PDA

View Full Version : A story in 5 sentences?

dyljos
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Could you write a story in 5 sentences?
Reply to this thread with your 5 sentence stories or submit them to www.storywar.com (http://www.storywar.com) before the end of the month. I'll enter them either way... could be fun, since people can then vote for the faves and see the best rise to the top of the chart...:welcome:

Kate Thornton
01-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Five sentences is way too long for me. I prefer *short* fiction!

PeeDee
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally, I intended to come back to life. However, upon realization that it was raining, I decided I would wait awhile. At least until it clears up. The coffin, after all, is waterproof. I am not.

There you be.

maestrowork
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
I come back from the war and my wife has already remarried. She's become my sister-in-law. I want to strangle her, but I realize I have no arms. I have no body. And my tombstone says: Rick Solomon, 1982-2004.

PeeDee
01-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I see the theme shall be "Dead People." :)

You know, it's not hard. After doing those writing restrictions for a week where I HAD to have five-sentence posts, this is chump change.

Bartholomew
01-18-2007, 01:04 AM
The aardvark danced. He danced to the quasi cosmic sounds, and paused to reflect, regretting. And then he sang the song that brought the end of times.

TsukiRyoko
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
I fled for my life as the avalanche roared its thunderous growl behind me. My lungs were stinging as the crisp, frigid air fought it's way through my nostrils and my muscles burned from over exertion. 'If I can just make it a little further- A little more- a little-'. My hopes were executed as I found myself enclosed in a dark, icy pocket that closely resembled a grave. The end is THAT bad, really....

Kate Thornton
01-18-2007, 01:15 AM
It was almost too easy, Lisa thought, adjusting her white wedding dress and long veil. Bob's first wife had been declared dead years ago, victim of an accident in the mountains somewhere. She had taken the secrets of Bob's flawed character with her, but had left her family's fortune intact. Lisa smiled, thinking of all the things a bride thinks of on her wedding day: plastic surgery, muderous husbands, second chances. She was ready to say "I do" to Bob - again.

maestrowork
01-18-2007, 01:49 AM
He came. He saw. His was about to hit his wife when the car ate him. Not a thing left except for a penny on the ground, and she promptly put it in the jar marked for "gas."

stormie
01-18-2007, 01:58 AM
A minty smell came from the top freezer compartment of the refrigerator. Dead bodies don't smell minty, I thought. I opened the freezer door. Out rolled a full bottle of peppermint schnapps. Hit me in the head and now there is a dead body that smells of mint. :D

Jamesaritchie
01-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Five sentences is way too long for me. I prefer *short* fiction!

If you're William Faulkner, five sentences can mean fifty pages.

PeeDee
01-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Wheras Ernest Hemingway would somehow managed, in his genius, to do five sentences using only three and a quarter words.

Carlene
01-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Wasn't it Hemingway who wrote the shortest story ever?

For sale, baby shoes, never worn.

PeeDee
01-18-2007, 03:28 AM
Wasn't it Hemingway who wrote the shortest story ever?

For sale, baby shoes, never worn.

There's a whole page of those, over at Wired.com (somewhere.) Neil Gaiman's, for example, was "I'm dead. I've missed you. Kiss...?"

readlorey
01-18-2007, 03:45 AM
My ex-husband died yesterday morning of a massive heart attack. He was only 55 and would have been 56 August 10, 2007. He was the father of my children and the man I fell in love with at 19. We divorced in 1985. How am I supposed to feel about this?

maestrowork
01-18-2007, 04:04 AM
Water. Fire. Earth. Wind. The end is here.

emeraldcite
01-18-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm sending this over to games. Good luck all!

RJLeahy
01-18-2007, 08:30 PM
She may have been pretty at one time, perhaps she still was. There was no way to tell through the layers of grime that now covered her. The guards didn't mind. She was everthing they wanted her to be. She was theirs.

SarahinOhio
01-19-2007, 12:54 AM
He saw her coming down the aisle. He tried to smile. She winked, and swept past. The door opened, and the Wedding March began. He tried to smile.