Not open for further replies.

willwrite4food

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.FinishedPages.com
the following two articles for iparenting Media:

Fruits or Veggies first?
Which did you offer your baby first? Why? Was it on the advice of your pediatrician? Do you think there's any truth to the fact that feeding a baby fruit first makes them less likely to like vegetables?

Stuffed Animals
Does your child have a beloved stuffed animal, teddy bear, lovey, etc ? How do you keep it clean? Many health professionals believe stuffed animals are germ and dust mite magnets. What is your reaction to that?

My deadline is Jan. 25.

Thanks!

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
As for keeping stuffed animals clean, the best way I have found to wash them is to put them in a pillowcase (white or one that is colorfast), tie it shut tight with a piece of cord, wash on permanent press or normal with a small load of white or colorfast laundry (a couple of towels are good) in a large volume of water, then dry in the dryer with the rest of the load of laundry on medium leaving the stuffed animal in the pillow case. The animals come out fluffy and clean. Only problem is if they are made of a fabric that runs and fades of if they are stuffed with something other than regular fiberfill and you get best results with one animal per pillow case.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Tish Davidson said:
As for keeping stuffed animals clean, the best way I have found to wash them is to put them in a pillowcase (white or one that is colorfast), tie it shut tight with a piece of cord, wash on permanent press or normal with a small load of white or colorfast laundry (a couple of towels are good) in a large volume of water, then dry in the dryer with the rest of the load of laundry on medium leaving the stuffed animal in the pillow case. The animals come out fluffy and clean. Only problem is if they are made of a fabric that runs and fades of if they are stuffed with something other than regular fiberfill and you get best results with one animal per pillow case.

I've heard of this method! My son has no favorite friend yet. He has many. One he takes to bed with him, and sometimes in the car for short rides may need to see a pillowcase soon.

Aesposito

Registered
Reaction score
willwrite4food said:
the following two articles for iparenting Media:

Fruits or Veggies first?
Which did you offer your baby first? Why? Was it on the advice of your pediatrician? Do you think there's any truth to the fact that feeding a baby fruit first makes them less likely to like vegetables?
Veggies first, because my pediatrician said so and because I was working for the American Academy of Pediatrics at the time and they said so too. But they all like vegetables anyway, because as they got older I offered them with every meal until they became so used to having them there, they just ate them. They are 6, 8 and 9 now, and all eat their veggies with minimum of fuss.

willwrite4food said:
Stuffed Animals
Does your child have a beloved stuffed animal, teddy bear, lovey, etc ? How do you keep it clean? Many health professionals believe stuffed animals are germ and dust mite magnets. What is your reaction to that?

Thanks!
All three of my kids had favorite stuffed animals (and one still does, a cow creatively named "moo-moo"). I tossed them into the wash with their clothes and that seemed to keep them clean just fine. Occasionally something would fall apart and I would throw it away. They'd get upset for a day or two, but then they would fixate on a new friend. I have no doubt that they are germ and dust magnets, but so are so many other things in my house (haha).

PM me for further info.....

Audrey

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wash my children's beloved stuffed animals with the regular laundry. From time to time I have to stitch up seams or sew on patches. They each have a special stuffed animal. Baa Baa is a lamb and Blue Bunny is...um...yeah.

I fed mine fruits first then vegetables shortly thereafter. They both eat veggies just fine.

Aesposito

Registered
Reaction score
Soccer Mom said:
I wash my children's beloved stuffed animals with the regular laundry. From time to time I have to stitch up seams or sew on patches. They each have a special stuffed animal. Baa Baa is a lamb and Blue Bunny is...um...yeah.

I think we need to hook up Baa Baa and Moo Moo...they might have a lot in common, LOL....

Audrey

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
Ibid Soccermom on the laundry. "Puppy" goes in the wash at least 4 times a year.
Fruits or vegetables, I think he had fruit first. I followed a chart the pediatrician gave me, but skipped some items (liver and prunes... why do that to a kid?)
The baby meat was very chalky and icky. The meat/vegetable mixtures were our preferred meals at the time.
Bananas are a big hit with most infants.

Status
Not open for further replies.