Anansi Boys

wmd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writingsofmassdestruction.blogspot.com
I am currently reading Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman and it is awesome.

I love Gaiman's style of writing and I think he is an incredible mind. What do you guys think of this book, and his other works?

Dont give away too many spoilers of the book, because I am only half way through it right now.

jbal

Registered
Reaction score
I've only read the first part of this, the exerpt that appears in my edition of Smoke and Mirrors. Excellent hook though.

As a side note, I just started reading Gaiman's stuff. He has a short story retelling Snow White with SW as a vampire and the prince as a necrophiliac. Brilliant, just brilliant. "We can get them for you Wholesale" is a great one too. But I didn't particularly like Neverwhere, so I'm taking it slow.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished reading Anansi Boys for the first time and all I can say is "wow!" I loved it so much that I want to give everyone I know a copy(along with Christopher Moore's "Lamb.")

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
I love Neil Gaiman. If you haven't read American Gods yet, read that as soon as you finish Anansi Boys. Stardust is wonderful too.

I've just introduced my kids to The Day I Swapped My Father for Two Goldfish. It's our new favorite bedtime story.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I absolutely love Stardust, and can't wait for the movie later this year. I've got American Gods and Neverwhere on the way from Amazon as we speak (er...write?)