PDA

View Full Version : Inspire me in one sentence...

dyljos
01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Need inspiration for your novel? How about coming up with a sentence/phrase that inspires instantly?

Here's one:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world . Albert Einstein

NeuroFizz
01-19-2007, 07:04 PM
How about some Neuro-isms:

Writing is just remembering oneís dreams. And nightmares.

Writing and sex both serve dual rolesóprocreation and recreation.

The data of writing is life. Collect all you can.

When your pencil hits paper, donít steer it. Just hold on for dear life and try to stay within the margins.

Writing is done before a finger touches a single key. The computer just documents it.

The best way to achieve balance in life is to have a dog who adores you, and a cat who ignores you. If you donít like cats, save your rejection letters. (Blatant rip-off, modified by addition of the last sentence)

There is nothing so overrated as a first sexual experience, and nothing so underrated as the last sentence of a first draft. (This is a blatant rip-off: the second part of the original--and nothing so underrated as a good dump.)

Is spelling important? Those who donít know the difference between a burro and a burrow donít know the difference between an ass and a hole in the ground. (Not mine, source unknown)

Gillhoughly
01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Dear dyljos,

We regret to inform you that your bank accounts all show 0.00 funds.

Please contact us immediately.

Sincerely,

Your friendly banker.

IThinkICan29
01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Will the "inspire me in one sentence/twenty words/one hundred words or less" threads ever end?

NeuroFizz
01-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Should we turn away all new people and save AW for those who have been here and seen these things?

johnzakour
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Dear dyljos,

We regret to inform you that your bank accounts all show 0.00 funds.

Please contact us immediately.

Sincerely,

Your friendly banker.

That pretty much sums up my inspiration.

Judg
01-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Will the "inspire me in one sentence/twenty words/one hundred words or less" threads ever end?The solution is simple: don't read threads you're not interested in.

Your challenge: start an original, interesting, informative thread.

MidnightMuse
01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Inspirational sentence: "What if. . .?"

Inspiration killer: "That's just stupid."

Jamesaritchie
01-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Elizabeth Kostova receives two million dollar advance for her first book, THE HISTORIAN.

It's true, and this doesn't inspire new writers, I have no idea what might.

Petroglyph
01-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Your favorite author was once unpublished.

IThinkICan29
01-19-2007, 08:39 PM
The solution is simple: don't read threads you're not interested in.

Your challenge: start an original, interesting, informative thread.

Your sarcasm, I can appreciate. I love when people make funnies at my expense. It's your hypocrisy that baffles me.

CaroGirl
01-19-2007, 08:56 PM
You can't get published if you don't submit. You can submit if you don't write.

So get off the forum and go write something, durnit!!

Oh, wait, I'm here too. Um, nevermind.

Shadow_Ferret
01-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Show me the money.

kinda like Gillhoughly's, only shorter.

Judg
01-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Your sarcasm, I can appreciate. I love when people make funnies at my expense. It's your hypocrisy that baffles me.
???

I wasn't being sarcastic at all. And I honestly don't see how I'm being hypocritical.

I've seen a lot of forums over the years and there's always someone complaining about the content. And my answer is always the same: be a positive force for change. I also say it to myself quite frequently. I'm a perfectionist, and it's very easy to get into whiny, critical mode. That's not where I want to live. If I find myself there, I give myself the same challenge or one in the same spirit.

Atlantis
01-20-2007, 03:21 AM
Genius resides in the land of imagination.

TrainofThought
01-20-2007, 03:50 AM
If your butt cheeks arenít sweating it means youíre not sitting on your ass writing.

Writing is like sex, the more you do it the better you become, the more you imagine the better it feels and the more you learn the greater the victory.

PeeDee
01-20-2007, 04:04 AM
Here's my inspiration to get you to write.

Go write, or Pete will offer you violence.

Now, don't you feel productive? :D

dyljos
01-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Here's my inspiration to get you to write.

Go write, or Pete will offer you violence.

Now, don't you feel productive? :D

Being 6' 6" and cocksure.... nope! Try harder! ;)

PeeDee
01-20-2007, 04:20 AM
*ahem*

Go write, or Pete will put you in a prison shower and introduce you to Pants McGee and Soapy Malone.

There. Just for you.

*hmph*

dyljos
01-20-2007, 04:33 AM
*ahem*

Go write, or Pete will put you in a prison shower and introduce you to Pants McGee and Soapy Malone.

There. Just for you.

*hmph*
Much better...Must Dash, things to write about.... (cartoon dashing noise!):Hug2:

FreeStyle
05-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Regret hurts more than risk.