Buffy's Fan Club -- Scoobies Welcome!

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna's Veronica Mars thread prompted me to take a good old trip down memory lane. Vampires! Ghouls! Teen drama! OH MY!!!! :) It was all part of a wonderful little series known as "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" and it, along with its spinoff, "Angel," turned into my favorite TV show. EVER.

So....with that in mind, I thought it only fitting that we have a proper place to discuss the show. Who are your favorite characters? What's your favorite episode? Should Buffy have chosen Spike or Angel?

You get the idea...talk away! Please leave your vampire stakes at the door, though. ;)

farfromfearless

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.farfromfearless.com
I loved the whole story arch up until Buffy was forced to kill angel and Gile's love interest was murdered (not in that order). Though, there was some good episodes after that, esp. the alternate Sunnydale - I loved that one. Spike and Drew were my fave baddies, and so was the mayor.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Kate Thornton said:
Everyone should choose Spike! Yummy!!!

I very agree.

And Anya ("I dislike that Anya. She's newly human and strangely literal") was my second-favorite character ever on any TV series. Maybe she even ties for first. Wonderfully written, superbly acted.

Angel took a little longer to rev up, but I wound up loving it very, very much, too. (Especially once Spike showed up.)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Shouldn't y'all be, like, writing?

I mean, I like TV too, but you don't see me yapping about how funny it was when BJ filled up Frank's bomb-shelter pit with water and then had Sidney yell "Air raid!" do you?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Buffy and Angel reruns are on daily on the UK sat channels, great season arcs, character arcs, dialogue.

Bunnies ain't as cute as everybody supposes! Best TV musical ever.

-Derek

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I'm a 24 year old heterosexual male, I work in construction and like to consider myself a pretty masculine guy. Unfortunately, I do love me some Buffy. I like to think it's not because I enjoy watching the social drama of a teenage girl but how incredibly awesome Joss Whedon is. That show had some of the best character banter of any show on TV. Second only to Firefly, of course.

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
Over the course of the Angel and Buffy my favourite character has to be Wesley. He always wanted to do the right thing and changed alot over a few years.

Anya was great. I weaped copious amounts when such-and-such happened.

What i really liked about the show was the way Whedon was able to spin epic tragedies into a comedy with touching characters in everyday settings. I'm watching some right now.

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Agreed re Wesley, it's a hoot seeing him wimpily trying to train Faith in Buffy S2 then watching him beat the crap out of anyone who gets in his way in Angel S5. Nobody kicks sand in Wesley's face any more! Except, occasionally, Angel.

Agreed also re dialogue in Buffy, Angel and Firefly, I included links to the transcripts in the screenwriting tips thread for a damn good reason! :)

-Derek

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Look at you, being all mod-squady and all. You go, Ghoul!

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Feel free to imagine what it's like to wear my official Mod Squad coarse hairy panties, d. Mmm, sensational.

-Derek

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Buffy's sidekicks were known as the Scoobies, after Scooby Doo.

-Derek

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
farfromfearless said:
I loved the whole story arch up until Buffy was forced to kill angel and Gile's love interest was murdered (not in that order).

Are you high?

That was some of the best writing of the entire series.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
truelyana said:
Oooooh yey :)

I'm an old Buffy fan lol

I designed a website once, specifically for Buffy fans :) Don't have it anymore though

P.S-Whats a scobbie?

Must not have been a very good website for Buffy fans if you didn't know that Willow, Xander, Cordelia, and Giles were known as "The Scoobies" (from season 1 throughout the series).

This thread gives me the wigguns.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
DrSpork said:
Must not have been a very good website for Buffy fans if you didn't know that Willow, Xander, Cordelia, and Giles were known as "The Scoobies" (from season 1 throughout the series).

This thread gives me the wigguns.

Lol, probably not a fan in the word

I used to watch the show but, i did not pay considerate amount attention to every word they said

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Nightmare scenario: Buffy, Faith, Cordy, Willow* and Anya each invite you back to their place for a hot night's entertainment! Who would you choose?!

*Halloween Willow.

Uh, ladies, make up your own lists.

-Derek

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
dpaterso said:
Nightmare scenario: Buffy, Faith, Cordy, Willow* and Anya each invite you back to their place for a hot night's entertainment! Who would you choose?!

*Halloween Willow.

Uh, ladies, make up your own lists.

-Derek

Faith, then Buffy, then Faith AND Buffy.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
I am such a Buffy dork! Remember that show Beat the Geeks? I used to think I could go on that show and devestate the competition with my Buffy and Angel knowledge.

I loved Giles, Spike, Anya, Mayor Wilkins who was a father figure to Faith, and Andrew. His particular character amused the heck out of me in the last season.

I own all seven seasons of Buffy on DVD...going to start on Angel soon.

Yes, I too cried when that stuff happened with Spike and Anya....

I even sobbed like a wee child in the last episode of Angel with Wesley and Illyria.

Fred and Lorne were two of my favs on Angel.