Past astronomical events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for any source on past astronomical events.

Specifically, for my WIP I'd like to know from where the annular solar eclipse of 807 AD could be seen. I know it was seen in Scotland and Northern Ireland, but that's not where my characters will be.

In general, any list or chart or anything from any period would be helpful to me -- if not for this, then for some other project.

Thanks to you if you have anything at all! :)

Shades of Humanity

Registered
Reaction score
Willowmound said:
I'm looking for any source on past astronomical events.

Specifically, for my WIP I'd like to know from where the annular solar eclipse of 807 AD could be seen. I know it was seen in Scotland and Northern Ireland, but that's not where my characters will be.

In general, any list or chart or anything from any period would be helpful to me -- if not for this, then for some other project.

Thanks to you if you have anything at all! :)

There's this program called Celestia that's been really helpful for me, and it's free! It might help you out now...or for future projects.

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you!

I'll download it and see whether it does what I need. There's not much documentation there...

Willowmound

Lightly salted
Registered
Reaction score
O M G!!

I love this!!

Thank you, Humanity!

I set the year and the time of day and looked at the right spot on the globe and thought, "there's something wrong here, it's 11 AM but the it's dark." So I flip the globe around, and bang! -- I'm looking straight at the annular eclipse! Of course the ground is dark!

This is perfect!

(Appologies for the way-too-many exclamation marks, but I just got reeeel excited ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.