Shortlisted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flapdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
For the umpteenth time this year, I got shortlisted, then rejected... After a long wait. This was for a 25,000 word novella. They rejected it nicely (A month after telling me it was shortlisted)... I'm a bit fed up with this. I keep getting on these "shortlists"... Then get rejected. I think I'd rather just get rejected straight off!

Tia Nevitt

Anywhere but here, anywhen but now
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tianevitt.com
But then you wouldn't have the satisfaction of knowing that your writing is at least getting somewhere. I'd say you are close if you are getting shortlisted "umpteen" times.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry, please keep trying. You'll get there!

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance Flapdoodle, but what does shortlisted mean? I'm sorry you got rejected again, I know it's frustrating, but you just have to keep on submitting. I feel for you though, it's not reasy to deal with constant rejections, but at least you're submitting it right? :)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, if you keep at it one of those short lists has to pay off eventually. Stay with it!

Flapdoodle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Pamster said:
Forgive my ignorance Flapdoodle, but what does shortlisted mean? I'm sorry you got rejected again, I know it's frustrating, but you just have to keep on submitting. I feel for you though, it's not reasy to deal with constant rejections, but at least you're submitting it right? :)

I don't know what it means - but in all cases i got either an e-mail saying "it's been shortlisted for inclusion" before getting a final rejection, or got a rejection that said "this was put on the shortlist for the final selection"...

johnzakour

Dangerous with a Keyboard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.johnzakour.com
It's part of the process, it's a good sign and means you're close.

Back in the old days (the 80s) when I was doing cartoons Saturday Evening Post shortlisted then rejected me for about a year before they finally starting accepting me. It was almost like a test of endurance. Once I passed that test they started accepting me. (They even accepted one they had previously short-listed.)

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Shortlisting

It's the same thing as making a cut. You start out with a bunch of manuscripts, cut the number down, and sometimes cut it down yet again. Those remaining are the shortlist. It's a very good thing, and usually means you star is starting to shine.

It's also frustrating as hell when you keep making shortlists and don't make the final cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.