PDA

View Full Version : Biblical verse: Paint your roofs red...?

Lee G.
01-18-2007, 05:29 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a Biblical verse that goes something like: "Paint your roofs red so that the angel of Death shall pass you by." This is how I remember it at least, but I can't find the exact verse. I know it has to do with painting your roof red.... Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Sandi LeFaucheur
01-18-2007, 05:38 AM
I think you're thinking of the Passover account in Exodus 12. The Israelites were to slaughter a sheep and paint the doorposts and upper part of the door with its blood. Verse 13 says "and the blood must serve as your sign upon the houses where you are; and I must see the blood and pass over you, and the plague will not come on you as a ruination when I strike at the land of Egypt." The firstborn of the Egyptians died, but not of the Israelites.

Judg
01-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Nothing about painting roofs red, I'm afraid. I think Sandi has the reference you're looking for.

Aesposito
01-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Deuteronomy 22:8 When you build a new house, make a parapet around your roof so that you may not bring the guilt of bloodshed on your house if someone falls from the roof.

Although I think Sandi is more on the right track....

Audrey

Stressed
01-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Much less profound than the other replies here, I know, but by any chance, are you thinking of that Clint Eastwood western where they ‘paint the town red’ and rename it Hell… there are biblical references in it… Isn’t it called High Plains Drifter? If you find a review of it online or rent it, you might find a reference to the verse you‘re thinking of…