Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Hey guys! Okay after getting permission from the bigwigs here I am now posting this thread.

On Feb 1, I am hosting the author Lisa Clark on my blog. She is another author with my agency and a really sweet person. She writes non-fiction books for teen girls, dealing with everyday issues along with greater concepts like self-esteem. She was hoping she could do some sort of question and answer thingy on my blog, so what I thought was I would post here, you guys could ask questions of her, I could email them along to her and then on Feb 1 you can visit my blog to see the answers. I figure I'll collect questions till Friday so that she can have some time to answer them.

Sorry if I am not being clear, this is my first time doing something like this, and I just want to be a good host for her.

Here's some more info on her, and please feel free to visit her website, http://www.pink-world.co.uk, as well:

"Lisa Clark is author-girl of Think Pink, a brand new series of feel-good, go-for-it guides for teen girls, I’m an agony aunt for the fabulous Mizz magazine and I’m a freelance writer type too… I’m also a dreamer, a wannabe 60’s icon, a ray of sunshine, a book-reader, a lover of beautifully packaged cosmetics, chocolate and most importantly, a girl who thinks seeing the world through pink-tinted shades is a more than do-able way to live life…

Yeah, but what exactly does she do?
You mean apart from drooling over stupidly expensive shoes and handbags? Well, Lisa is a:
  • Agony aunt for national teen magazine, Mizz
  • Teen consultant/expert for organisations, brands and charities
  • Freelance journo-girl who writes for magazines both in the UK and the US.
  • A weekly columnist for Portsmouth Evening News – Lily L’amor’s Guide for Girls
  • A workshop facilitator - running workshops across the country encouraging tween and teen girls to become feisty, fun, fearless and fabulous!

Last edited:

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
I have a question: What does she feel are good, authentic, accessible sources for YA fiction writers to be able to understand the teenage mind best? E.g., is Cosmo Girl really worthwhile reading? Any non-fic books (sounds like hers might be a good one to pick up!) :D

Rhonda

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Hey all I got a good question about my post about what sort of questions Lisa was looking for. Because I posted it here, I was thinking as writers people may have questions as to her process as a writer and stuff. But at the same time it is just fine to ask advice questions as well, as she is this agony aunt for teens. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

moondance

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, poor toothpaste!

Ok, here are some questions that might provide useful/interesting answers!

Describe your 'average' writing day
How did the 'Think Pink' series come about?
Why do you think so many teenagers have such low self-esteem?
Do you conduct research by talking to young people before you write the guides?
What are the most common problems that girls write to Mizz about?
What was your path into writing - did you train as a journalist?
Why did you set up the workshops and how do you run them - what do you hope girls will get out of them?
Do you have any other projects in the pipeline?
What are your short term and long term writing aims?

Toothpaste

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
Thanks guys for the help! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am sending Lisa the questions tonight, so today is your last chance . . .come on guys, don't be shy!

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Darn, I thought you said "Pink Think"...I don't have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.