PDA

View Full Version : Not really rejected or dejected, but definitely confused...

David McAfee
01-22-2007, 10:44 PM
On 10/25/06, a small publisher requested the first 3 chapters via email. I sent them, and the response email I received stated I would hear from them within a month.

Nothing.

On 1/11/07, I emailed the publisher a polite request for an update.

Still nothing.

3 Months later, I am still waiting. Should I call? Or should I give them more time?

giftedrhonda
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Publishers are slower than molasses. Give them at least another month or two.

veinglory
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I am not being totally flippant in saying you should check the publisher is still in business. If they are, email again and perhaps from a different account in case you are falling in the spam filter.

Del
01-22-2007, 11:47 PM
3 Months later, I am still waiting. Should I call? Or should I give them more time?

Contact is certainly in order but I think I'd write via snailmail. Email didn't work and I could blow it with a phone call. Address it to the attention of contact in the email. Have you shopped the piece elseware? It sure would be nice to mention another interested party. :)

Good Luck!

David McAfee
01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
I am not being totally flippant in saying you should check the publisher is still in business. If they are, email again and perhaps from a different account in case you are falling in the spam filter.

They are definitely still in business. I'll try emailing them from a different account. Thanks!

triceretops
01-23-2007, 03:29 AM
David, PM me with the particulars. I might have dealt with them in the past.

Tri

David McAfee
01-23-2007, 04:52 AM
David, PM me with the particulars. I might have dealt with them in the past.

Tri

PM sent, Chris! :)