The Origin of Trout Bobbing

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
"Blue Collar" comedian Bill Engval hosts a show on CMT called Country Fried Home Videos. It's basically America's Funniest Home Videos with a Focus on the South. The show proves that, if nothing else, rednecks are creative.

And part of that creativity was displayed yesterday with the game of trout bobbing. It is exactly what it sounds like: an aquarium full of trout that a bunch of shirtless guys stick their head into and try to snag a fish with their teeth.

Despite being inhuman and cruel, the origin of this game is piece of humor writing waiting to happen.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I'm not impressed. If that was a real redneck show, they would be bobbing for catfish.

engmajor2005

Registered
Reaction score
Not only that, but said bobbers would all be cousins, and they would be trying to impress a girl named Ellie-Maye with their fish-bobbing skills.

And it just so happens that Ellie-Maye is also their cousin.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
And it would be more humane because they wouldn't have any teeth.

msQTpi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
TrailerParkGazette.bravehost.com
Hey! My toothless husband loves nothing better than "grabbling" --catching catfish with his bare hands.

The only way to make it more "sporting" would be to give the fish a handgun and teach them to use it.

Unfortunately fish are lousy students.

(I LOVE MY HUSBAND)