PDA

View Full Version : The Official Song of Writing

engmajor2005
01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen is, as far as I'm concerned, the official song of writing: enough writers have it on their playlists. While the Jeff Buckley cover seems to be the most popular (I'm a Rufus Wainwright cover advocated myself), I'm sure another band could do a great job.

Take your pick: there's mostly current alternative bands to choose from, but if Cobain was still alive...

Sean D. Schaffer
01-20-2007, 03:01 PM
I think the official writing song should be Hotel California, by the Eagles. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave... sounds a lot like my experience with the Craft.

victoriastrauss
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen is, as far as I'm concerned, the official song of writing: enough writers have it on their playlists.It has certainly become the official song of That Television Moment Where They Really Want to Tug at Your Heartstrings.

Sorry. I like the song, but IMO it's way over-used.

- Victoria

PeeDee
01-20-2007, 07:52 PM
I've only ever heard it on "Shrek," and then all the other versions of it that I went out and found on the internet. I love that song.

I've said it before: It's one of those songs where it tugs something in the back of my head and makes me want to write a story based on it...but I never do. All the story in the song, the song takes care of. It's a wonderful, moody song.

I despise those television momemts in which everything goes in slow motion, and people walk around and look at each other, and we hear some damn song that I didn't like in the first place during the '90's when it was released, and now I'm hearing it again and supposed to get emotional.

ChaosTitan
01-21-2007, 02:05 AM
It has certainly become the official song of That Television Moment Where They Really Want to Tug at Your Heartstrings.

After Shrek came out, I remember hearing it on three different TV shows in one year.