What one exciting thing has happened to you since the start of '07?

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all,

Gotta ask and find how that something exciting happened to you since January l, 2007. It can be writing-related or other. Hope something super!

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Well nothing exciting has happened yet, but I have made plans for something that is SO exciting!

I've decided that, one day, whether it be next year or sometime in the next twenty years, I'm going to cross the North Atlantic on a ship. Southampton to New York - 5 fabulous days at sea! For those not into ships, it's probably not very exciting. But I love ships and this has to be the ultimate shipping adventure (other than an around the world cruise, but I could never afford that!)

So first I have to fly across the world to get on a ship to sail across an ocean, and then fly back across the world to get home! But what fun hey!

Now that I've put it into words, it makes it seem a bit more definite. This is one of my life goals. Now I've told you all about it, I'm just going to have to do it!

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
That sounds wonderful, Mandy-Jane and sure hope that happens for you! Much good luck.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I discovered there's a chapter of Sweet Adelines about 16 blocks from my office. I'll find out Tuesday if they're accepting new members.

For me that's very, very exciting.

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
Great All! So far, nothing for me except my finger is browsing Fodors and Travelocity to book airline tickets to London. I keep saying, “You need to research and find out where you’re going to stay.” I want to be spontaneous and book it. Who knows, maybe it will happen by the end of the night. Congrats everyone.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to cheat and name a few, though these are maybe more "fun" than exciting...

1. I celebrated my 26th wedding anniversary on the 5th...hubby took the day off and we went to an afternoon matinee showing of "The Pursuit of Happyness" (fabulous movie, HIGHLY recommend!) and later went to a favorite restaurant.

2. I got a long-distance call from a friend I've known since we were 6, though we'd been out of touch in recent years. She's coming for a visit in February.

3. I (finally) got around to querying and sending a condensed version of my devotional poetry book to a small press yesterday...fingers crossed! Personally I think they'd be the perfect publisher; hopefully they will, too :D .

Arisa81

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pacificpurple.blogspot.com
Well, I made my first 2 sales today. That's pretty exciting for me. I love starting the new year off this way. I've also been really dedicated to my writing, so I am really feeling motivated to continue all the goodness :tongue

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dinner at a fancy restaurant.

The worst: Having to pay for dinner at a fancy restaurant.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Susie, sorry I misread. I thought it was 2006, which by the way I can't stop writing 2006.
Since Jan 1, 07...I made reservations and booked my Spring Break trip..even booked my doogies into Doggie camp for the week....Not so exciting I'm taking THREE 16 yr. old girls which will turn into SIX teens when we get to the beach (3 girls will automactically lure 3 boys). Hubby and I will need another vacation just to recoup when we return!

jester

Registered
Reaction score
Hubby just got called Friday for an interview with a great company. We will have to see how great after the interview, but it would mean a huge move half way across the country.

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
About to take a significant promotion at work in the next week or two, which will likely lead to an even better promotion by this summer. Finally started working on scripts again (I didn't write anything in all of 2006).

Looking good so far.

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
I subbed my first piece of the year. Since it's been at least six months since I've done that, I'm calling it exciting! I've also gotten back to my daily word counts and visits to AW, and that's even more exciting. 2006 was a bad writing year for me - good in lots of ways but not that one.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a new BIG rock tumbler, and it's tumblin' a new batch right now :D

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis said:
Got an email from a Food Network star. That's about it for now.
Thats great Joe ! Congrats

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
I am excited for my parents. They left on a cruise last week for their anniversary. It's the first time they've ever been on a ship. I hope their having a great time!

For me, I had minor shoulder surgery 3 days ago and am almost feeling back to normal. Not too exciting, but nice to have it out of the way.

Susie

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys, you all sound like your starting '07 off right. Let's keep up the great happenings all year long! :e2grouphu

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
JoeEkaitis said:
Got an email from a Food Network star. That's about it for now.

Was it that hot little Italian chick, Giada De Laurentiis?

If so, I'm jealous.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Well..I started a new job and also on my WIP-- it's hopefully going to be for the Harlequin Everlasting Love line.