Absolute write has its own thread on the PA boards :)

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I found this while perusing the PA boards tonight:

http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=18663

Fairly interesting stuff, especially the last post:

AW has been proven for what they really are. I took on their hero and I made him look like a school boy on the radio in Memphis. They talk a big game on the internet, but it falls flat in the real world.

LOL...Who is our hero? and who the hell is Jeffy S. Miller? Oh, Jeffy is the author of "Higgins series" My bad.

Ona side note, I tried to open a new window to come back here from the PA page, and my browser wouldnt let me. I opened a new instance of IE and connected immediately? Is PA blocking us?

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
J.S Greer said:
Ona side note, I tried to open a new window to come back here from the PA page, and my browser wouldnt let me. I opened a new instance of IE and connected immediately? Is PA blocking us?
It worked for me, both with the posted link in that thread and my bookmark. I think you have gremlins. ;)

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
AnnieColleen said:
It worked for me, both with the posted link in that thread and my bookmark. I think you have gremlins. ;)

Yeah it worked for me after another few tries...I thought it was a consiracy! Gremlins are no fun:tongue

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
What, you mean gremlins aren't a conspiracy?

tlblack

nothing simple here
Registered
Reaction score
That thread got deleted from the PA boards. It was there last night. Imagine that... they don't want anyone reading about AW on PA. Who'd a thunk it?

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nah - it's nothing to do with not wanting anyone reading about AW - they've probably got fed up with our Jeff.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
"I made him look like a school boy on the radio in Memphis" is just Jeff's way of saying "I got my a$$ kicked from here to Sunday."

Unfortunately, the sound quality wasn't good enough for Ed to put up an archive (Jeff mumbled, particularly when he was reading from a long, irrelevant article that he'd found somewhere). But if you want to see how people who weren't PA folks reacted: http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/007815.html

Oh, and personal for Jeff: How many copies of your own book have you bought, big guy?

xhouseboy

In the Yellow Woods
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took on their hero and I made him look like a school boy on the radio in Memphis. They talk a big game on the internet, but it falls flat in the real world.

How do you make someone look like a schoolboy on radio? Share this technology with me, jeff, and we'll also share the royalties. No wait a minute, hasn't TV already been invented.

There's always wisdom lurking within Jeff's nonsense if one is prepared to search for it. What he actually means is his opponent came over like Harry Potter battling it out with Gilderoy Lockhart, the defender against the dark arts who was once described as 'oozing total confidence with an absolute absence of talent'. Lockhart was also a three-times winner of best smile, as voted by the readers of Week Witchly magazine. Wasn't Jeff also a winner for best annual quote as voted by the membership of 'Bollocks Online'? I may be wrong about the next one, but I'm sure JK Rowlin originally toyed with the idea of making Lockhart a pseudo author/wrestler in his spare time, but she binned this one incase it alienated her young readers. A turban and tights was just too much.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I took on their hero and I made him look like a school boy on the radio in Memphis.
As someone who managed to listen to portions of it over the Internet, I can tell you Jeffy did no such thing. Every argument Jeff put up in favour of PA, Jim knocked flat. Jeffy made unsubstantiated claims, Jim backed his up with real data. And on and on and on.

Speaking of schoolboys, Jeff reminds me of one I knew, who years after having a scuffle in the school yard with me was telling people he beat the crap out of me, when in fact a teacher broke it up long before either of us managed to do any harm to each other.

Revisionist history is fun, is it not?

Andrew Jameson

(not his real name)
Registered
Reaction score
Jeffrey S Miller said:
AW has been proven for what they really are. I took on their hero and I made him look like a school boy on the radio in Memphis. They talk a big game on the internet, but it falls flat in the real world.
Me, in July, before the debate:
It doesn't matter to Jeff what actually gets said in the "debate." He'll have a few repeated talking points, he'll get to plug his book, and after it's over, he'll tell everyone how he convincingly won the debate, bearding the lion in his own den, etc. Why even bother learning about debate techniques?
Is anyone at all surprised by what Jeff is saying? If so, why?

tlblack

nothing simple here
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder... since the post was deleted off PA if Jeff finds he no longer has access to the PA message boards.

J.S Greer

Feel the power!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I cant believe they deleted the thread...

And James, we know skippy did no such thing to you on the radio...What a putz that guy was.

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Jeff's a nut...and not a very entertaining one at that. All God's chillen know it. It would be very sweet indeed if PA finally banned him. I mean, they did it to Shemp (and whatever happened to that erstwhile literary fireball, anyway?). Jeffey isn't immune.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Jeff? Isn't that Alien Enigma or whoever?

Why would PA ban him?

Gravity

Registered
Reaction score
Bartholomew said:
Jeff? Isn't that Alien Enigma or whoever?

Why would PA ban him?

Yep, that's him. And why would PA ban him? Simple. He's a shill. And any shill worth the name does whatever they can to make their masters look good. Mentioning AW on the PA site doesn't do that, even if slamming AW is the goal. Because a few of the PA faithful will say, in effect, "Surely AW can't be as bad as all that. I'll check it for myself." They do. They come here, looking around, and those with an open mind will soon have their eyes opened as well. Boom. Another loss for PA. And for everyone they lose, Jeff's value as their shill decreases. PA's answer? Dump him, and groom another. As I said, they did it with Shemp; if Jeff keeps it up, they'll do it to him as well.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Gravity said:
Yep, that's him. And why would PA ban him? Simple. He's a shill. And any shill worth the name does whatever they can to make their masters look good. Mentioning AW on the PA site doesn't do that, even if slamming AW is the goal. Because a few of the PA faithful will say, in effect, "Surely AW can't be as bad as all that. I'll check it for myself." They do. They come here, looking around, and those with an open mind will soon have their eyes opened as well. Boom. Another loss for PA. And for everyone they lose, Jeff's value as their shill decreases. PA's answer? Dump him, and groom another. As I said, they did it with Shemp; if Jeff keeps it up, they'll do it to him as well.

If thats true, it tells me one thing. PA knows that what they're doing is wrong. If I had a business and I felt I was in the right, I'd encourage or outright ignore a website that bashed me. Any publicity is good publicity, unless you're clearly in the wrong.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
Gravity said:
Jeff's a nut...and not a very entertaining one at that. All God's chillen know it. It would be very sweet indeed if PA finally banned him. I mean, they did it to Shemp (and whatever happened to that erstwhile literary fireball, anyway?). Jeffey isn't immune.

Jeff's still there.
But several of the interesting threads have become locked by the MisInfoCenter:

infocenter
Site Admin
262334123b2310bb24.gif

Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:31 pm Post subject: Another hijacked thread..
Locked!

JimmyD1318

THE POPCORN MONSTER!
Registered
Reaction score
Gravity said:

Sorry I missed all of that in my little absence, Jeff showing up over here I mean. Does this Literary Fireball still grace us lowly nobodies with his sweet presence? I read all about him and his little thing he had going on with Uncle Jim. He just wished he was him, then he really would be a published writer.

Gravity

Registered
Reaction score
Jeff doesn't post here much anymore. I think what really sealed it is his telling everyone here he turned down a contract with a large commercial house to go with PA. That was met with about the laughter you'd expect. When he totally ignored the repeated calls to tell the name of that house, that pretty much did him in.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I'm going to just start deleting Jeffie's posts when he goes off his meds and behaves like a troll. If he'd like to play nice, he's still welcome here--at least at this point.

Our little community will somehow struggle along without the benefit of his enormous fame and charisma as a drawing card for the thousands of Jeffie fans out there.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Jeff can come play with me. My teeth are sharpened. I don't care if he mumbles or not. Heh. Heh. Heh.

airbrushlicenseplates_1929_9440895

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
MacAllister said:
I'm going to just start deleting Jeffie's posts when he goes off his meds and behaves like a troll. If he'd like to play nice, he's still welcome here--at least at this point.

Our little community will somehow struggle along without the benefit of his enormous fame and charisma as a drawing card for the thousands of Jeffie fans out there.

Just a couple of observatiions about Jeff's books, something he should toss around in his head a little.

His first book is 77 pages, and the second is 84 pages, both selling for $14.95. My book was 258 pages, and sold for $21.95 (which was way too much). Do the math, Jeff. They say the price is about the number of pages, but my book is 3 1/2 times as long as yours.

My book sold maybe ten copies off Amazon, but probably less. It still has a ranking around 2,200,000. You've promoted the crap out of the first Higgins, and it's ranked around 2,900,000. The new Higgins book has been out since October, and it has a rank of "none". Which means...none, actually.

And lastly...why did you let them/tell them to use the same cover art (with text changes) for the second book? That makes my brain hurt just thinking about having to say, "No no, there are two different books on the table. See?"