Laundering money through a nightclub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Hall

Registered
Reaction score
Is it at all possible to launder money through a nightclub?

Another question...

I know nightclubs make their money from attendees paying a fee to get in, and the bar, but how else? Do nightclub owners charge the DJ a "fee to play"?

pamelajo

Registered
Reaction score
It's possible to launder money through any business if it is a cash heavy business, like a nightclub, bar, etc.

I never heard of a dj paying a club to play. What would be the benefit in that? DJ's are usually the draw at a club. Sometimes the club will pay the DJ a set price or the DJ will get a percentage of the "door."

jsh

Registered
Reaction score
I think what happens is that the nightclub will over-report the amount of money it takes in. So, they may get $10 through the club, and if they want to launder $5, then they report $15 in earnings from the club.

Some entertainers (in some states, I guess) do pay the club owner, and then get profit from tips & stuff. I think that's how topless dancing works in Michigan. DJs probably don't get enough in tips to make the scheme viable.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Its easy to launder money on any business that takes in cash. Just have a cover of $5 and say 500 more people came in each day than actually did.

Status
Not open for further replies.