strange dream

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I could've posted this in OP, but here I'm less likely to get weird responses or people poking fun.

Last night, I had a very strange dream. But the only part that really stuck with me, the only part I realized was important, was one part when I saw that the guy I liked had a rosary hung around his neck. It was a bright red rosary, and the bead where the image of Jesus and Mary usually is (the one holding the rosary together that has 3 strings of beads coming out of it) wasn't a religious image, but a round, red representation of the earth. Some time during the dream, his rosary broke and the earth fell off (only the earth, the rest of the rosary was intact), and I was the one who found it and gave it back to him.

Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I know plenty of nuns who do wear them that way, mostly to keep them handy.
It seems you think a lot of this guy, and perhaps think you have something to offer that completes him. I'm no dream interpreter, but that's my guess at the symbolism.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
johnnysannie said:
I have no idea what the dream might mean but in my lifelong Catholic experience, rosaries are not worn around the neck like a necklace.

Actually, that's become some sort of fad here in Mexico, everyone seems t be wearing a rosary like a necklace, but it was just a dream. This guy is not catholic.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Can you describe the rosary? Did it actually have catholic symbols on it? Because a lot of religious sects use beaded necklaces--not just catholics.

Is it a reoccuring dream?

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
It was like a rosary, with the cross and everything but the center bead was in the shape of a world, and it was bright red.

And no, it isn't a recurring dream. I dream of the guy every single night, but I'd never dreamed about the rosary.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
That's very interesting. I'm not in your shoes, so i cant be the judge of your dreams. Only you can. Have you tried looking, at this dream from a different light?

For instances, my dreams always reflect what my emotional side triggers in the daytime. Dreams that I have, are based on things outside the external physical world so i intuitively reflect on them as they occur (I know why etc... in an unconsciousness state) It's not the actual physical reality in the dream that determines, the dream itself. It is the hidden motive of it, linking it back to the source.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
To expound on C. Bronco: From a basic symbology stand point, the circular shape of the earth could represent his whole being, the complete man. Something in you thinks that you could help him find his "whole self," you know, in the "you complete me" kind of way.

Just a thought. Sorry I didn't see this earlier, Dama.

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
...my take...
RED - the colour of passion... also 'danger': you 'ache' for this guy... but you don't feel you're on sure ground...
ROSARY - symbol for your wishes/hopes... you're 'praying' he 'notices' you, asks you out, 'be yours'...
ROSARY AROUND HIS NECK - ...you fear your desire/advances might 'choke' him / drive him away... you're hesitating to make your real feelings known to him for fear of losing him... Also - a symbol for 'lassoing' him in / catching him - you wish this...
EARTH BEAD - you believe this man would complete you... he is at the top of your wish list...
EARTH BEAD DROPPING - again your fear that your advances would drive him away...
EARTH BEAD RED - symbol of your passion for him again...

...ring close?

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
When it comes to dreams, you can't always look at it in every single detail. Many dreams mean nothing at all. Perhaps this is one of them, but maybe it's not. It's hard to say and the way a dream should be interpreted is through only you because you may have different meanings for the things you see. And as for you dreaming about him every night, maybe there's something you're denying which is why you dream of him all the time. For instance, I dreamed of nothing but death for two months straight. When I finally realized that my dreams were trying to tell me that I was changing, then my killing/murder/death dreams stopped. Maybe your dreams of him are telling you something, too...maybe something you don't want to recognize.

Lady Esther

I can say the alphabet backwards!
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamed of nothing but death for two months straight. When I finally realized that my dreams were trying to tell me that I was changing, then my killing/murder/death dreams stopped. Maybe your dreams of him are telling you something, too...maybe something you don't want to recognize.

Interesting point. I dreamt of death (nuclear explosions, the end of the world, etc.) for a year. But, they stopped when I accepted Jesus into my life.

Very interesting.

Ragnarok

Loki made me do it
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea of what this could mean?

It's hard to be sure without knowing a little about you or this man, but one interpretation would have to do with an issue between someone's (unconscious) spiritual self (rosary) and their environment in waking life (broken earth). An example of this would be someone living in a family with christian beliefs while their soul would feel there's a lot the bible fails to explain when it comes to life's purpose.

Should the interpretation fit,... Depending on what your liking this man entails, the person concerned could actually be this man. (you'd end up helping him heal or accept his true path) or you, with him being a representation of your "animus" (male counterpart).
At any rate, this dream is an omen of healing.

Last edited:

Moon Daughter

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting point. I dreamt of death (nuclear explosions, the end of the world, etc.) for a year. But, they stopped when I accepted Jesus into my life.

Very interesting.

That is very interesting! Dreams are completely complex. But hey, there are some pretty good dream guides out there that describe the meanings of objects, symbols, etc. You could also check out a site online.