dyljos

Banned
Absolute Write Poet Laureate
Spammer
Reaction score
Website
www.storywar.com
Could you write a story in 5 sentences?
Reply to this thread with your 5 sentence stories or submit them to www.storywar.com before the end of the month. I'll enter them either way... could be fun, since people can then vote for the faves and see the best rise to the top of the chart...:welcome:

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Originally, I intended to come back to life. However, upon realization that it was raining, I decided I would wait awhile. At least until it clears up. The coffin, after all, is waterproof. I am not.

There you be.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I come back from the war and my wife has already remarried. She's become my sister-in-law. I want to strangle her, but I realize I have no arms. I have no body. And my tombstone says: Rick Solomon, 1982-2004.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I see the theme shall be "Dead People." :)

You know, it's not hard. After doing those writing restrictions for a week where I HAD to have five-sentence posts, this is chump change.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
The aardvark danced. He danced to the quasi cosmic sounds, and paused to reflect, regretting. And then he sang the song that brought the end of times.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I fled for my life as the avalanche roared its thunderous growl behind me. My lungs were stinging as the crisp, frigid air fought it's way through my nostrils and my muscles burned from over exertion. 'If I can just make it a little further- A little more- a little-'. My hopes were executed as I found myself enclosed in a dark, icy pocket that closely resembled a grave. The end is THAT bad, really....

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
It was almost too easy, Lisa thought, adjusting her white wedding dress and long veil. Bob's first wife had been declared dead years ago, victim of an accident in the mountains somewhere. She had taken the secrets of Bob's flawed character with her, but had left her family's fortune intact. Lisa smiled, thinking of all the things a bride thinks of on her wedding day: plastic surgery, muderous husbands, second chances. She was ready to say "I do" to Bob - again.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
He came. He saw. His was about to hit his wife when the car ate him. Not a thing left except for a penny on the ground, and she promptly put it in the jar marked for "gas."

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Sentences

Kate Thornton said:
Five sentences is way too long for me. I prefer *short* fiction!

If you're William Faulkner, five sentences can mean fifty pages.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Wheras Ernest Hemingway would somehow managed, in his genius, to do five sentences using only three and a quarter words.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Carlene said:
Wasn't it Hemingway who wrote the shortest story ever?

For sale, baby shoes, never worn.

There's a whole page of those, over at Wired.com (somewhere.) Neil Gaiman's, for example, was "I'm dead. I've missed you. Kiss...?"

readlorey

There may be bloodshed...just sayin
Registered
Reaction score
My ex-husband died yesterday morning of a massive heart attack. He was only 55 and would have been 56 August 10, 2007. He was the father of my children and the man I fell in love with at 19. We divorced in 1985. How am I supposed to feel about this?

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
She may have been pretty at one time, perhaps she still was. There was no way to tell through the layers of grime that now covered her. The guards didn't mind. She was everthing they wanted her to be. She was theirs.