolleyes:

you only say that because you haven't had to survive when Jenna's locked you in the broom closet.

Sean D. Schaffer
01-24-2007, 04:43 AM
you only say that because you haven't had to survive when Jenna's locked you in the broom closet.

Sounds to me like you have some pretty darned tough teeth... as well as a tough stomach.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:44 AM
Sounds to me like you have some pretty darned tough teeth... as well as a tough stomach.

But the impressive bit is, I can make diamonds with my colon. :D

(sorry)

Stew21
01-24-2007, 04:47 AM
it's true, to quote Ferris Bueller, you could put a lump of coal up PeeDee's ass and get a diamond.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:48 AM
Not that Trish has any reason to know that....

But that DOES remind me. You still owe me five bucks. Not that it's related or anything.

Carrie in PA
01-24-2007, 04:50 AM
*covers eyes and backs out of thread*

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:52 AM
We're just TALKING. We're all ADULTS here. We can TALK.

ChunkyC
01-24-2007, 04:53 AM
I would just like to step in to say that I abhor the implication that Absolute Write is a haven for insanity1 (says the guy who dresses up as a large green worm with spectacles and horns).

It is well known that we have the problem relatively under control, thank you very much.

Carry on. :D

1 It is also well known that Publish Anything suffers the greatest number of casualties in this area.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 04:55 AM
I would just like to step in to say that I abhor the implication that Absolute Write is a haven for insanity1 (says the guy who dresses up as a large green worm with spectacles and horns).

It is well known that we have the problem relatively under control, thank you very much.

1 It is also well known that Publish Anything suffers the greatest number of casualties in this area.

You're so cute when you're wearing your "in charge" glasses. :)

Sean D. Schaffer
01-24-2007, 04:57 AM
We're just TALKING. We're all ADULTS here. We can TALK.

We were? We can? We are? Where was I during all this?

Stew21
01-24-2007, 04:58 AM
uh, Pete. I left the $5 on the table...actually $6 - I included a tip.

Carrie in PA

You're absolutely right. I think we should just let the posts speak for themselves and anyone can clearly see that any claims of insanity are egregious and ludicrous and many other big fancy -ous words.

PeeDee
You're absolutely right. I think we should just let the posts speak for themselves and anyone can clearly see that any claims of insanity are egregious and ludicrous and many other big fancy -ous words.

Like stupidous. And dumbous. And lameous.

Carrie in PA
Where was I during all this?

The restroom.

ChunkyC
01-24-2007, 04:59 AM
You're so cute when you're wearing your "in charge" glasses.
You think so? They don't make me look fat, do they?

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:00 AM

Nah. They're hot. I totally think they're hot.

in fact....I'm thinking of getting a pair of in charge glasses for ME.

Carrie in PA
01-24-2007, 05:01 AM

They make you look SMART. And in CHARGE. :D

Stew21
01-24-2007, 05:01 AM
hey Pete, who you gonna be in charge of?

what? just wonderin'?

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:04 AM
hey Pete, who you gonna be in charge of?

what? just wonderin'?

Free verse poets. Because otherwise, they stampede through the fence and eat the fresh grass that's kept for the non-fiction writers.

(and people in need of banning and a fight, on the weekends)

I hope they dont' make me look fat, in exactly the way they DON'T make Chunky look fat....

ChunkyC
01-24-2007, 05:04 AM
They make you look SMART. And in CHARGE. :D
You'll find a little something extra in your rep comments this week. ;)

ChunkyC
01-24-2007, 05:07 AM
I hope they dont' make me look fat, in exactly the way they DON'T make Chunky look fat....
A little project (http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/krrn/discoveries/paper/worms/advanced/home.shtml) for you, PD....

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:07 AM
Did I mention they make you look hot?

Hmph.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:08 AM
A little project (http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/krrn/discoveries/paper/worms/advanced/home.shtml) for you, PD....

Oooooooh. Okay. I'll make it. Tonight or in the morning. I will totally make it.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:12 AM
*actually looks at the cutouts*

I think you credit me with a great deal more mental and physical ability than I actually possess. I may have to ask my wife to do it for me.

janetbellinger
01-24-2007, 05:14 AM
[

Let's all smack each other upside the head. I know I need it from time to time.

te=Gabriel]I could smack you upside the head now if you want provided you don't have me arrested and we can all laugh about it later. Or if I can laugh about it later. It's all good.[/quote]

Jenan Mac
01-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Probably one of the less sane ones.
Why, did you have one in mind?

I was going for Coyote, but Bielbog'll do, just because he has a cool name.:D

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:31 AM
I was going for Coyote, but Bielbog'll do, just because he has a cool name.:D

Not Coyote, but how about Anansi? Anansi can be my god. :)

Jenan Mac
01-24-2007, 05:31 AM
I would just like to step in to say that I abhor the implication that Absolute Write is a haven for insanity1 (says the guy who dresses up as a large green worm with spectacles and horns)..

You mean you're not really a green worm? Dash my illusions, willya?

lfraser
01-24-2007, 05:33 AM
Stop having so much damn fun. You'll give us noobs the wrong idea.

Jenan Mac
01-24-2007, 05:36 AM
I dunno. I kinda like Bielbog for you, PeeDee. Althogh I am a little concerned about assigning you the God of Fertility. That's more than a little skeery.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 05:40 AM
Stop having so much damn fun. You'll give us noobs the wrong idea.

Newbie speaking again, eh? Dishes done? Cause Gabe could probably use help peeling potatoes!

*is having way too much fun*

Anyway, sometimes he just represents the power of good.

I could go for Czernobog, if you'd rather.

ChunkyC
01-24-2007, 05:42 AM
I can't wait to see if PeeDee actually makes that worm. :)

lfraser
01-24-2007, 05:59 AM
Newbie speaking again, eh? Dishes done? Cause Gabe could probably use help peeling potatoes!

No way. Uh uh. I'm not peeling any spuds.

Where's the washrooms around here? I'll clean the toilets. Even that stuff under the seat.

Please, sir, anything but the spuds.

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 06:04 AM
No way. Uh uh. I'm not peeling any spuds.

Where's the washrooms around here? I'll clean the toilets. Even that stuff under the seat.

Please, sir, anything but the spuds.

All right, all right, no spuds for you.

Ever peeled an artichoke?

I thought not.

Here you go.

lfraser
01-24-2007, 07:08 AM
An artichoke! Well, sir, you can stuff your artichoke.

1/2 lemon
2 cups bread crumbs
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup choppd parsley
2 cloves garlic, chopped
salt, pepper
Olive oil

Cut base from artichoke.

Squeeze lemon over artichokes. (Do not do this while listening to Led Zeppelin)

Combine all ingredients except oil.

Stuff centre of artichoke and distribute rest of filling between leaves.

Rub outside leaves with olive oil.

Place in pan with about 1/2 inch of water.

Bake at 325 degrees for 1 and a half to 2 hours.

janetbellinger
01-24-2007, 07:10 AM
just don't choke on it, arti

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
A recipe! Okay, you can come out of the bilges. A recipe wins me over anytime. :)

But you may be stuck with the nickname "Arti," now. :) (call me "Meathead" and you're back in the bilges)

lfraser
01-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Wonder if there's any way of changing my username. How about lfArti?

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Wonder if there's any way of changing my username. How about lfArti?

I think you're safer with artichoke jokes than with "lFARTi" if you see what I mean. :)

lfraser
01-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh, ja. I got it.

Gabriel
01-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Cause Gabe could probably use help peeling potatoes!

You told me there was gold in the centre of those potatoes!!!

*mutter* Crummy. . .bossin me around like he's so. . .*mutter*

Carrie in PA
01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
You told me there was gold in the centre of those potatoes!!!

*mutter* Crummy. . .bossin me around like he's so. . .*mutter*

There is! There is! Just keep peeling! :D

PeeDee
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
GABE: This isn't gold!

PETE: Oh. It isn't.

GABE: Its a piece of paper!

PETE: And what does it SAY, yungin?

GABE: ....don't.....get....beat....today.....card...

PETE: Sounds like gold to me.

GABE: I agree. Yes. Must peel more potatoes!

Stew21
01-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Can I have some mashed potatoes now?

lfraser
01-26-2007, 03:11 AM
No, you can't. We're having artichokes. Gabriel cut the potatoes into tiny little pieces looking for gold nuggests, and we had to throw them away.

Tsk. Some people are just soooooo gullible.

Carrie in PA
01-26-2007, 03:17 AM
No, you can't. We're having artichokes. Gabriel cut the potatoes into tiny little pieces looking for gold nuggests, and we had to throw them away.

Tsk. Some people are just soooooo gullible.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be scrubbing toilets?

I didn't think we let newbies roam freely until after they had 50 posts. Security is so lax these days.

lfraser
01-26-2007, 03:43 AM
Nobody can figure out who I am. And if I think someone is about to question me, I give them The Look.

Carrie in PA
01-26-2007, 03:48 AM
And if I think someone is about to question me, I give them The Look.

Oooooh, that's goooooooood!