How To Upset a Goliath Book Biz

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen it, they group it with books on how to lose your manuscript and so on...

I believe if you advertise their crap, someone might buy it.

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
So You'd Like to...

Throw Your Writing Career Out the Window: A guide by Curious Writer

...ooooooh this is the one it's grouped with...sorry for the wrong title before.

imagoodgurl4

Attack!
Registered
Reaction score
That is a new low for PA. I hope that anyone who reads this book is smart enough to realize that it's merely a recruiting effort by PA so that they can suck even more money from unsuspecting writers. I was glad to see that Jenna was the first to comment, however, as her review pointed out the contradictions of the book. Perhaps that will save even a few people from PA's clutches.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Bartholomew said:
I saw this on amazon and almost fired a kitten-shaped brick out of my arse.
What an enlivening presence you are.

imagoodgurl4

Attack!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, wow...I did when I looked back at the site. Maybe with the "i" on Little David, he's secretly compensating for something. A Freudian slip or something along those lines. Hmm....:tongue

TwentyFour

Registered
Reaction score
102-2574898-6961724
thats funny!

8thSamurai

Registered
Reaction score
It's been out for a while, and discussed (and dismissed) here pretty thoroughly. Just proof postive that Willem Meiners can't write fiction.

I dunno, looks like fiction to me...

Marie Pacha

Still a work in progress
Registered
Reaction score
Pages 277- 353 consist of PA authors' names (including mine, which I wish they would remove) and a few grainy photos. Those are the only lines in the book single spaced.

Without wasting a whole lot of time counting it appears there are approximately 175 words on most pages. Some have quite a few less. Spacing after periods is inconsistent; sometimes one and sometimes two spaces. I could see that just by glancing at pages.

I bought a copy on eBay before my arbitration for a couple of bucks, because I wanted to know more about the people I was up against. If I had read it before I signed my contracts, knowing that it was written by PA's CEO, I would never have signed with them.

Aside from the technical problems in the book, it doesn't begin to explain what goliath book biz PA has upset.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was his outline of how PA was going to Rule the WORLD of Publishing from the Hellocopter?

MRevelle83

Complication
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rpgmmag.com
Resurrection of old threads is always fun.

I must say that I quite enjoyed the people's comments on this book at the bottom. I'm sure I got more out of reading those than the book itself.