Military Dogs During Korean War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
I know that dogs were used in the DMZ during the Korean War because I once talked to a veterinarian who was in the Army and responsible for caring for them, but I haven't been able to find out much about this program or whether dogs were also used in Vietnam and later wars. Anyone have any leads of links to this sort of information?

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Just by typing in google, "Dogs in War" a lot of sites came up. You might also try typing K-9 I believe that was also a military corps.

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
A wonderful website and if you didn't see the TV show, try to find it. It will rip your emotions.

http://www.war-dogs.com/

P.S. I was stationed at a missile site in Germany that was guarded by dogs. I got to know one of the handlers quite well and we talked often. He always said he was getting out after his enlistment was up, but when he learned that his dog would be destroyed, he re-enlisted. Military dogs and their handlers were very close.

Last edited:

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much. The site is great. For some reason "Dogs of War" just neveer occurred to me. I kept trying to Google more specific combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.