PDA

View Full Version : Just some sappy crap.

Bartholomew
01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
You know, I found Absolute Write because of the New York Literary Agency and PA? I was so excited that an agent wanted my book. I thought I'd cut the middle man out and see if a publisher would feel the same way. I thought I was being O-So-Crafty.

Publish America sent me a contract. Sherry Fine emailed me asking about my manuscript. "Gee," I told myself, "People are beating my door down trying to get my writing."

And then my Father, who is always wrong, bless him, said something along the lines of "I knew you'd make it."

That was like cold water. Quickly, Sherman, to the Google Machine! I was hoping for the best and expecting the worst. It was worse than I thought possible. People were pounding my door in, alright. Its like they could smell my newbishness and prey off of it.

So, thank you, AW and Writer Beware, and all of the dissassociated writers out there who pitched a collective bitch about the scammers and frauds in this industry. And thank you, Dad, for always being wrong.

KTC
01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
This is the story of so many people, Bart. I'm happy you found AW before you jumped in. Bless your father for his faith in you. You never know...he may just be right this time. Maybe you just went to the wrong people.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey, Bart... even a broken clock's right sometimes. Your dad'll have his 'sometimes', too - and it'll be over you. :D

Shadow_Ferret
01-04-2007, 07:22 PM
Gee, I certainly hope one day my kids are as loving and appreciative of my support as Bart seems to be of his dad. :rolleyes:

Bartholomew
01-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Gee, I certainly hope one day my kids are as loving and appreciative of my support as Bart seems to be of his dad. :rolleyes:

I think he prefers the honesty. The last time I saw him do something that didn't explode in his face... um... I can't think of an instance...

PeeDee
01-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're welcome. Five bucks.

Bartholomew
01-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're welcome. Five bucks.

I... I was hoping you'd forget. :(

PeeDee
01-05-2007, 08:54 AM
A man with a ledger never forgets. :)

Bartholomew
01-05-2007, 09:12 AM
A man with a ledger never forgets. :)

About the ledger... I... I was hungry. And it was so good with salt. :(

PeeDee
01-05-2007, 09:28 AM

That brings your total to $9.75, sir.