PDA

View Full Version : What type of clients do you work with?

jmousseau
01-11-2007, 03:25 AM
I just was curious what type of projects people do -- whether it's writing that novel, SEO, editing, copywriting, etc. I was curious about others.

Here's your chance to flaunt and brag people. :)
Post some links to stuff you've done AND/OR your business website.
Give it to me; I want to know what keeps you busy.

Tiger
01-11-2007, 03:36 AM
I write marketing materials. I also write stories for publication in a teen magazine--mostly about education and careers.

ChunkyC
01-11-2007, 04:08 AM
I have a more-than-full-time day job.

I write a weekly movie review column for my local paper.

I work part-time for AW.

I also write fiction; short stories and novels. I'm currently working on my third and fourth novels and looking for an agent.

underthecity
01-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I have three regional history books published (see signature line).

I write periodically for Radio Magazine, a radio trade magazine. See my latest article here (http://beradio.com/features/radio_night_brant_rock/). I am getting ready to write another one, as soon as the interview questions are answered.

I do freelance copywriting, including a piece I ghostwrote for a PR firm that services a particular broadcast equipment company.

I'm revising a novel and hoping to write another nonfiction book soon.

And work a full time job wiring big machines.

allen

johnzakour
01-11-2007, 07:32 AM
I write humorous, pulp SF, PI novels. It's a niche, but I like it.

PeeDee
01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
I invented the written word.

After the Printing Press, though, I've been taking it easy. I let Al Gore do the internet, for example.

I'm thinking about coming back with a book juicing machine. Drink your literature!

katiemac
01-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Among other things, I have a short-term gig editing and scoring English translations of Arabic and Chinese news transcripts.

Toothpaste
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Woah Katiemac, cool!

I've written plays and produced them myself (though never acted in them, I just can't direct myself. Kenneth Branagh I am not). However I am now evidentally a children's novelist (middle grade) and am being published in the fall. How did that happen?

Oh and I also invented the question mark.

K1P1
01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I write grant proposals, reports, outreach materials and PR materials at my part time day job.

I write knitting techniquel articles on a regular basis for Knit 'n Style magazine.

I write all the course materials for my freelance teaching (knitting workshops).

I write knitting books (next is due August 31 so why am I hanging around AW?)

Meerkat
01-11-2007, 10:21 PM
Clients....clients? HOLY SMOKES--gotta go!

And thanks,
Bye!!

PeeDee
01-11-2007, 10:22 PM
In my Lumberjack In Stretchy Pants capacity, I'm afraid I can't talk about my clients. Sorry.

Kate Thornton
01-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I write short stories for mystery & science fiction venues.

During the day, I'm an engineer in the military-industrial complex. It's that complex right over there with all the gunfire and trash on the lawn.

Any "clients" I might have are just between me and the IRS. And the other hot mammas.

johnzakour
01-11-2007, 10:59 PM
I write grant proposals, reports, outreach materials and PR materials at my part time day job.

I write knitting techniquel articles on a regular basis for Knit 'n Style magazine.

I write all the course materials for my freelance teaching (knitting workshops).

I write knitting books (next is due August 31 so why am I hanging around AW?)

Wow, looks like you've got the knitting market really sewn up. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

PeeDee
01-11-2007, 11:00 PM
That was a great joke, it had me in stitches!

:D

johnzakour
01-11-2007, 11:11 PM
That was a great joke, it had me in stitches!

:D

That's nothing you should see me spin yarn.... ;-)

You can tell I'm also a humor writer with literally thousands of sales.

Meerkat
01-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I'm starting to hate this thread...

PeeDee
01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
It *is* getting a little boring, I'm a frayed.

johnzakour
01-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Give it to me; I want to know what keeps you busy.

As you can see, most of us keep busy by needling each other....

You can go to johnzakour.com to see some of the writing I get paid for.

PeeDee
01-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Sounds like we're cut from the same cloth, John.

jmousseau
01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
How discouraging, I was trying to do something interesting and different than the rest and people have to be negative. Really discouraging when I'm new on this board.

Kate Thornton
01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Lol! You gotta know that's what will happen here - no one is being negative, though, they are just being playful.

I guess most of us have already bragged about our accomplishments already in other threads and pretty much now stick to discussing current works in progress.

Don't be discouraged - join in the fun! Hey - tell us all what *YOU* do!

johnzakour
01-12-2007, 05:50 AM
How discouraging, I was trying to do something interesting and different than the rest and people have to be negative. Really discouraging when I'm new on this board.

Yep, sorry, really wasn't trying to be negative. You asked what we wrote and I kind of showed you. I started out as a gag writer. (I never said they were all GOOD gags.)

jmousseau
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Yep, sorry, really wasn't trying to be negative. You asked what we wrote and I kind of showed you. I started out as a gag writer. (I never said they were all GOOD gags.)

It's understandable.... I just was genuinely interested in what people work on. I do work with marketing companies and websites from sales letters to press releases to profiles and copywriting to just plain articles, you name it I do it. I also do a lot of magazine work as well and query everyone. But that's just me...it's interesting to be in a community and see where people's backgrounds come from --- since I don't know you all. Then when I read your responses I can have more of an idea where this knowledge is coming from.

Kate Thornton
01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
But that's just me...it's interesting to be in a community and see where people's backgrounds come from --- since I don't know you all. Then when I read your responses I can have more of an idea where this knowledge is coming from.

Please check out my website - and my blog, which is writing-related.

We fiction writers are a different lot!

PeeDee
01-12-2007, 08:06 PM
No one was being mean at all. The question was answered. Good humor was had. (Well, at any rate, humor was had.)

THis is the second time I've been called negative this week. A guy could start to get irritated by that. Except that I haven't any negative vibes to use to get irritated, so I guess I'm out of luck.

There's an AW Library thread around here somewhere (I don't remember where anymore.) You might check that out. It has quite a number of people listed an d what they've done with themselves.

As for me:

What I'm doing right now is, I'm assistant editor with BBT Magazine. I'm sending out a novel (it's a fiction novel. Yes.) As well as a handful of short stories that are making rounds.

I am, starting this summer, going to be writing a serial story that will be released in chapbooks to people who subscribe to it. Possibly also audio format. It will be fifty parts (!) long. Mostly, that's the project that's occupied my time at the moment.