My son is missing...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know all the details because I just heard from my youngest daughter that my son left his mothers house late last night and hasn't returned yet.

I only know that his mother (my ex-wife) was gone all day and came home late to tell her boyfriend that my son was gone.

I do know the police are looking for him. Although, I suspect he either went to a friends or is trying to come back here (Phoenix) and be with me again. I know he didn't want to live with his mother, but I had no choice since all my money was gone and he needed a home.

I'm trying to find out more information and at the same time I'm about to collapse from worry. It's all my fault for letting his mother run around the court systems while I had the children.

I'll let everyone know more when I find out.

Jon

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Oh, Jon! That's terrible. I'm sending prayers. Hopefully he is just at a friend's house and will be located quickly.

Please keep us informed!

{{HUGS}},

Susan G.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
alleycat said:
How old is he?
Fifteen years old, and a treasure to me. We spoke over the holidays and he can't wait to return and live with me again. I just talked to my daughter and we can't get ahold of her mother.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
De puta madre O_O

What state is this happening in? A little location detail couldn't hurt if he's missing.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know you're worried, but you know how 15-year olds are. He's probably off being mad, or making his way to your house, or just out with his friends.

Remember that most of the time these things turn out alright.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
No cell phone?
Hope you hear from him soon, and that he's on his way to your place.
i have a fifteen year old son. I lost him once,(when he was 12) for just an afternoon, I freaked. I'd be a nutcase right now.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So sorry Jon, please keep calling the State Police posts on his suspected route. Prayers are with you both... :Hug2:

moth

my own two hands
Registered
Reaction score
Spooky, I know I don't know you very well, but I will pray for your son and for his safe and speedy return. And for you.

giftedrhonda

Gifted Goofball
Registered
Reaction score
Bless your heart - you guys will be in my prayers. How scary! I have 2 kids, and I'd be worried, too. Keep us updated.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Gosh, when my kids (17 and 15) cross town on a bus I get worried. I hope you locate him soon, and that your ex-wife wakes up and decides to keep you informed. She should be keeping the lines of communication open.

Try to stay cool, and don't say anything you'll regret later. It's easy to let your emotions get away from you at a time like this. I'm praying that he's found safe and sound.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jon, I'm praying he'll be found safe and sound, and that you'll not go nuts with worry right now. Please keep us posted--we're worrying with you!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Jon - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope he is found (safe and unharmed) soon.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
Jon, this is terrible. Have they issued an Amber Alert, or do they not have those in your state?

Sending positive thoughts to both you and your young'un. Hope he turns up safe quickly.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I just learned from my ex-wifes boyfriend is that they believe my son is trying to catch a bus to Phoenix. I don't have anymore information than that...and am freaking worried about him.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate all the concern and thoughts. I'll let you know what I find out.

Love you guys,

I'm a nervous wreak!

Jon

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
Well, surely the police will call the bus stations and they'll hold him if he tries to buy a ticket.

I traveled across several states alone on a bus when I was 15 - and believed at the time that I was totally safe.

He'll be fine - hang in there.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there, Spooky, I'll be praing this all turns into a fine adventure tale your son and you will share long into the future.

c2ckim

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thereadersretreat.com
Jon, I hope you find your son safe and more than a little ashamed of what he's put you through. 15 year olds don't alway think before they act and when you get him home I hope you hug him then ground him for the rest of his life.
Prayers are with you and I'll pray that his guardian angels keeps him safe from harm

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Good luck, Spooky. I've been there. I wouldn't want to go back.