How many of us & where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
I remember there being some supplementary site which contained a map of the globe, and which displayed the various members and their location on that map.

Any one here able to let us know in actual numbers, how many members there are, and their respective geographical locations? eg. numbers per continent.

Thanks.

ATP

Registered
Reaction score
Ah! an attempted joke - sorry, no time for jokes today.

I had asked this question in all seriousness - perhaps someone else in the upper echelons might be able to assist?

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I remember what you're talking about, ATP, but I don't have the link. That was a long time ago. Members had to add themselves to be inlcuded, so it was not a complete list.

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

You can see the number of registered members on the page of the forum, near the bottom. I remember the page in question, and, as Birol says, it was something members chose to reveal or not.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ATP said:
Ah! an attempted joke - sorry, no time for jokes today.

I had asked this question in all seriousness - perhaps someone else in the upper echelons might be able to assist?
And, yet, you had time to start a thread and wait for whoever might respond.

What's wrong with a simple joke? There's always time for civility; no need to put people down.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Last edited:

ATP

Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
I remember what you're talking about, ATP, but I don't have the link. That was a long time ago. Members had to add themselves to be inlcuded, so it was not a complete list.

Yes. In any case, would you have any idea of approximate numbers of members and distribution according to continent?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Then again, when I goto that link although I see some recognizable member pics, I also get "image unavailable" errors on the map. Weird.

Edit: map displays much better in Firefox than IE6 via AOL.

Frogs, monkeys, babies, aliens, giant eyeballs... yup, must be the AW crowd.

-Derek

Last edited:

Deleted member 42

ATP said:
Yes. In any case, would you have any idea of approximate numbers of members and distribution according to continent?

The number of members is public; look at the top page at the bottom, where it says Absolute Write Water Cooler Statistics:
Threads: 44,183, Posts: 992,029, Members: 12,743

I'm going to give you two answers.

1. The data we have is based on members who volunteer data. IPs are meaningless.

2. It's going to be the same as the Web as a whole; this is a generally known thing with Net dynamic and social networking research; at about 8K users mimic the Net in terms of geographic location and OS; they are not predictable in terms of age, but are predicatable in terms of sex. In other words, mostly North America, with U.S. dominating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
ATP said:

Medievalist has already given a far better answer than I could, but why are you looking for this info?

Status
Not open for further replies.