I'm more bitter than unsweetened chocolate

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I've been extremely cold and bitter lately. While I'm not the nicest person on earth, my recent distaste for the world isn't suiting at all. Any else have this problem- just suddenly turning into a frigid bitch? Anything help it? A slap in the face? The ghost of Christmas X? A cuddly teddy bear?

Mandy-Jane

venturing ever further into the unknown
Registered
Reaction score
I will complete a play this year! I will!
Yes! That happens to me all the time (and usually I am the nicest person on earth!) It's awful. I'm snappy at the kids, the husband, the sheep. I'm thinking maybe it's hormones, the weather, maybe the gravitational pull of the earth? I don't know. As for anything helping it, every morning I wake up and I'm determined to be better. But then the kids spill their cornflakes, the husband looks at me in the wrong way, and the sheep start baaing at me (45 baaing sheep can make anyone go feral).

I think I need to get back into meditation.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Mandy Jane, it's probably hormones. I pretty much want the whole planet to writhe and burn in hell when I have PMS. You might try boosting your B vitamins and adding a calcium supplement.

Hope your mood turns back to sweet choccy soon :)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Tsuki--this might sound a little weird, but you get to choose, you know? If you don't like who you're turning into, or how you feel, you get to choose to make yourself into who and what you do like, and want to be. It's a long process, with results that are imperfect, as best. It takes a conscious act of will, too. And lots of honest self-examination.

Not the navel-gazing sort of examination, either, but really digging at the what's and why-fors behind how you feel and respond to things.

I think you're a completely delightful person, actually.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
In addition to what's already been said, y'know, it might just be the time of year. A lot of people get depressed and grumpy and feel all kinds of unhappy things around now. Seasonal dumps.

I half-expected I'm more bitter than unsweetened chocolate to be the lead-in for a Calamity Jane song. Kinda disappointed.

-Derek

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Mandy-Jane said:
Yes! That happens to me all the time (and usually I am the nicest person on earth!) It's awful. I'm snappy at the kids, the husband, the sheep. I'm thinking maybe it's hormones, the weather, maybe the gravitational pull of the earth? I don't know. As for anything helping it, every morning I wake up and I'm determined to be better. But then the kids spill their cornflakes, the husband looks at me in the wrong way, and the sheep start baaing at me (45 baaing sheep can make anyone go feral).

I think I need to get back into meditation.
Meditation may help out a lot. I never got this fristrated and angry when I was meditating regularly. The world seemed a bit more surreal, but at least I was happy about it. :)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aadams73 said:
I'm with Mandy Jane, it's probably hormones. I pretty much want the whole planet to writhe and burn in hell when I have PMS. You might try boosting your B vitamins and adding a calcium supplement.

Hope your mood turns back to sweet choccy soon :)
Perhaps it is hormones.... Give it a week, and maybe I'll be happy go lucky? (As I say this, the back of my mind is plotting a mutilation and murder and at least one count of arson. Ugh)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
MacAllister said:
Tsuki--this might sound a little weird, but you get to choose, you know? If you don't like who you're turning into, or how you feel, you get to choose to make yourself into who and what you do like, and want to be. It's a long process, with results that are imperfect, as best. It takes a conscious act of will, too. And lots of honest self-examination.

Not the navel-gazing sort of examination, either, but really digging at the what's and why-fors behind how you feel and respond to things.

I think you're a completely delightful person, actually.
It doesn't sound weird at all. I've been trying to do this lately. Despite being a closet-bitch, I've been trying to smile and be free of anger and happy. But lurking in the back of my mind is this chick who keeps yelling "Just hit her! Take your shoe off and beat her until she coughs op blood!" or "Screw the world, chew the inside of your lip until it's raw and feel as pissed as I am!" Hopefully the whole "thought becomes reality" thing will kick in soon and I'll go back to my laid-back, relaxed, unstressed self.

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dpaterso said:
In addition to what's already been said, y'know, it might just be the time of year. A lot of people get depressed and grumpy and feel all kinds of unhappy things around now. Seasonal dumps.
That's true, winter definately isn't my most favorable season. Screw this, I'm going to Miami, even if I have to walk there....

dpaterso said:
I half-expected I'm more bitter than unsweetened chocolate to be the lead-in for a Calamity Jane song. Kinda disappointed.

-Derek

You could always hi-jack :).

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Tsuki said:
You could always hi-jack :).
Thing is, it only gets so far, then things kinda break down and revert back to Doris Day schmaltz...

#I'm more bitter than unsweetened chocolate
I'm as sour as a week-old mince pie,
No more apart little girl with no heart
I have found me a wonderful guy!#

See? You just can't stay grumpy when DD's in the room! Or... maybe it's an age thing. God I'm depressed now. Thanks!

-Derek

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
The cure is love. You need a special someone, Tsuki.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
dpaterso said:
Thing is, it only gets so far, then things kinda break down and revert back to Doris Day schmaltz...

#I'm more bitter than unsweetened chocolate
I'm as sour as a week-old mince pie,
No more apart little girl with no heart
I have found me a wonderful guy!#

Bwahahahaha! I started humming this little Rodgers and Hammerstein tune from South Pacific when I read the first line further up. (Twas Mitzi Gaynor who sang that particular little number)

TsukiRyoko

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Mandy-Jane said:
http://altmedicine.about.com/od/homeremedyhowtos/a/naturalmood.htm?nl=1

Try some of these. I was just reading this article. Some of these may work for you (except maybe for Number 2 because I know you don't sleep.)
number 1 I do a lot. I can't drive, so if I have somewhere to go, I'm walking. But, I haven't been walking as much as usual lately, so getting back into my old routine could help out a good bit. Number 5, aromatherapy, really caught my attention. I LOVE aromatherapy. I back it up 100%. Thank you very much for the link :D

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
Not the navel-gazing sort of examination, either

Personally, I find gazing at navel's very enlightening. So long as it's, you know, not my navel.
:D

I think recognizing you're not happy with your moods is the first step to changing them. It's those who turn cold and bitter with no knowledge of it who are doomed to stay that way.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
TsukiRyoko said:
I've been extremely cold and bitter lately. While I'm not the nicest person on earth, my recent distaste for the world isn't suiting at all. Any else have this problem- just suddenly turning into a frigid bitch? Anything help it? A slap in the face? The ghost of Christmas X? A cuddly teddy bear?

Tsuki, you're going to end up just like me, except for the fat, ugly and male part.

I HATED my life as a high schooler. I was depressed, dark, nearly goth (I think if I'd known goth existed, I would have been goth), and always upset about how miserable I was. My poetry reflects that. My recollections with parents and friends proves it.

And yet... I can't think of one damned reason why I was so upset. I had a GREAT time as a kid. Fantastic adventures, great friends, never got shot or eaten by a bear.

Buck up, kid. You're bitter and dark and upset because you're a hormonal young woman. You're MUCH sweeter and friendlier than you give yourself credit for, and everyone else here knows it. We'll be waiting for you once the chrysalis breaks.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
TsukiRyoko said:
....... But lurking in the back of my mind is this chick who keeps yelling "Just hit her! Take your shoe off and beat her until she coughs op blood!" or "Screw the world, chew the inside of your lip until it's raw and feel as pissed as I am!" Hopefully the whole "thought becomes reality" thing will kick in soon and I'll go back to my laid-back, relaxed, unstressed self.

I've been there...still there for the most part. A lot of it is anger over the frustration of not being able to DO anything about the people who were trying to ruin my life.

So I gave up and stopped letting people walk all over me. Best example: In line to get vehicle out of parking lot. Said vehicle (at the time) was an extra long work van, previously owned by (Blankety slug wart ex) that I inherited because he had to have the NEW one. So I pull up to pay to get out and the lady sees fit to lecture me on my vehicle. It is ugly and it is big and she can smell the exhaust and I should try to park it somewhere else because the lot (public) is for people with 'nice' cars.

So, I went home and cried. Then I decided to put my anger in writing. Then I sent off the letter. (If engine exhaust bothere her, then why is she working somewhere that she has to inhale it, and besides my van was twice as long as the cars in front of me. That meant the exhaust was twice as far from her.)
I got an apology, free parking for a month and her fired.
From that moment on, I started sending pointed letters to companies who bothered me.
A good benefit has been oodles of freebies I get when I complain.
Blood pressure good, too.
My kids respect me.

One other thing. My mother taught me this, I've taught my daughter, so I will also pass it on to you. When the hormones are raging and you just have to tear something apart to maintain your sanity....
get a bag of walnuts, find a driveway or cinderblock wall, and, one by one fling the walnuts to the ground. They will smash. It is satisfying. Squirrels will love you. Sometimes I still have half-bag days.

Hugs...(uh...you don't have that knife I gave you, do you?) ok, then..HUGS!!!!

davids

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes if not all of the time it is just better-far better-to be miserable-cold-and full of distaste-give them the power over you-maybe it will make you what you are supposed to be-enjoy the bitterness it can be very constructive if used properly

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
aadams73 said:
Bwahahahaha! I started humming this little Rodgers and Hammerstein tune from South Pacific when I read the first line further up. (Twas Mitzi Gaynor who sang that particular little number)
They say the second thing to go when you get older is your memory. I can't remember what the first thing is.

-Derek

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Then I decided to put my anger in writing. Then I sent off the letter. ...I got an apology, free parking for a month and her fired.
From that moment on, I started sending pointed letters to companies who bothered me.
A good benefit has been oodles of freebies I get when I complain.

This really does help - I turned some anger into letter writing with amazing results. Now I do it all the time, and sometimes on behalf of other people. It's amazing what can happen when you write an honest, well-worded, professional letter expressing anger and injustice.

I like the sound of breaking glass, too. That helps a lot.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Tsuki, you need to visit the house of peace, calm and serenity. Some nectar, a visit to the Zen garden and a massage from one of our wonderful massage fellows and soothing Enya music will really help you feel great. It definitely works. Just ask our other visitors, most of whom haven't left there.:)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just recognizing it is half the battle...but I suspect hormones as well...and the weather controls our moods as well.
Put on some calming music, light aroma candles and do some relaxation techs...:Hug2: