Well someones working in freakin' NYC..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Either that or they are in the bed with a major hangover, to have sent me a reject today.

And to think I wanted my New Year to start out good...

I did a major work out today...'bout killed me!

Worked on my MS, and caught up on all the laundry...

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Kimmi, I'm sorry to hear that. Come over hear and give Uncle Silver a hug.:Hug2:

Now, doesn't that feel better?

Don't let this news spoil what's bound to be a great year for you. As you know, there are plenty of fish in the sea, so just keep casting and casting and casting, and I promise you'll hook a big one.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh thanks Silver... :Hug2:
It may have been my lack of black-eyed peas...I didn't have them to protect me at the time and I just finished a nice big bowl! Now my luck will kick in... ;)
Almost couldn't resist firing back a Happy New Year To You Too email... but alas I did not.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
kimmi 57 said:
Almost couldn't resist firing back a Happy New Year To You Too email... but alas I did not.
:ROFL:

Amazing. Probably that editor or agent is probably the only one in NYC who didn't party last night. And geez, couldn't he/she let that rejection wait 'til tomorrow??

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
stormie said:
:ROFL:

Amazing. Probably that editor or agent is probably the only one in NYC who didn't party last night. And geez, couldn't he/she let that rejection wait 'til tomorrow??

Yeah, and I so know she was laying (lieing) in that bed with her laptop, punching those buttons....:rant:

smallthunder

Ruled by Dachshunds
Registered
Reaction score
kimmi 57 said:
Ahhh thanks Silver... :Hug2:
It may have been my lack of black-eyed peas...I didn't have them to protect me at the time and I just finished a nice big bowl! Now my luck will kick in... ;)

Sorry to hear the news -- and I am sure it is NOT an omen of the year to come. Really. You've been innoculated, as it were.

Could you explain the bit about 'black-eyed peas'? My sister mentioned something about this, too, and I can't figure out where this comes from -- is it a Texas thing? (she's been living in Texas; we're originally from NYC)

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smallthunder said:
Sorry to hear the news -- and I am sure it is NOT an omen of the year to come. Really. You've been innoculated, as it were.

Could you explain the bit about 'black-eyed peas'? My sister mentioned something about this, too, and I can't figure out where this comes from -- is it a Texas thing? (she's been living in Texas; we're originally from NYC)

Well Black-eyed peas New Years day to bring luck- probably a southern thing...but known all over, I am assuming.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Kimmi, we're rejection twins!! I got an email rejection on a query this afternoon!

:Hug2:

We so totally rock.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Kimmi, we're rejection twins!! I got an email rejection on a query this afternoon!

:Hug2:

We so totally rock.

Oh crappers and you so know she was sitting, laying lying on her fluffy bed there, with a box of Godiva chocolates her boyfriend had brought over...probably contemplating on going to Serendipities for dinner....Or worse he was laying lying beside her in bed saying "You know I used to date a Kimmi and AA in college"....argghhh someone help before I send her a response!!.:rant:

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
kimmi 57 said:
argghhh someone help before I send her a response!!.:rant:

Step away from the keyborad; it's not worth it!:)

Seriously though, my apologies. Rejections always suck . . . though I doubt your little fantasy was very accurate.;)

Maprilynne

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
You didn't happen to notice if there were poodle paw prints on the letter, did you Kimmi?

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rllgthunder said:
You didn't happen to notice if there were poodle paw prints on the letter, did you Kimmi?

AAkk! Is that the potty mouth one....
Hmm..too late, just replied back that ...

Dear Ms Agent,
The holidays are a time of joy.
Have a Happy and Joyous New Year.
hugs Kimmi

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
I'm so sorry Kimmi. :Hug2: She's like the Scrooge of New Years. I thought holidays were safe. Remember the Thanksgiving thread in which we were all very, very thankful we couldn't get any rejections for one day? Sigh.

Maybe she'll get a nasty cavity from those chocolates and need a root canal. :D

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aliajohnson said:
I'm so sorry Kimmi. :Hug2: She's like the Scrooge of New Years. I thought holidays were safe. Remember the Thanksgiving thread in which we were all very, very thankful we couldn't get any rejections for one day? Sigh.

Maybe she'll get a nasty cavity from those chocolates and need a root canal. :D
Ah Thanksgiving...had to worry about them carrying my MS all around spilling turkey gravy on it or worse using it for kitty litter lining ;)

A root canal would work, since I swore off chocolate till after Lent....just the idea of her eating chocolate....:tongue

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
Wait, you swore off chocolate before lent? Is this like the running thing and I'm just not going to understand?
Oh--and this for you aadams--:Hug2: Sorry you got a rejection today as well.

Wonder if it's the same evil-doer.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aliajohnson said:
Wait, you swore off chocolate before lent? Is this like the running thing and I'm just not going to understand?
Oh--and this for you aadams--:Hug2: Sorry you got a rejection today as well.

Wonder if it's the same evil-doer.

Yuppers, on chocolate...I'll get to the beach just about that time...
No sense working my silly brains out with all that exercise, just to defeat it with sugar.

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
kimmi 57 said:
Yuppers, on chocolate...I'll get to the beach just about that time...
No sense working my silly brains out with all that exercise, just to defeat it with sugar.

Ah, that makes sense now. Did you go running again today?

I wonder if it's common for people to start work on the first or if this was an anomaly. :Shrug:

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aliajohnson said:
Ah, that makes sense now. Did you go running again today?

I wonder if it's common for people to start work on the first or if this was an anomaly. :Shrug:
No running, just intense cardio and strength training.
I just can not believe an agent would do this...it's so tacky...
Hugs AA!

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com
kimmi 57 said:
No running, just intense cardio and strength training.
I just can not believe an agent would do this...it's so tacky...
Hugs AA!

It was thoughtless, definitely. It's not as if New Years is a religious holiday either. Maybe she just assumed you'd be doing holiday stuff and not look at your email until tomorrow.

And maybe she's just a big 'ol meanie. Who knows?
You've still got the full out--and other queries?--so keep your chin up. :Hug2:

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
W hat a crappy way to start the New Year, but it sounds like you're handling it well. Nothing like physical pain to take the mind of emotional pain. I guess that's why our ancestors used to flagellate themselves and wear hair shirts , lol.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
aliajohnson said:
It was thoughtless, definitely. It's not as if New Years is a religious holiday either. Maybe she just assumed you'd be doing holiday stuff and not look at your email until tomorrow.

And maybe she's just a big 'ol meanie. Who knows?
You've still got the full out--and other queries?--so keep your chin up. :Hug2:
I'd go with the simplest likely explanation: the agent figured she'd use the free day to clean up her email backlog, and as you said, it's not as if New Year's is a religious holiday. She probably didn't give it much more thought than, "Guess I'd better handle those queries today, since I'll be on the phone all day tomorrow."

:Hug2: for the rejection, though. They always suck.

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
I got a rejection this evening from one of my top agent picks ... from an agent I'd LOVE to have. Sucks, doesn't it? At least I have several other queries out.

We can do this!

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
stormie said:
Wait a minute--Kimmi and Bea both got rejections from an agent on New Year's Day? Hmmm.... might just be a certain agent who blogs anonymously as M.S. with her little dog by her side. Poddy Mouth is someone who blogs anonymously about POD books.

Hmm, so did aadams...well she got a polite er... lesson in manners and tact from me last nite....

Status
Not open for further replies.