Old age related memory loss stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am writing a health article on age related memory loss related for a national pub.

Looking for people in the age group of 45-75 who can give accounts of their memory lapses. Though it's not necessary, still if you can provide your photographs that would be great!

If you can give accounts of any of the following, I would be interested in interviewing you:

a) Funny accounts of memory lapses like how you once forgot where you had put your glasses etc.
b) How you first thought you had Alzheimer's, but medical check ups ruled that out.
c) Any special "hacks" or tricks you try to keep your brain in top gear in old age.
d)Any other aspect of old age related memory loss that you might want to share.
If you would like to share your story or know anyone who might be an appropriate candidate for this, either PM me or reply here.

Thank you,
Spider

P.S I understand that 45-65 is not old age, but that's the target audience of the pub, and the article discusses memory loss due to ageing ( not necessarily related to Dementia or Alzheimer's)

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For this type of thing you would probably do better to visit a nursing home, Senior Citizens center, or some other place where groups of seniors congregate. Maybe even post a note on the bulletin board of whatever grocery stores are in your area (leave a tear-off number, since, well, they might forget it otherwise :).

I used to work near a Senior Citizens center (anyone could go and have lunch there; it just cost a dollar or two more if you weren't a senior); they seemed to be friendly, helpful bunch

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
SpiderGal said:
Hello all,
Looking for people in the age group of 45-65 who can give accounts of their memory lapses. ...Any other aspect of old age related memory loss that you might want to share.
Hi Spider!
The problem I see might be that 45-65 isn't considered old age. That's middle age nowadays. You might want to either say "middle age" or up the age span to 65-85.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Phew! Made some changes on the first post!

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Consider lunching an Outreach worker at your local senior citizen's or over-50s club.

SpiderGal

Princess of Nerds
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. The hunt is still on. Anyone know of online resources where I could find such people?

jsh

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I have a great second-hand story. I saw the band Helmet play at Michigan State University, and before they came out Timothy Leary spoke. He said, "Senility is wasted on old people." He said it's like a mild marijuana buzz that sticks with you all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.