PDA

View Full Version : Ask questions: Lisa Clark - author of "Think Pink"

Toothpaste
01-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Hey guys! Okay after getting permission from the bigwigs here I am now posting this thread.

On Feb 1, I am hosting the author Lisa Clark on my blog. She is another author with my agency and a really sweet person. She writes non-fiction books for teen girls, dealing with everyday issues along with greater concepts like self-esteem. She was hoping she could do some sort of question and answer thingy on my blog, so what I thought was I would post here, you guys could ask questions of her, I could email them along to her and then on Feb 1 you can visit my blog to see the answers. I figure I'll collect questions till Friday so that she can have some time to answer them.

Sorry if I am not being clear, this is my first time doing something like this, and I just want to be a good host for her.

Here's some more info on her, and please feel free to visit her website, http://www.pink-world.co.uk, as well:

"Lisa Clark is author-girl of Think Pink (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Think-Pink-Lisa-Clark/dp/0007234015/sr=1-1/qid=1167828719/ref=sr_1_1/202-1480948-5676634?ie=UTF8&s=books), a brand new series of feel-good, go-for-it guides for teen girls, Iím an agony aunt for the fabulous Mizz magazine and Iím a freelance writer type tooÖ Iím also a dreamer, a wannabe 60ís icon, a ray of sunshine, a book-reader, a lover of beautifully packaged cosmetics, chocolate and most importantly, a girl who thinks seeing the world through pink-tinted shades is a more than do-able way to live lifeÖ

Yeah, but what exactly does she do?
You mean apart from drooling over stupidly expensive shoes and handbags? Well, Lisa is a:

Agony aunt for national teen magazine, Mizz (http://www.mizz.com/obj/index.php)
Teen consultant/expert for organisations, brands and charities
Freelance journo-girl who writes for magazines both in the UK and the US.
A weekly columnist for Portsmouth Evening News Ė Lily Líamorís Guide for Girls
A workshop facilitator - running workshops across the country encouraging tween and teen girls to become feisty, fun, fearless and fabulous!

Cat Scratch
01-22-2007, 10:26 PM
What sort of questions are you looking for? Questions on writing, or questions on teen angst? Who is your audience for this interview? Readers, or other writers?

K1P1
01-23-2007, 12:16 AM
When my 13YO daughter tells me about how none of the cool people at school even know she exists, what do I say?

Toothpaste
01-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Good question Cat Scratch. I think a combination of both would be great. I posted here cause I thought fellow writers might have some questions about her process etc, but I bet she wouldn't be adverse to questions about teens as well. I'll just compile the list and she'll answer as she sees fit I guess!

Toothpaste
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys for the help! I'm giving the questions to Lisa tonight, so today's everyone's last chance to ask something of her. . . come on guys . . .don't be shy!

Toothpaste
02-01-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to let people know that Lisa has answered all questions and you can check out what she has to say at my blog: www.ididntchoosethis.blogspot.com

She's been really comprehensive and detailed in her responses, and well, I am rather impressed to be honest! So, yeah!