PDA

View Full Version : I'm going out with a bang!

Little Red Barn
01-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Mac, move this please if I've posted in the wrong spot.

I finished my outline and all my notes for my new book this past week. I've been researching products for the last 2 years...ie; products that give you the same satisfaction as those fancy mall sticker shock products do...but at eg WalMart prices...

Some are hilarious, but very do-able

I didn't leave anyone out.

Anyone want to share any of their favorite items please pm me...I'm always on the search.
...or continue down.

Big Thanks,
hugs kimmi

jester
01-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Hi Kimmi I guess this tells me how the books coming along. So product testing huh.....like what exactly? Anyway sounds like fun. Reminds me of that movie, I think it was called....What Woman Want, when Mel was trying on womans panty hose and slipped on the bath beads, sooo funny. Anyway, have a wonderful and published New Year.

Jester

MyFirstMystery
01-01-2007, 07:09 AM
I tend to worry about the non-financial costs of super-cheap (ie: Walmart type) items. Was child labor used? Unfair labor practices? Environmentally destructive policies? Not every inexpensive item has these issues but one of the perks of buying slightly more expensive items at organic/environmental friendly places is that I usually get some assurances on the packaging that people/planet wasn't significantly harmed in the making.

Then again, I may not be your target audience.

MFM

Little Red Barn
01-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I tend to worry about the non-financial costs of super-cheap (ie: Walmart type) items. Was child labor used? Unfair labor practices? Environmentally destructive policies? Not every inexpensive item has these issues but one of the perks of buying slightly more expensive items at organic/environmental friendly places is that I usually get some assurances on the packaging that people/planet wasn't significantly harmed in the making.

Then again, I may not be your target audience.

MFM
Thanks... nah, WaLMart was just an example ie; discount department stores.
For instance a $12.00 face cream that works just as well as a $100.00 one.
Not just cheap products but unique and very do-able ones as well that will hopefully help the everyday shopper from baby , teens, male, female. seniors...furry critters etc... Sensible!
I'm not into the politics of shopping. Thanks for your insight, as I do appreciate it.