Just a Big Ole' Thank You to You (copied and bumped up to the front)

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I believe this should be passed on to the next person here. We need to remind ourselves of what's important, and in my opinion it's Jenna, Mac, Dawno, ChuckyC, Mike, Ray, Birol (Lori), Poet, Haskins, and a host of folks who have helped to keep AW afloat for so long.

The mods can close this thread, if they like, but they can never close the warmth and kindness that we've shared for so long. So, if Jenna decides to lock this thread then I think my re-post falls to the next person in line.

Thanks Jenna! We love ya!

-----

Just a Big Ole' Thank You to You
I still take it personally when people criticize AW... I've always felt very protective of the people here and our sense of community. I have learned through the years that the vast majority of members here are good-hearted and helpful. When one of us is in trouble, there are always going to be a whole bunch of hands reaching over to lift that person up. When one of us has success, sure the rest of us may feel some jealousy, but we're also genuinely happy for that person and great at celebrating others' achievements and supporting them.

People here have volunteered their time in all sorts of ways, donated to help with the costs of the site, kept the mods' morale up at times when you didn't even know our morale needed lifting...

Mine needed some lifting today and it's all fixed now, thanks. ;) You are amazing at saying the right things at the right times, then sending me into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

There are always going to be some people who live to complain or go through life with a grand sense of entitlement and superiority. There will be people who seek out new ways to be offended-- and people who seek out buttons to push because they find pleasure in hurting others. There will be people who lie for attention and start rumors for their own benefit. People who pretend to be people they're not. People who will seek to criticize anything that's "popular" or successful or well-loved. People who writhe with jealousy when they can't be the most important person in a room.

And if there were no "you" to balance that out, well... it would stink. You're my reality check. (I know, frightening!)

So, thanks for all you do to remind us not to let stuff get to us, and to prove again what a great community this is. These past few months, we've seen an influx of new members who've quickly become part of the "family" and obviously care about this place... I want to say thanks both to them and to the older members who tend to take people under their wings and help them feel welcome. I appreciate it very much.

And before I get any sappier, I'm just going to close this thread where it is. :)

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
Now that I can comment, I just want to say that you can't spell awwwww, without AW.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
It's true, AW is not only addcting, but wonderful for the soul. I've received more support, not only with my writing but in numerous aspects of my life, from the community here than anywhere else.

Whenever the day is going ultra shitty, I know it won't last more than 5 minutes after I get on AW.

When I get the money, I'm taking you all to the Bahamas. You deserve it, damn it.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
When Tsuki puts down the knife and wipes the froth off her lips, I'll say I love her too. Right now she's Scary Spice.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I loves you more...
hugs kimmi

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Hope you is feeling better tonight Jenna. Try sleeping on your side, if you don't mind staring at Anthony all night. :D

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Wow, that was beautiful. It didn't take long for me to develop loads of affection for all of you. You all brighten my day, and prevent me from writing as much as I should! Just kidding. You're all inspiring, and it's heartening to know that there are twelve thousand other writers out there going through the same crap I am.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Oh, Gods! Help me! Where's JayC (who IS on my team because she's my sister!)? Where's Unique!?! (I need you, lady!) Aadams73? Where, oh where, are y'all? Help!

I want to whup these nincompoops and festoon the stadium with cat hair! Rah!

NOW back over to the Royalty Thread!

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My home away from home in my home, but I never remember my pass word when I leave.

I wish the whole world would be more like AW. If you can't get into this place, you don't belong here.

Much love to Jenna, Mac and the mods.

PS. When I grow up I wanna be a mod. :D

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
*sniff* I just love you all too in a strictly non-pervy kind of way.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
TsukiRyoko said:
*picks teeth with knife* What was that, Clary? You mumble so much I can barely hear you half the time...

YOU ATE MY LIPS. HOW THE HELL AM I *SUPPOSED* TO TALK?!?!

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
aadams73 said:
*sniff* I just love you all too in a strictly non-pervy kind of way.

I love your bunny in the other way.
:e2bouncey

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
The love goes to Mac for taking the reins from Jenna. And keeping AW going. Was the horse analogy intentional? Duh!

And Lori, the meanest, scariest one of 'em all!

Fahim, techno genius.

Frank, the Fish Whisperer.

And the rest of those mod folks :D

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, I feel the same way as everyone. AWer's are more than members, they're my 2nd family and I'd be lost if I didn't have you guys to have fun with all day. Oh, right, and also discuss writing.:) Thanks so much to Mac, Jenna and all the mods. and everyone who gives their time so freely to help.