Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverhand

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ericfogle.com
Hey everyone,

My novel is only 4 weeks away from release. As such, I had my website www.ericfogle.com gutted and redone. I Know this isn't a SF/F writing topic...but was wondering if maybe some fantasy fans can tell me what they think?

Does it have class? Is it easy to navigate? Is it sharp? Does it make you want to delve deeper? etc etc

Any and all recommendations will help.

If this is the wrong forum, mods, feel free to move it to where it belongs. :)

Thanks

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
Eric the new site looks great--a significant improvement over the last one.

I have no problem leaving this notice here, because you're asking advice from Fantasy readers. However, when your book is actually out, you need to announce it in the Announcements, Events, and Self-Promotion forum.

Good luck with the book. :)

Euan H.

Unspeakable
Registered
Reaction score
Website
euanharvey.com
I have a dial-up connection, and some of the graphics took rather a long time to load. This also happened with the photos on your bio--you may want to think about shrinking the size of the files there.

jpsorrow

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sff.net
Eric, I thought the new site looks cool. I didn't see the old site, so can't compare, but this is very professional looking. It's easy to read (which with a black background can be a problem) and has lots of information and extras. That's what people go to writer websites for: the extras.

I do agree that the books page should contain the cover of the book or at least some other type of graphic. It's plain at the moment, and for websites you want some graphics if at all possible.

Good luck with the book release!

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Very nice. I've always preferred dark backgrounds myself, it's easier on the eyes. Navigation is easy, loads fast for me (cable internet but certain sites do have slow loading with no reasonable explanations). The style is nice too, not overpowering or gaudy. I also did not see the old site, but this one does look quite professional.

~DragonHeart~

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Other than the missing book covers others have mentioned, the site looks great, Eric. Good luck with the launch!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Site looks fine.

Is your book really called The Forge of the Gods? One of my favorite novels is called The Forge of God. It was so good, it scared me out of writing science fiction for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.