William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=430389&in_page_id=1770

If you are feeling a little down then you can take solace in the thought that things are unlikely to get any worse.
Today, say experts, is the unhappiest day in the entire year.

Unpaid Christmas bills, nasty weather, and failed New Year's resolutions combine to make January 22 the gloomiest in the calendar.

Dr Cliff Arnall, a Cardiff University psychologist, devised the formula that shows today is the most depressing.

His equation takes into account six factors: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
my two year old who took a fall from the sofa tonight which ended with blood everywhere, and a visit to Urgent care for Dermabond glue, luckily it didn't require stitches...and now we're all set for this day to be dead and gone only to wake up to the most depressing day of the year? Oh joy.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
My yellow marker exploded all over the map I've been slaving over for the last hour. You bet it's a depressing day.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
First 24 minutes of it don't seem so bad.

Just sayin'...

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Cheers to Blue Monday!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
all days are the same
it's how you react to them that differs

dancingandflying

Is it tea time yet?
Registered
Reaction score
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
blue monday.
no matter which way i look at it, it's still a blue monday.

alice.

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
It's been a blue blue day
I feel like runnin' away
Feel like runnin' away from it all

Aren't the blues great?

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Thank God there are days like this that I can really enjoy!!!!

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
William Haskins said:
Dr Cliff Arnall, a Cardiff University psychologist, devised the formula that shows today is the most depressing.

His equation takes into account six factors: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing our new year’s resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action.

Really?
Hmm..::Weather. :e2bouncey Well, the sky is overcast, there is snow on the ground and it is dam* cold out there. But this is the first snow of the season, and it is covering up a lot of ugly crud out there. My car works, it has a heater, and so I am happy to see global warming take a vacation for a week or so..
Debt: WEll, I rid myself of the leach and I am watching my credit score start to climb. No credit cards and I am ahead on the mortgage and car payment :e2bear:
Time Since Christmas: Uh 28 days? Well I got the needles up off the floor, and everything is put away, and I started next year's list and savings for said list. Why would this depress me?
Time Since failing New Year's Resolutions: Well I always resolve to make my resolutions in June when the weather is warmer and I'm in a more positive mood, thus possessing more will power to keep the resolutions. Since I resolve daily to try to be less of a B**** (and I fail daily) I am never depressed about failing to keep resolutions.:e2cloud9:

Low motovational levels and a feeling of a need to take action:
I have a list. Things that need doing get things done to them.

Today I wrote a letter to someone who peeved me. Perhaps they'll move.
I also wrote a letter to someone who peeved my boss. We're waiting with bated breath for the wrong response.

So...sorry William...I'm quite perky today!

:banana:

A. Hamilton

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
for the record, it's just past noon and already the most creative day i've had in months.
again, cheers!
(ok ok i'm clinking a coffee mug not a wine glass)

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's true. It's true. I had a root canal this morning (not kidding). Then I slobbered my lunch down my shirt because my lips were numb. Now the numbness is gone, but the molested tooth is sore. Can't wait until tomorrow.

A. Hamilton

Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Shout it out Neuro.
(the stain that is)

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I didn’t have a hangover, worked out early this morning, got to work on time, dealt with the normal insane questions with a smile (okay, it was more like a ‘get the hell out of here’ smile) and got home early to relax. Not a bad Monday for me.

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
I guess that explains the seven phone calls from an inmate at a county detention facility...they were all from the same person and no I didn't pick them up.

It also explains my total failure to do anything productive despite my intense determination to get things done today.

But then, it's like that every Monday...no, not the multiple phone calls from an inmate part. For which I am quite thankful.

~DragonHeart~

Reaction score
William Haskins said:

It's still Jan 2nd, regardless of this hump's formula.

And if it happens to be today then I was only 20 days off and I didn't even have a formula or much time coming up with my thesis.

And today was pretty okay actually.

Thank you.