Daily Words Pledge Excuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Cat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
randomwriterlythoughts.blogspot.com
Come on, surely I'm not the only one failing to meet my daily quota!

My excuses are as follows:

1. Christmas. And all the busy-ness of the holiday season.

2. Pneumonia. Yeah, after spending 2 1/2 hours at the walk-in clinic on my birthday, the doctor gave me a prescription for antibiotics and a "get out of work free" note. I'm on the mend, but I think it's turning into bronchitis.

3. CrazyNance. She gave me the web site for Runescape. I'm down in the mines on Tutorial Island, trying to figure out how to forge a weapon.

Don't blame me if your book doesn't get edited Nance!

These are my excuses and I'm sticking to them. Anyone else out there ready to fess up?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised you didn't have AW on that list. It's definitely been my problem lately. Grrrrr.

other reasons I have:

Monday, Thursday and Sunday night television
my bed
beer
wine

:)

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I have been working my butt off and still coming to post a bit and work then post some more then go back to work. It's not hard if you have a few windows open. :) So I don't need an excuse I have been on task. ;)

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Pamster said:
I have been working my butt off and still coming to post a bit and work then post some more then go back to work. It's not hard if you have a few windows open. :) So I don't need an excuse I have been on task. ;)

This is why I prefer writing at home on my laptop, I have no internet connect on it. So its just me, ms word and my WIP. (what exactly is a WIP, I see it everywhere and I'm assuming I'm using it correctly).

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
A WIP is a work-in-progress, so you are using it correctly :)

I've been meeting my goal the past few days, but tonight I have a migraine headache, so I'm having trouble thinking clearly enough to write. (Which begs the question, if I have a migraine, why am I even on the computer...)

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
AW

Being pregnant

Being sore and tired from being pregnant

Internet in general

I'd think of more, but I have to pee... again.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I've basically changed how I write, so I don't have a daily word goal anymore.

Then there's the classic, ever-popular Internet forum called, you guessed it! AW!

Not that I'm complaining about AW, I just find I'm on it more than I should be.

Also, my typewriter cartridge is on its last legs, and I'm thinking I won't be able to buy another one for a few days. Typing on the computer is a pain in the neck, as well as a few other places I can think of, and my word processor is not what I thought it would be... although it does get the job done.

Further, I've been suffering depression lately, and anxiety attacks (loads of fun--I hope you never experience an anxiety attack). Although they're not reactions to my writing, I can guarantee you they've helped to hinder my writing these last few weeks.

Finally, I've not been reaching my daily word goal because I've been resting. Call it laziness if you want, but I've been resting my mind and body, trying to recuperate from having pushed myself way too hard last year. I would imagine the stress has done more than hurt my imagination, but if my mind is slowly degenerating because of this, I can imagine my whole body is suffering as well.

In any case, I've not been reaching my goals. Things could be worse, but they could also be better. I wish you all the best with your writing endeavors, and I'm off, pretty quick, to do some more writing--for once!

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Pamster said:
So I don't need an excuse I have been on task. ;)

Yeah, but excuses are more fun!

Hmm...

sinus infection
ice storm => not knowing if I'd have to go to work or not
going to work
NBA basketball
AW
AW writing challenges
other boards
new books ("Christmas presents!" "Any presents!")
sleep
budgeting
family dinner/movie nights
going out in the ice storm's aftermath searching for an open restaurant
a pushy little sister with a video game

...except none of those are any good, since I've been meeting my goal the last several days. I'll have to try harder (on my excuses). ;)

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Um, I'm revising my WIP and getting it ready to submit on Sunday. Is that an okay excuse for not hitting my weekly word pledge? If not, I'll blame it on red wine, Law & Order, and my work schedule. :D

Last edited:

ModoReese

Bang head here for service
Registered
Reaction score
Technical certifications coming up. Writing time has now become studying time. Reading time has now become studying time. Eating time has now become studying time. Sleeping time has now become.... you get the point.

The good news is something that I had to do to keep up with my current ho-hum job, may now actually open up a new job that involves curriculum writing! So the frustration of studying is a little lessened. For now.

Michelle

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
AW
Reading
Law and Order (any of them, there's always some version on)/House
Work

Status
Not open for further replies.