The body in the garden

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
So, you wake up one morning, yawn, stretch, stumble downstairs and make coffee. After you have a few sip and top up the mug, you stroll outside to maybe read the paper and enjoy the morning. But surprise, there's a fresh corpse lying next to your bird bath. You take a good look--you're a mystery/thriller writer, damnit, and this is research--and discover it's someone from your past that you despised.

How would you dispose of the body?

You can't go to the police.

(No this didn't happen to me, it's just a fun what-if game)

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
I'd carefully dump the body in the backyard of the person I despised secondmost. hahaha

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The deep freeze in the garage, you know the one with the padlock.
Just until you can do some detective work to clear your name...of course that won't help getting socked with another crime of violating a corpse :D

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of two ways, but a truck is needed for both.

The first is to take the pick up to to a gardening centre and buy a tree in a large pot, take it to the back yard remove the tree, and plant it and stuff the body in the now empty pot and put it in the truck drive to a secluded spot to dump. Return pot to the gardening store.

For the second scenerio I would take my pick up truck to the gardening store and get a large order of sod - too much for my back yard. I would park the truck in front of my house and make a point of having the neighbours see me using a wheeled hand cart to tote the sod to the back unrolling a couple of sod rolls onto the body and when it got dark I would tuck the body onto the cart, arrange the sod around it and put it back on the truck and then drive to a deserted area and dump it. That evening if it's open or the next day I would return the unused sod back to the gardening centre.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Woodchipper and then compost heap and then a spring bed. Bonemeal is wonderful for bulbs.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you really have to get rid of it permanently? I could do that, leaving no evidence - but if you regret it later, or need it for some investigation, you'd be up poo-poo creek sans paddle.

Kate Thornton

Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katethornton.net
I'd call the homicide detective from my past and he'd get it to the morgue while we figured out who dunnit and who's tried to frame me. Romance optional.

If real disposal was in the cards, then it would be the lime pit out back. I'm surprised the body didn't just naturally roll into it...

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
O-o-o-o-o, you're some scary people! No wonder I like all you twisted folks so much :D

Here's what I'd do, four words: BBQ and Block party. Yes, I like my neighbors that much.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
MidnightMuse said:
Do you really have to get rid of it permanently? I could do that, leaving no evidence - but if you regret it later, or need it for some investigation, you'd be up poo-poo creek sans paddle.

Hmm...yes, you have to get rid of it permanently. Let's not worry about the poo-poo creek :D

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Feed it to the cats. They'll eat anything. (They've tried eating me before!!)

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Uh, hello, QANTAS? Cancel that flight to Texas."

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
"Uh, hello, QANTAS? Cancel that flight to Texas."

Just say "no" to the long pork and you'll be fine :D I'll save you a piece of chicken.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
I'd chop the body into pieces, then cook some up for breakfast. The rest would be kept in the fridge to freeze, until the next time i got hungry :D It's tasty meat, you know. Might as well make the most of it :)

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Hmm...yes, you have to get rid of it permanently. Let's not worry about the poo-poo creek :D

Find yourself a sewage lift station (do you know what they look like?) and see if it has a channel running to the little building with a grate over it (the channel, not the little building). Lift the grate, do you see large, thick, turning metal wheels with spokes? If you do, put the body into that channel - best if you cut it into smaller pieces first. Hack off the limbs and head, maybe cut the torso in half.

Toss it all into that channel, one big piece at a time. Nothing but reddish brown water will come out the other side.

(that metal machinery is called a Muffin Monster)

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
I would go to the police. Why wouldn't I? You have to give me some reason.

(Actually, I'm saying this because in my WIP I have an MC who gets involved in a government investigation, but I have yet to find a reason why they would let her. Glaring plot hole. So, tell me, Why couldn't I just call the police? I can think of a few reasons: You ran the campaign for the Sheriff's opponent in the last election, and your candidate nearly won, if the Sheriff hadn't stuffed the ballot box. You could never prove it, because he a. blackmailed someone or b. burned the evidence. So now he has it out for you. In fact, he may have even planted the body!)

Fun!

ltd.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Some of your solutions are SO gross. Where's the bottle of Chianti? It's amazing how many disposed bodies get discovered when there are so many places nobody looks.

Even if you think you see something peeking through the bushes - a scrap of cloth, a lump in the fallen leaves - you don't want to know, so you don't look closer.

A woman disappeared from a local pub years ago. The number one suspect killed himself. The woman's body still hasn't been found.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
limitedtimeauthor said:
I would go to the police. Why wouldn't I? You have to give me some reason.

Because it's my little game and I said so. :)

(Good luck with your WIP)

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Going to the police is for people who can't think as creatively as we all can :D

TigerFire

Registered
Reaction score
First, I will look around and see if any of my neighbors spotted the body. If nobody is looking then, if it's somebody I really despised I might walk over to the body and kick him a few times, just for the heck of it. Then move it to the ditch on the main road. Then I would go back to bed and let somebody else find the body and call the police. :)